Duck poo

Northener

Featured Posts

Get it off as soon you can, when I lived by the Thames my car was polished with that stuff they used advertise by setting fire to it on a car bonnet, but the duck muck took that off and all the layers of paint down to the bare steel.

So if you need to strip the paint from a boat cover it in duck muck.

Spit works well, apparently the enzymes in it help dissolve it. Discovered that one after learning that's how the national trust clean their paintings/furniture if they get a bird trapped in a house. Works a treat on car paintwork too.

• Greenie 1

35 minutes ago, gatekrash said:

Spit works well, apparently the enzymes in it help dissolve it. Discovered that one after learning that's how the national trust clean their paintings/furniture if they get a bird trapped in a house. Works a treat on car paintwork too.

If you watch The Repair Shop on TV they often use spit for cleaning, When I was a kid I was always being attacked by my mum with a hanky with spit on it to clean me up.

• Greenie 2

50 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

If you watch The Repair Shop on TV they often use spit for cleaning, When I was a kid I was always being attacked by my mum with a hanky with spit on it to clean me up.

That was standard practise for Mums

• Happy 1

I have a mix of ordinary car wash n wax in a spray bottle, softens the sh!t and is easy enough even when dried. If the roof has a non slip surface then using a smal soft brush can help. Don't use washing up liquid, it will work but can also strip any protective wax or coating away. Also sodium bicarb should work too.

18 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Yes I was traumatized by my Mum doing that to me as well. 

4 hours ago, PCSB said:

I have a mix of ordinary car wash n wax in a spray bottle, softens the sh!t and is easy enough even when dried. If the roof has a non slip surface then using a smal soft brush can help. Don't use washing up liquid, it will work but can also strip any protective wax or coating away. Also sodium bicarb should work too.

Sounds a good suggestion, will give it a try. Thanks. 

On 07/05/2023 at 12:27, buccaneer66 said:

So if you need to strip the paint from a boat cover it in duck muck.

If you should be thinking of  trying this, there is plenty of duck poo outside Tesco in Leighton Buzzard, cos the kiddies feed them there.

10 minutes ago, MPR said:

OK but how about heron crap which I find even worse

Or swan poo.  Gert big dollops of the blasted stuff.

N

On 08/05/2023 at 10:48, PCSB said:

Just tried this. Excellent result. Sprayed on, left for 10 minutes then wiped off. 

• Greenie 1

On 07/05/2023 at 19:50, ditchcrawler said:

You've just given me a flashback to being sat in church with me mum and being tutted at and rubbed by said hanky :( 

• Sad 1