Achievement Points

Featured Posts

Do you mean these?

They are just the number of 'greenies' you've had.

Screenshot_20240201-195308.png

Or I think to be totally correct the number of reactions, including 'angry', 'unimpressed' etc

I think.

3 minutes ago, beerbeerbeerbeerbeer said:

No, can’t be I’d never have collected so many?

I can afford to loose a few more what ever they are. 

You've got 1.8k

Screenshot_20240201-200050.png

The one I posted first was mine

1 minute ago, beerbeerbeerbeerbeer said:

and I got a warning pint 

sorry point,

Was that when you told the 'forum know all' to go forth and procreate?

I didn't realise they deduct reputation points too.

19 minutes ago, MJG said:

Isnt it strange that with all these members I know fully well who you are talking about 🤣

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, MJG said:

Yes,

and seems so yes,

but what does it mean? or matter?

You get one snap shot to agree with the rules until you can post again. 

42 minutes ago, matty40s said:

That's because you admitted drinking Watneys Red Barrel in a time long ago.

Watneys Red Barrel was certainly a warning pint.

It was the on tap beer on the ship that bought me to the UK in 1974.

Very disconcerting, if that was to be the fare from these legendary British pubs that we were intent on patronising. 

After that first pint stayed we cans of Australian lager for the rest of the voyage. 4X, VB and Fosters, such was our desperation. 

It took finding Camra, and some time, and even more practice, to discover the pleasures of a good well looked after and drawn British crafted pint. 

• Greenie 4

54 minutes ago, beerbeerbeerbeerbeer said:

Yes,

and seems so yes,

but what does it mean? or matter?

You get one snap shot to agree with the rules until you can post again. 

Ah, the dreaded 'acknowledge your warning before you can make further posts' thing.

Not ever had that personally.........

Cough..

Screenshot_20240201-223951.png

2 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Isnt it strange that with all these members I know fully well who you are talking about 🤣

We all know who he was talking about. In his defence I've met him and he seems okay when not on his keyboard. Would I go for a pint with him? Yes, but we wouldn't talk about anything blue or called Parry.

• Greenie 1

10 hours ago, Midnight said:

We all know who he was talking about. In his defence I've met him and he seems okay when not on his keyboard. Would I go for a pint with him? Yes, but we wouldn't talk about anything blue or called Parry.

A fair point. Many of us are guilty at times of not being ourselves whilst on the keyboard.

• Greenie 2

50 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

A fair point. Many of us are guilty at times of not being ourselves whilst on the keyboard.

Up to a point I would agree. But when somebody is so consistently obnoxious, pedantic, and thinks they know pretty much everything about everything I would suggest that is at least indicative of what they are like in real life.

Not somebody who I would like to share a pint with. And that's saying something, hell I've even shared a pint with you...... 😉

16 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Even the women on the supermarket checkout knows now I've told her when she said how's your day. 🛒😁

• Happy 1

Always worth being aware of the ultracrepidarians. The internet has changed the game. 

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/ultracrepidarian

."In Book 35 of his Natural History, Pliny the Elder records that a shoemaker noted that one figure had the wrong number of straps on his crepida, a kind of elaborate sandal. Delighted to see it fixed the next day, he supposedly began to critique the form of the leg, so annoying Apelles that the painter came out to tell him to mind his own business: that a shoemaker should restrict his commentary to the shoes. This became a Latin proverb as ne suprā crepidam sūtor iūdicāret (Let not the cobbler pass judgment beyond the shoes)."

Ultracrepidarianism is more common than one might at first assume. 

The Appelles geyser sounds quite shrewd. He would hide behind his paintings and listen to the criticisms. 

No flies on that one. 

19 hours ago, DandV said:

Watneys Red Barrel was certainly a warning pint.

It was the on tap beer on the ship that bought me to the UK in 1974.

Very disconcerting, if that was to be the fare from these legendary British pubs that we were intent on patronising. 

After that first pint stayed we cans of Australian lager for the rest of the voyage. 4X, VB and Fosters, such was our desperation. 

It took finding Camra, and some time, and even more practice, to discover the pleasures of a good well looked after and drawn British crafted pint. 

I used work overlooking a Watneys pub. The Red Barrel was literally delivered by tanker. Says it all. 

1 hour ago, Victor Vectis said:

Just out of interest, what was your favourite beer?

We travelled around quite a lot, so it was a self set task to sample the local ales.

London it was Younger's, or was it Youngs?

Before we left for the UK then,  Bass, and Tennants Lager were being brewed here under licence. 

Bass I found underwhelming in both NZ and Britain. 

The NZ Tennants I found fairly innocuous, but found the the Scottish brewed product surprising potent! 

Perhaps it was all in  the Loch water after all?

When we were back regularily a decade ago cruising on the narrowboat there was such a range of locally craft beers, some which I found very good and others weren't to my taste. Unfortunately the ones I really liked I never found again.

And when it was really hot,  I did revert to chemical lagers. Even Heineken.