Energy Bills Support Scheme Alternative Funding

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

Is it mandatory to wait out the fourteen days, then do I declare an overstay due to the rudder falling off again, or should I find another reason?

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Not again please, just happens to fall off in the same place you enjoyed staying a couple of winters ago, the rudder saga continues. Continuous Cruiser? you sound more like a Continuous Moorer and one of the problems that’s blighting the canals. Don't tell me you have to wait for your possible back dated payment of 2x Β£400 at the end if the month to get it fixed and if you can find someone that you've vetted and trust to work on your boat.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Edited by BoatinglifeupNorth

9 minutes ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Not again please, just happens to fall off in the same place you enjoyed staying a couple of winters ago, Β  the rudder saga continues. Continuous Cruiser? you sound more like a Continuous Moorer and one of the problems that’s blighting the canals. Don't tell me you have to wait for your possible back dated payment of 2x Β£400 at the end if the month to get it fixed, if you can find someone that you've vetted and trust to work on your boat.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I resemble that allegation, I moved yesterday!

I'm moored, on my own,Β  on a two day VM with capacity for about six boats. I think two boats have gone past today. THIS is boating in The North

Β 

Β 

52 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I resemble that allegation, I moved yesterday!

I'm moored, on my own,Β  on a two day VM with capacity for about six boats. I think two boats have gone past today. THIS is boating in The North

Β 

Β 

Thought you rudder has fallen off, or has it yet to fall off or will it fall off when you get to the more convenient mooringπŸ˜‚Β Remind me where you got it repaired, as I’ll know where not to go for welding repairsπŸ˜‚πŸ‘

22 hours ago, enigmatic said:

It also follows the good practice of Nigerian Princesses by having no personalization (it addresses you as "Hello,")

Β 

Β 

Β 

I filled in the survey anyway. If I'm not going to get any support allowance, I might as well aim to get paid to complain about it for 80 mins :DΒ 

Β 

Funnily enough, the survey includes this question

image.thumb.png.f10c5609d8186a3ff46030c39cab383f.png

I’ve binned it off

Fed up filling in Surveys for someone else’s profit.Β 
Β 

Β 

2 hours ago, LadyG said:

Is it mandatory to wait out the fourteen days, then do I declare an overstay due to the rudder falling off again, or should I find another reason?

no you must find another reason,Β 

you’ve a cat now,

that should provide endless excuses,

sorry reasons, for over staying,

Β 

waiting for cat to come home?

vets?

poorly paws?

πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
tell CRT you have furballs?

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

17 minutes ago, Goliath said:

I’ve binned it off

Β 

Β 

AskΒ @LadyGΒ she may be able to help claiming the money, now she’s officially a CCer, I imagine her cheques in the post as I type for her back dated Β£200 + Β£200, a few beers for you, while hers will fix her rudder again and again 🍻🍻

• Greenie 1

22 minutes ago, Goliath said:

I’ve binned it off

Β 

Β 

no you must find another reason,Β 

you’ve a cat now,

that should provide endless excuses,

sorry reasons, for over staying,

Β 

waiting for cat to come home?

vets?

poorly paws?

πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
tell CRT you have furballs?

Β 

He jumped out the stern hatch yesterday,Β  straight out on to the lock landing, fortunately lock was full. He's already broken out through the cat flap, which is now modified. Β Far too brave for his own good.
Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

2 hours ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

Are you sure CaRT check what boats have permanent moorings in a Marina? Say a marina being leased off CaRT with a 25 year lease, where the lease holder pays a monthly rent to CaRT, do they actually make the Marina operator give a monthly inventory of paying Moorers and boats by name/registered number?Β 
Β Or just because I say I’m moored in a particular Marina when my licence is due, they take my word for it being my home mooring?

Β I moved my boat from my declared home mooring Marina 2 years ago to a neighbouring marina with a different address and owner, but it still says the boats in the original Marina on my details held with Cart and they have never questioned it, even though it’s licensed checked every week.

No idea, I've never had one, but their licence checkers certainly visit marinas, so they should know where boats are. And under the T&Cs, I believe you are mandated to inform CRT if you move home mooring, so it's your responsibility that their records are wrong, not CRTs! Their wrong information may cause you problems in future, so I'd correct it , personally, as they may decide that as (as far as they know) you're away from your registered home mooring, and you haven't moved much, you might be in breach of the moving conditions . You know what a bureaucracy is like.

32 minutes ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

AskΒ @LadyGΒ she may be able to help claiming the money, now she’s officially a CCer, I imagine her cheques in the post as I type for her back dated Β£200 + Β£200, a few beers for you, while hers will fix her rudder again and again 🍻🍻

more beer for me !

ace ace ace ace πŸ‘Β 

Β 

how much is a pint up North?

has it hit Β£3 yet?

Β 

18 minutes ago, Goliath said:

more beer for me !

ace ace ace ace πŸ‘Β 

Β 

has it hit Β£3 yet?

Β 

πŸ˜‚β€I’m a Cider drinker” I would say average for cider about Β£4:00 a pint. Couldn’t do real ale, as tickers spent too much time deciding what they want when they go to a new pub, by the time they've decided what hoppy, Porta, IPA they want, I’ve had two pints and a bag of Pork Scratchings πŸ˜‚πŸ»

• Happy 1

3 hours ago, Goliath said:

more beer for me !

ace ace ace ace πŸ‘Β 

Β 

has it hit Β£3 yet?

Β 

You obviously havn't been up to England proper for a while!

White Rat bitter in the Rat and Ratchet Β£3-80 a pint.

• Horror 1

21 hours ago, frangar said:

How this going to apply to people like me that have a β€œhigh use” mooring I wonder?? The boat is my main residence but I’m not a CC. I wonder if anyone has thought about this? There’s plenty like me at this mooring alone.Β 

This thought occurred to me also.Β 

Similarly a continuous cruiser does not necessarily use the boat as their main residence.

Β 

Β 

• Greenie 1

22 hours ago, frangar said:

How this going to apply to people like me that have a β€œhigh use” mooring I wonder?? The boat is my main residence but I’m not a CC. I wonder if anyone has thought about this? There’s plenty like me at this mooring alone.Β 

Β 

My understanding was that anyone on a residential mooring was already eligible.

Β 

If someone is living 'under cover' on a leisure mooring then I think they are unable to claim - It would potentially open up the doors for 30,000 claims from C&RT boats alone.

We spend more time away from our 'bricks and mortar' than we do in it, so where is our 'main residence'?

8 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Β 

My understanding was that anyone on a residential mooring was already eligible.

Β 

If someone is living 'under cover' on a leisure mooring then I think they are unable to claim - It would potentially open up the doors for 30,000 claims from C&RT boats alone.

We spend more time away from our 'bricks and mortar' than we do in it, so where is our 'main residence'?

So I’m a CCer that happens to have had a mooring for the winter…..

1 minute ago, frangar said:

So I’m a CCer that happens to have had a mooring for the winter…..

Β 

Then why not make a claim and explain that, there are many others who do the same, but, was your licence declaration as a 'boat with no home mooring', or, a boat 'with a home mooring' ?

Β 

That may affect the outcome.

2 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Β 

Then why not make a claim and explain that, there are many others who do the same, but, was your licence declaration as a 'boat with no home mooring', or, a boat 'with a home mooring' ?

Β 

That may affect the outcome.

We tried the first time. It wasn’t allowed because no residential address apart from a c/o one. Yes we will be trying again if it opens up. I have a home mooring as do many others who live aboard….we also cruise as much as possible.Β 

4 minutes ago, Lady C said:

These payments are intended for 'households' that have not already received some money.Β  So it depends if you have 'bricks and mortar' where you pay fuel bills.Β Β 

The original announcement, stated ALL households, the problem came when "they" as in the politicians who make up these rules and live in houses, were informed that there are many people who are not like them, most certainly don't have second homes, and who do not have an account with an electricity supplier.

All householders have to pay for fuel, and electricity even if in an unconventional way. In political speak they need to be "included" .

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

The original announcement, stated ALL households, the problem came when "they" as in the politicians who make up these rules and live in houses, were informed that there are many people who are not like them, most certainly don't have second homes, and who do not have an account with an electricity supplier.

All householders have to pay for fuel, and electricity even if in an unconventional way. In political speak they need to be "included" .

So will everyone living full time under the radar on a leisure mooring be able to claim? Will it cause problems for the Marina operator when it states on his lease β€œNo residential or Houseboats” it could cause problems for these residential on leisure mooring, so will it be worth claiming if it could lead to them loosing their mooring?

2 minutes ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

So will everyone living full time under the radar on a leisure mooring be able to claim? Will it cause problems for the Marina operator when it states on his lease β€œNo residential or Houseboats” it could cause problems for these residential on leisure mooring, so will it be worth claiming if it could lead to them loosing their mooring?

Β 

Quite.Β 

Β 

Sometimes living 'under the radar' isn't all upside. There can be drawbacks too as this illustrates.Β 

Β 

Coming out from under that radar by claiming the grant risks getting thrown off the mooring for breaching the T&Cs.

Β 

Β 

14 minutes ago, MtB said:

Β 

Quite.Β 

Β 

Sometimes living 'under the radar' isn't all upside. There can be drawbacks too as this illustrates.Β 

Β 

Coming out from under that radar by claiming the grant risks getting thrown off the mooring for breaching the T&Cs.

Β 

Β 

Seems from what I’ve heard that I’d now be better off cluttering up the towpath than doing the right thing and finding a mooring. Ridiculous!Β 

Energy Bills Support Scheme Alternative Funding

Β 

Hello,

Β 

The Department for Energy Security and Net Zero will be providing a Β£600 energy bills support payment to boat dwellers who were unable to receive payment through the Energy Bills Support Scheme Alternative Funding (EBSS AF) and the Alternative Fuel Payment Alternative Fund (AFP AF). Eligible households will need to have held a continuous cruising licence (6 or 12 month) with the Canal and River Trust (the Trust) while the EBSS AF scheme was open.Β 

Β 

This support will be provided in the form of a one off Β£600 voucher which will be sent out by the Department for Energy Security and Net Zero to eligible continuous cruisers in the coming weeks (further detail will be provided shortly).

Β 

The Β£600 combines the Β£400 EBSS AF and the Β£200 AFP AF support, with no need to supply receipts for alternative fuel use.

Β 

To be eligible, each household will need to have held a Trust licence as a continuous cruiser for a minimum of one day between 27 February 2023 (when the EBSS AF launched) and 31 May 2023 (when the EBSS AF closed).

Β 

Β 

(Extract from an email I have just received.)