Bethnal Green

mark99

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, magnetman said:

Trying to be St Pancras? 

Isn't that a former @mrsmelly Boat. 

Indeed it is, I sold that to another forum member quite a few years ago now. It resides in that there hovel known as London. He has a pukka mooring there.

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Maybe its a bit like the "Boris bendy bus"

Bag yourself a bendy bargain: Boris Johnson sells off hated buses for £ ...

the Boris bus is the Routemaster replacement, Boris had nothing to do with their intriduction of the Bendy bus to London , in fact he got rid of them

• Greenie 2

1 minute ago, Tim Lewis said:

the Boris bus is the Routemaster replacement, Boris had nothing to do with their intriduction of the Bendy bus to London , in fact he got rid of them

It must be a "London thing" - they are all 'round the bend' its all that smog and car pollution, causes brain damage, at least one guy is trying hard to improve the situation.

They joys of photo stitching, someone should have used a wider angled lens in the first place.

You can get a similar effect by having an object move whilst trying to use the Panoramic feature on a phone's camera.

2 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Indeed it is, I sold that to another forum member quite a few years ago now. It resides in that there hovel known as London. He has a pukka mooring there.

You didn't mention you bent it while you owned  it 

3 hours ago, Willonaboat said:

read the discussion on CWDF about the problematic lock at Napton and thought they'd try reversing though...

Met a boater yesterday who was winding in the Engine Arm to go down the flight backwards so as not to get stuck, it was rather an old boat. He was moored at the bottom of the flight this morning when we came down 

I think it was the new owner. 

I met him a number of yars ago pleasant gentleman and he said he bought the Boat from a Mrs Melly. 

At this stage it was a normal shape if these types of words can be used to describe Hudsons. 

Edited by magnetman

4 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

It must be a "London thing" - they are all 'round the bend' its all that smog and car pollution, causes brain damage, at least one guy is trying hard to improve the situation.

Although if you pay him £12.50 per day he'll happily let you cause brain damage. So much for his concern for the air that we breath, eh?

• Greenie 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Willonaboat said:

Although if you pay him £12.50 per day he'll happily let you cause brain damage. So much for his concern for the air that we breath, eh?

You've hit the nail on the head there.

A bit like C&RT and CCers, they say you must move every 14 days, but, if you pay us 'protection money' you can stay moored up in one place for up to 5 months and we won't take any enforcement action against you.

"No Pay - No Stay"

I wonder if the CRT will eventually work out that bendy Boats should be paying a higher licence fee. 

Edited by magnetman
edit to delete reason for existence

27 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

You've hit the nail on the head there.

A bit like C&RT and CCers, they say you must move every 14 days, but, if you pay us 'protection money' you can stay moored up in one place for up to 5 months and we won't take any enforcement action against you.

"No Pay - No Stay"

Are you referring to winter moorings or something of which I have no knowledge?

Don't tell them about the other one. 

'Winter moorings' on towpaths are just an interesting experiment in advance of a full scale rollout of towpath mooring fees everywhere. 

Interestingly they didn't last long in central London zones. Someone else has presumably already got their eye on that little earner. 

27 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

The bendy buses in Manchester run on rails. 

We call them "trams".

We have those in Sheffield as well plus tram trains. I had a bendy bus licence gained because I had a HGV class 1 licence so when I passed my PCV it was automatically made a bendy bus licence.