Boater dumps toilet cassette on narrowboat

Steve Manc

Featured Posts

Just now, Machpoint005 said:

Such as the undeserving rich.

They're not going into the NHS or education. 

Careful, our 'wannabe but failed moderator' wiill call that out as 'creating conflict'.

I have to say I was disturbed to read this topic but am now also rather intrigued. Can I ask the OP where they heard the information from? A few things are odd...how did the "monkey dance" man manage a bike, a full cassette and several bottles of urine? Also, if he moors in the location described why did he walk/cycle a full cassette past the sanitary station and walk it up to bridge 96? I have asked locally and no one locally has heard of the incident, including CRT staff. Also, there is no evidence of loo paper in the pound referred to. Perhaps someone was trying to put the OP off mooring in Stone by telling them this odd tale? All very strange. May I ask if the OP heard the tale directly from the poor abused boaters? Certainly the local rag has picked up the story, but poor jounalism means they just saw it on here and repeated verbatim, didn't do any further investigation.

2 hours ago, knobsticks said:

I have to say I was disturbed to read this topic but am now also rather intrigued. Can I ask the OP where they heard the information from? A few things are odd...how did the "monkey dance" man manage a bike, a full cassette and several bottles of urine? Also, if he moors in the location described why did he walk/cycle a full cassette past the sanitary station and walk it up to bridge 96? I have asked locally and no one locally has heard of the incident, including CRT staff. Also, there is no evidence of loo paper in the pound referred to. Perhaps someone was trying to put the OP off mooring in Stone by telling them this odd tale? All very strange. May I ask if the OP heard the tale directly from the poor abused boaters? Certainly the local rag has picked up the story, but poor jounalism means they just saw it on here and repeated verbatim, didn't do any further investigation.

I was sat on the back of our narrowboat on Tixall Wide. A narrowboat moored in front of us. They had travelled from Stone through Great Heywood and we're heading back to their home mooring. They got off their narrowboat walked to our narrowboat to tell us to be careful if we were going through Stone.  We asked why? They then proceeded to tell us what had happened to them. The couple were passed retirement age therefore not a childish prank. She was traumatized  and felt she should warn people who were on a boat heading for Stone.

I cannot give you anymore information. They are not internet savvy this is why I posted the information.  I am aware of the location of their mooring and I have passed on the link to this post to them. 

Can I ask:

have you spoken to the people who are full time moorers facing the old brewery?

The couple said the full time moorers were very helpful. Helped them clean the shit of their boat. Insisted they stayed the night on a mooring that was vacant. 

One of the full time moorers walked up the towpath towards where it happened to see if he could see the person who dropped the shit on them.

They were informed by the full time moorers that the person who moored at their location. Who fitted the discription was moored near where the shit was dropped.

Hope this helps your enquiry 

1 hour ago, Steve Manc said:

I was sat on the back of our narrowboat on Tixall Wide. A narrowboat moored in front of us. They had travelled from Stone through Great Heywood and we're heading back to their home mooring. They got off their narrowboat walked to our narrowboat to tell us to be careful if we were going through Stone.  We asked why? They then proceeded to tell us what had happened to them. The couple were passed retirement age therefore not a childish prank. She was traumatized  and felt she should warn people who were on a boat heading for Stone.

I cannot give you anymore information. They are not internet savvy this is why I posted the information.  I am aware of the location of their mooring and I have passed on the link to this post to them. 

Can I ask:

have you spoken to the people who are full time moorers facing the old brewery?

The couple said the full time moorers were very helpful. Helped them clean the shit of their boat. Insisted they stayed the night on a mooring that was vacant. 

One of the full time moorers walked up the towpath towards where it happened to see if he could see the person who dropped the shit on them.

They were informed by the full time moorers that the person who moored at their location. Who fitted the discription was moored near where the shit was dropped.

Hope this helps your enquiry

Hi, thanks very much for the explanation. It does sound plausible. I did speak to one of the people who moors opposite Joules Crown Wharf pub and he knew nothing about it. The plot thickens! I will ask a few more people to see if I can get an update. 

Where we moor our narrowboat there are around 25 narrowboats. Two are live boards the rest like us just storage. I speak to the owners of two live aboards and one storage. When we are at the mooring it's very quiet and not every boat is occupied at the time. If you spoke with someone who wasn't there on the day and doesn't speak to the other boaters would they be aware of what took place?   

46 minutes ago, Steve Manc said:

Where we moor our narrowboat there are around 25 narrowboats. Two are live boards the rest like us just storage. I speak to the owners of two live aboards and one storage. When we are at the mooring it's very quiet and not every boat is occupied at the time. If you spoke with someone who wasn't there on the day and doesn't speak to the other boaters would they be aware of what took place?   

Fair point but Stone's got quite a tight knit boating community and person I spoke to would have heard about it at some point.

33 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

To dance like a monkey one needs to be falling down drunk in the middle of the crowd during the last song in a dirty nasty punk club, never on a towpath

This is how i once turned up first morning of a new job with a massive shiner :D 

• Greenie 1

I am a member of the local neighborhood crime watch group on Facebook.

Example only not true

Someone posts I was robbed last night. I live in a small cul-de-sac. When I got up someone had got into my house through a window. They stole the keys to my car and drove off in it. 

Next morning they post it on their local crime watch group on Facebook.

A person who lives in that cul-de-sac who everyone knows and believes what they say is on the group. He says ' I didn't see or hear anything ( even though he was in bed )  I think the person who was robbed is not telling the truth.

Now who do people believe? The person who was robbed in the middle of the night or the local character who everyone believes 🤔 

Back to the coward dumping shit on the old couple. I believe he targeted them because they wouldn't be able to get off their boat quick enough to tackle him.

Personally I believe them. I am glad they told me and going forwards I will be aware going through Stone.

I hope this post makes other people aware going through Stone and it doesn't happen to them. 

Hopefully this coward, mentally ill or not, will be caught. 

16 minutes ago, Steve Manc said:

They called a family member who is in the police force. Not in Stone or surrounding area. Having discussed it with them the couple decided not to involve the Police. 

Which is strange.

It suggests that there is more to this than is being revealed.

I dont see any indication this is a boater ...guilt by association?............not to say I dont know crazy people living on boats...........one of my friends is having difficulties with a deranged dweller on a derelict boat on her creekfront property.

1 hour ago, M_JG said:

Which is strange.

It suggests that there is more to this than is being revealed.

I give up

Can the administration please close this thread / post

I will not be making any further contribution to this post. I have tried to make people aware of what took place.

I for one will be aware of Stone the next time we pass through.

Good luck to everyone who has read this post and contributed.

Tomorrow I will try and delete the post if possible. 

1 minute ago, Steve Manc said:

I give up

Can the administration please close this thread / post

I will not be making any further contribution to this post. I have tried to make people aware of what took place.

I for one will be aware of Stone the next time we pass through.

Good luck to everyone who has read this post and contributed.

Tomorrow I will try and delete the post if possible. 

Posts on here don't get deleted if they don't break the rules and only Mods can delete them. Its a forum for discussion and members discuss things as they feel fit within the rules of the forum

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Hudds Lad said:

Classic news website, reporting a forum post as news! Hopefully some good to come from it though, as they've contacted the authorities for comment one hopes it will be investigated. 

Even if the couple concerned decided not to report to the police for their own reasons, it's important that it's reported properly for the sake of everyone else that might be affected in future. For want of a less extreme word, it's arguably selfish not to report this sort of incident to the police.

• Greenie 2

On 28/06/2023 at 12:43, knobsticks said:

I have to say I was disturbed to read this topic but am now also rather intrigued. Can I ask the OP where they heard the information from? A few things are odd...how did the "monkey dance" man manage a bike, a full cassette and several bottles of urine? Also, if he moors in the location described why did he walk/cycle a full cassette past the sanitary station and walk it up to bridge 96?

Setting aside the skepticism expressed in the thread, it looks to me as though the whole event must have been planned in advance. Given a full cassette and bottles of urine can't be simultaneously carried on a bike, they must have been transported to the bridge in advance of the event in preparation. The bike was probably brought as a means of fast getaway after performing the dastardly deed.

Therefore, I think the couple whose boat was defiled were just unlucky, being the first boat to come along once monkey-dancing-man was all set up and ready to tip.