Another survey - can't do any harm

Featured Posts

Thought this was another Newbie asking about another Boat survey on an old boat they’re thinking about buying to live on.

Maybe you should change the title to something like:

IWA launch another Survey - can’t do any harm”

Edited by BoatinglifeupNorth

I thought you were buying a boat and didn't like the first survey so you are getting another one done 

Or

The first survey didn't match to CRt figures so we keep surveying until we get one that does

37 minutes ago, Tonka said:

I thought you were buying a boat and didn't like the first survey so you are getting another one done 

Or

The first survey didn't match to CRt figures so we keep surveying until we get one that does

Will be interesting to see how many people do this survey, will IWA members to do it and everyone else just not be bothered, will anyone take any notice of it? as CaRT seem to have the next 5 year licence increase and plans in place from their survey.

Maybe people are fed up with Waterway/Canal surveys.

Edited by BoatinglifeupNorth

18 minutes ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

Maybe people are fed up with Waterway/Canal surveys.

We need a survey to see if that's true. 😀

Are you fed up with filling in waterway/canal surveys. Yes_____ No______ Don't know______

1 hour ago, Rob-M said:

Thought it was quite a negative survey.

At least it's not asking daft questions like "How much do you enjoy boating, 1 - 5, where 5 is Deliriously and 1is Very Much.

Did anyone do much boating last year without running into problems? I'm giving myself six weeks for a two week trip this year.

Edited by Arthur Marshall

Are only issue last year was the lock closure on the T&M, we had been up on the Montgomery and were deciding which way to head back to Great Haywood when we got the stoppage notice so that made the decision for us.  Didn't impact our cruising or change how many days we were out boating, in fact we stayed out longer as I worked from the boat instead of going back to the office because we met up with some friends unexpectedly in Penkridge.

9 minutes ago, cuthound said:

I've completed it, but it swerved the most important question, which is "how much more are you prepared to pay to rectify the maintenance issues?"

I'd be inclined to put £400m as my answer to that. 

2 minutes ago, MtB said:

I'd be inclined to put £400m as my answer to that. 

Blimey, fixing boilers must be even more lucrative than I thought... :) :)

7 hours ago, Rob-M said:

Are only issue last year was the lock closure on the T&M, we had been up on the Montgomery and were deciding which way to head back to Great Haywood when we got the stoppage notice so that made the decision for us.  Didn't impact our cruising or change how many days we were out boating, in fact we stayed out longer as I worked from the boat instead of going back to the office because we met up with some friends unexpectedly in Penkridge.

Come oop Norf and see how you get on and it's not just Rochdale Summit wolves to worry about.

23 hours ago, Arthur Marshall said:

I'm giving myself six weeks for a two week trip this year.

Glad to see there are still some optimists around. 😄

• Haha 1