Energy Bills Support Scheme Alternative Funding

Featured Posts

That looks more promising 👍

why it couldn’t have been done earlier 🤷‍♀️

Another email from CRT explaining things. 
no need to do the poxy survey or owt like that to secure the cash

Just check your details held by CRT are correct and you’ll be sent a voucher (I’ll believe it when I see it)

you might (not sure, gov website mentions it) have to prove the use of alternative fuels, might be wise to keep some diesel, coal and whatever receipts for evidence. 

Edited by Goliath

51 minutes ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

So will everyone living full time under the radar on a leisure mooring be able to claim? Will it cause problems for the Marina operator when it states on his lease “No residential or Houseboats” it could cause problems for these residential on leisure mooring, so will it be worth claiming if it could lead to them loosing their mooring?

Sounds like such people will only be eligible if they had declared themselves  to be continuous cruisers and held a C&RT license between certain dates ..

Edited by MartynG

3 minutes ago, MartynG said:

Sounds like such people will only be eligible if they had declared themselves  to be continuous cruisers and held a C&RT license between certain dates ..

Yes,

so LadyG will be very lucky if she’s only just declared cc status. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Goliath said:

Yes,

Not that lucky - she won't get the £600 as she hadn't declared cc/ no home mooring during the relevant dates, but she's just in time for the expected CC licence fee increases!

• Horror 1

On 16/08/2023 at 09:18, frangar said:

How this going to apply to people like me that have a “high use” mooring I wonder?? The boat is my main residence but I’m not a CC. I wonder if anyone has thought about this? There’s plenty like me at this mooring alone. 

Yes, they've thought about this.

You will not be eligible for this voucher if you have a permanent home mooring and did not apply before the scheme available to you closed.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/energy-bill-support-if-you-do-not-get-it-automatically-continuous-cruisers

6 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Yes, they've thought about this.

You will not be eligible for this voucher if you have a permanent home mooring and did not apply before the scheme available to you closed.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/energy-bill-support-if-you-do-not-get-it-automatically-continuous-cruisers

But we weren’t eligible before if you had a mooring that wasn’t a residential mooring…..so basically we still don’t qualify….believe me we and many others tried but was told we weren’t eligible. 

1 minute ago, frangar said:

But we weren’t eligible before if you had a mooring that wasn’t a residential mooring…..so basically we still don’t qualify….believe me we and many others tried but was told we weren’t eligible. 

People who have a leisure mooring have to be excluded.

Otherwise everyone with a boat on a leisure mooring with a boat that has a C&RT  license would be eligible for the the payments regardless of whether they live on board full time or part time.

40 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Yes,

Missed that opportunity. 

6 minutes ago, MartynG said:

Otherwise everyone with a boat on a leisure mooring with a boat that has a C&RT  license would be eligible for the the payments regardless of whether they live on board full time or part time.

So if you have a boat that you just dump on the towpath as well as house you now qualify for a payment for your boat as well as the one you had for a house......thats not exactly fair either....

6 minutes ago, frangar said:

So if you have a boat that you just dump on the towpath as well as house you now qualify for a payment for your boat as well as the one you had for a house......thats not exactly fair either....

I suspect not. Is the scheme not 'per household'? 

I got the payout at my hovel via the leccy account so that's my household paid out. Whatever mooring or CC status my boats have becomes irrelevant. Unless you reckon each of my boats ought to qualify as a separate household! 

4 minutes ago, frangar said:

nope it’s not fair,

but the gov website does say:

“It will be for continuous cruisers who:

• have not received last winter’s support either automatically or by applying
  • live on a boat as continuous cruisers
  • held a Canal & River Trust long-term boat licence for continuous cruising for a minimum of one day between 27 February 2023 and 31 May 2023”

It is intended for those who live aboard, not the dumpers,

how it’s known or proved I don’t know,

but I guess we can have 20 pages of speculation

35 minutes ago, frangar said:

......thats not exactly fair either....

Who said fairness had anything to do with it?

There are often exceptions and your circumstances  seem to be an exception. 

1 hour ago, MartynG said:

Missed that opportunity. 

I'll sit on my hands, but if necessary I will appeal as there is no evidence that I have ever paid for a leisure mooring.

They have a record of my continuous cruising, so it's just a technicality, I can't be expected to keep up with the ongoing rule changes. 

I'll just say I found the whole licencing system too complex.

Has there always been a cc licence. I was absolutely sure that there was no such thing.

2 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I'll sit on my hands, but if necessary I will appeal as there is no evidence that I have ever paid for a leisure mooring.

They have a record of my continuous cruising, so it's just a technicality, I can't be expected to keep up with the ongoing rule changes. 

Has there always been a cc licence. I was absolutely sure that there was no such thing.

I don't think there is a CC licence, only that on your license you declare a home mooring or not.

21 minutes ago, LadyG said:

But I thought you were an intelligent woman, University educated? I don't think it’s that hard to change your mooring status from a home mooring to non home mooring CCer through CaRT. I imagine It took you only a few minutes to change it when you knew CCers were eligible for the support money, but you found it too difficult to change it before the refund for CCers was anounced.😂

Edited by BoatinglifeupNorth

34 minutes ago, HenryFreeman said:

I don't think there is a CC licence, only that on your license you declare a home mooring or not.

That was my understanding, but there is a tick box, continuous cruiser ,  not "no home mooring".

Maybe I was just as confused about that when I renewed my licence as I am now.

I've emailed them. They have evidence that I have been a cc, and have never been on a home mooring.

Edited by LadyG

36 minutes ago, LadyG said:
1 hour ago, MartynG said:

Of course there is. There is your licence application where you claimed a home mooring on the form. This will be produced and shown to you when you appeal. 

Saying its wrong because you don't have a home mooring, 'forgot' to change it and submitted a fraudulent application is going to sound ridiculously weak!

I think when we get a reminder that our licence is due we have to say whether the information C&RT hold is correct or not. Part of what they hold is the name of your home mooring ,( if you have one ) and it is up to us to correct the info if it is wrong. I think we are also expected to change the C&RT info if it changes during the year- for example mooring, insurance etc. 

7 minutes ago, MtB said:

Of course there is. There is your licence application where you claimed a home mooring on the form. This will be produced and shown to you when you appeal. 

Saying its wrong because you don't have a home mooring, 'forgot' to change it and submitted a fraudulent application is going to sound ridiculously weak!

Yes, but all I need do is to ask the mooring provider to confirm that I have never had a mooring contract with him. I do realise it sounds weak, but I really don't know how it ended up.

Fraudulent it is not.

I am aware of the rules, I just never bothered updating for some reason.

I don't need rapped on the knuckles, thank you.

Edited by LadyG