Energy Bills Support Scheme Alternative Funding

Featured Posts

21 hours ago, HenryFreeman said:

Well, I've just got my voucher. See you at the pub!

(I'm using the pub central heating as an alternative energy source)

Got mine yesterday too. I carefully followed the instructions to pay it into my online bank account and just at the point when the transaction would have completed I got an error message telling me to contact Department of Energy Security and Net Zero. This I duly did and am now waiting for what happens next.

Not impressed.

1 minute ago, Steilsteven said:

Got mine yesterday too. I carefully followed the instructions to pay it into my online bank account and just at the point when the transaction would have completed I got an error message telling me to contact Department of Energy Security and Net Zero. This I duly did and am now waiting for what happens next.

Not impressed.

Oh, bizarre. Worked straight away for me into my TSB account. I'm sure it'll get sorted.

Mine’s in the bank👍

Now need to find some solar panels to spend it on. 

2 hours ago, Steilsteven said:

Yes I expect so but excitement followed by frustration within a few minutes is a scenario that I thought was well in the past for me!😉

did you try going through the process again just to make sure it wasn’t some sort of glitch?

It will be funny if the CRT get the data on who has confirmed they live on a boat on a continuous cruising licence (something which only exists on a .gov website) and decide to put the price up by £600. 

At the end of the day a residential itinerant cc er is going to cost the CRT more to deal with for a number of different reasons. 

The old RSW thing. 

Rubbish.

Sewage. 

Water. 

Add to this the increased costs associated with dealing with unlicensed boats if they are used residentially and you do get a recipe for increased costs for a targeted group who have willingly identified themselves. 

I don't know maybe one can get the allowance for boats which are not used residentially. 

I have two boats. The inner city boat which has been awarded the payment as it is on a residential mooring and the off grid country estate boat which has not been awarded the payment as I have not claimed it due to being in the rather well timbered pleasure gardens. 

Am I supposed to claim for both of these ? 

Edited by magnetman
accuracy

6 hours ago, Steilsteven said:

Not impressed.

Apparently some people have had to have three goes at paying it in. Presumably the website is so busy it crashes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/08/2023 at 12:58, LadyG said:

I'll sit on my hands, but if necessary I will appeal as there is no evidence that I have ever paid for a leisure mooring.

They have a record of my continuous cruising, so it's just a technicality, I can't be expected to keep up with the ongoing rule changes. 

I'll just say I found the whole licencing system too complex.

Has there always been a cc licence. I was absolutely sure that there was no such thing.

This came up on Facebook 

image.png.6722abab103b01e80d58d8259ab84b94.png

image.png.3079b30c5b32af79132c3497fadd0823.png

28 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

There is a very strict date criteria to get the grant - if you had a mooring on that day then you don't get the grant.

if one had a short term winter mooring and were quite happy to not question CRT for thinking you still had one when the spring came, because it seemed beneficial to let them think you still had one, and were willing to leave  the argument til later on…then… bad luck. 

Edited by Goliath

• 3 weeks later...

Our boat has a Continuous Cruiser licence, so we continually cruise, but we're not liveaboards.  We're a consortium who share the boat.

We received the invitation from the CRT to redeem a voucher for the Energy Support Scheme.  We're not going to redeem this as it's for liveaboards only so is not for us (although the email doesn't say this).  In my mind it would be fraudulent to claim the money.   How many CC boats are there that are not liveaboards I wonder, and how many of these are redeeming the vouchers?

4 hours ago, bpboat said:

Our boat has a Continuous Cruiser licence, so we continually cruise, but we're not liveaboards.  We're a consortium who share the boat.

We received the invitation from the CRT to redeem a voucher for the Energy Support Scheme.  We're not going to redeem this as it's for liveaboards only so is not for us (although the email doesn't say this).  In my mind it would be fraudulent to claim the money.   How many CC boats are there that are not liveaboards I wonder, and how many of these are redeeming the vouchers?

In the scheme of government payouts, a very, very tiny number, probably a lot less than the second home owners who got double payments. It's cheaper to lose a bit here and there than pay for all the checking up.

It's fairly well known that my view is that only those who live aboard can justifiably claim to be CCers, but I can't say it bothers me much that a few of those who I already consider are ripping off the system rip off a bit more. If it's legal, it's ok. Apparently, that's all that matter to most people. Which, of course, is fine.

On 11/10/2023 at 21:58, Arthur Marshall said:

In the scheme of government payouts, a very, very tiny number, probably a lot less than the second home owners who got double payments. It's cheaper to lose a bit here and there than pay for all the checking up.

It's fairly well known that my view is that only those who live aboard can justifiably claim to be CCers, but I can't say it bothers me much that a few of those who I already consider are ripping off the system rip off a bit more. If it's legal, it's ok. Apparently, that's all that matter to most people. Which, of course, is fine.

You say "only those who live aboard can justifiably claim to be CCers", presumably you mean for the purposes of this Energy Support Grant?   Lots of boats will be CCers but not live aboard so can't justifiably claim this grant.