Mooring Problems

exmember290323

Featured Posts

That is the whole point, every viewer has a different experience, you are drawn in to engage with the art, not told what to think. A camera would do that. Her sketchiness is her art, her boat an installation. You engage with it, it has an emotional effect.

23 hours ago, Jim Riley said:

Hmmm, so the OP paid for a couple of years, presumably happily, is now a CCer and wants all her rent back? I wonder what the reason for the change of circumstances is, a falling out with the "landlord", a quest for revenge? 

The landlord stated they paid the L3 this turned out to be a lie.

1 minute ago, Loddon said:

4749782.jpg

I don't care if someone disagrees with me what I do care about is the rude and insulted way it has been done along with completely false assumptions about my actions, interestingly they don't do it on the facebook page as much because they know their windows are made from glass.

Was this a towpath mooring that someone was claiming they had leased from the CRT? If so I am surprised it took so long for the CRT to find out. Maybe related to the covids? 

facebook is known to be zombie land. Everyone knows this.

14 minutes ago, magnetman said:

I don't think there arrr all that many posters on here who live on long term non residential moorings.

Maybe a few but not many.

White privilege ? Of course! Why have it any other way?

Must confess I completely fail to understand that post, or what white privilege has got to do with it?

Be that as it may, I lived on what was almost certainly a technically non residential long term mooring for a while, back near the start of my boating. Generally speaking, you ask the bloke or blokess in charge of the mooring whether you can live on the boat  and they say yes or no. You certainly don't ask for references, confirmation from CRT etc. You're just glad to have somewhere to park your boat or live. If they tell you the CRT fees are included in your rent you tend to assume they are (because sometimes they are,  and sometimes, like mine, they aren't), same as you assume your employer or landlord pays their taxes. Sometimes they don't and you, quite innocently, cop the fallout, which is often joblessness or eviction. Landlords are generally distrusted for good reasons (though some, of course, are fine and upstanding citizens), mostly from personal experience.

It's very annoying, but the way the law is, there is no redress. There are good reasons for that, if by good you mean legal precedent rather than moral judgement. That would be a discussion for the political forum where angels, and I, fear to tread.

• Greenie 1

I see a post furher up was deleted presumably due to the use of the word sometimes acronymed to DH. 

It makes it look like I threw my toys out of the pram and creates a non sequitur. 

Edited by magnetman

43 minutes ago, magnetman said:

I see a post furher up was deleted presumably due to the use of the word sometimes acronymed to DH. 

It makes it look like I threw my toys out of the pram and creates a non sequitur. 

That does cause confusion. I was confused enough to start with.

9 minutes ago, magnetman said:

I'm thinking of throwing my toys out of the pram on the grounds of misrepresentation. 

Edited the post to absolve you.

I have some  far worse memes if you do chuck your toys ;)

• Horror 1

8 minutes ago, Mike Hurley said:

Maybe she got a letter from CRT starting, Dear Karen..................

It would be interesting to get the gen without having to wade in the facebook cess pool. 

Illegal subletting of canalside moorings probably does happen and one suspects it is not always the CRT doing it. 

• Greenie 1

3 hours ago, perfectlydressed said:

I don't care if someone disagrees with me what I do care about is the rude and insulted way it has been done along with completely false assumptions about my actions, interestingly they don't do it on the facebook page as much because they know their windows are made from glass.

Oh dear. Facebook, instantcrap, Twatter et al is for kiddies, its modern nonsense that matters not a jot lol. Some of my kids and grandkids are on facebook but non of the grown ups that I know are, and the great grandkids are too young at present.

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Oh dear. Facebook, instantcrap, Twatter et al is for kiddies, its modern nonsense that matters not a jot lol. Some of my kids and grandkids are on facebook but non of the grown ups that I know are, and the great grandkids are too young at present.

most kids wouldn’t be seen dead on Facebook, they use much more instant methods.

nearly all my friends are on Facebook with their average age I reckon to be well into the forties

3 minutes ago, Tim Lewis said:

most kids wouldn’t be seen dead on Facebook, they use much more instant methods.

nearly all my friends are on Facebook with their average age I reckon to be well into the forties

Yes agreed then, our kids, thats mine and wifes are in their forties and fifties, so just kiddies :) Twas my wifes burfday this weekend and some of the grandkids did mention that facebook was for old folk 🤣

4 hours ago, perfectlydressed said:

May we surmise you weren't getting any of the right answers on facebook which is why you turned up here? Also perhaps explains why you are on such a short fuse, as you've already had feedback along the same lines you had here?