Alterations to canal boat

peterselby

Featured Posts

On 30/11/2022 at 22:19, peterselby said:

I’d like two bedrooms with a bathroom in the middle of them a 57 -60 feet narrow boat and s cruder stern that is also dog friendly, my dogs are daft enough to jump in the Lock 

I see many canal boats for sale but none with this configuration . 

For all the crud that the dogs produce no doubt?

As suggested earlier in the topic, an ex-hire boat could fit the bill. I think that a number of them come on to the market each year as hire companies update their fleets.

Edited by Athy

9 minutes ago, peterselby said:

Thank you I am looking at ex hire boats now as you say the layout is what I’m looking for thank you hopefully I will find one that is in decent condition 

In theory at least, ex-hire boats should be in reasonable nick. For their (considerable) money, hirers expect a boat which is mechanically sould and in which everything works, so it's in fleet owners' interests to maintain them well.

41 minutes ago, Athy said:

In theory at least, ex-hire boats should be in reasonable nick. For their (considerable) money, hirers expect a boat which is mechanically sould and in which everything works, so it's in fleet owners' interests to maintain them well.

Black Prince are ace for this, and they will help with spares if required. Set up for easy maintenance.

34 minutes ago, MtB said:

This thread has now reached the point where posters are repeating advice already given on preceding pages, as the thread is now too long to bother reading all of it before posting. 

Around page six it will all go a bit meta when some one will say that the thread has now reached the point where posters are repeating advice already given on preceding pages as the thread is now too long to bother reading it all before posting. 😀

25 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Around page six it will all go a bit meta when some one will say that the thread has now reached the point where posters are repeating advice already given on preceding pages as the thread is now too long to bother reading it all before posting. 😀

Page 6?

Will be way off topic by then

• Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

Hook Norton Brewery for local deliveries.

Looking at their website they claim to be one of three still doing it , but don’t mention the other two. 
Assuming Devizes are still holding up the traffic on a Tuesday(?) we just need the third. 

22 minutes ago, Goliath said:

It seems so. 
We have our 3. 

googling Sam Smiths they have an odd reputation 

closing pubs for swearing, banning bikers and chucking out gays. 

I've heard the owner is set in old fashioned ways. Not sure if it still applies but a couple of years ago it was cash only and mobiles phone use was banned.