Arod00

Featured Posts

😃

11 minutes ago, Balloon said:

Part of me tempted to donate just for sheer audacity of the pp

I did havè a look. Come on, he only wants 30k. Tell you what, that's only about £1 per licence payer. If CRT will just pass on my pound.😀

Edited by Slim

1 minute ago, Arod00 said:

Was just told to put this here by a friend cos it was apparently the right place for it, didn’t mean for it to sound cheeky 

😂

it’s very cheeky

but it has made me think I’ll go on a motorcycle website and ask them to buy me a Kawasaki Ninja, only £10,000. My dear old mom has always wanted to ride on back of one. 

9 minutes ago, Goliath said:

but it has made me think I’ll go on a motorcycle website and ask them to buy me a Kawasaki Ninja, only £10,000. My dear old mom has always wanted to ride on back of one. 

I mean that’s what Go Fund Me is for so 

4 minutes ago, Arod00 said:

I mean that’s what Go Fund Me is for so 

Any spare cash I have is heading to Ukraine matey...not to a chancer who cannot afford a boat.

1 minute ago, Goliath said:

No that’s what jobs are for!

Thats why we go to work, to earn money to buy stuff. 

Do what everyone else does and save up.

Would be a different story if you’d had a disaster and needed some cash, or were raising money for a boat for the community. 

My Money goes into looking after my grandparents, as stated just want help towards it 

I could start a go fund me to get a symmetric Gigabit Fibre line to my house because I've always wanted one (even since I had a twin channel ISDN line).

Or a go fund me for a big new fancy car because I've always wanted one and my  19 year Volvo is getting a bit tired.

Would you contribute to either of those? and if not, why not.... neither is more unreasonable than yours.

Once you've got it will you start another go fund me for the running costs (licence, insurance, fuel, mooring fees etc)?

Edited by StephenA
  • Greenie 2

2 minutes ago, Arod00 said:

My Money goes into looking after my grandparents, as stated just want help towards it 

Ok, Arod00, sorry if I sound heartless but your statement;

A few words from Aaron

Hi I’m Aaron and for the longest time I’ve always wanted a canal boat, one I can both use and rebuild at the same time to create a little cozy house on the water (although it will end up looking like a garden shed)

any donations will be much much appreciated, thank you for reading and thank you for any donations you can give

Aaron

Just now, booke23 said:

This has got to be a wind up. Surely one of our more learned members has created a fake profile to have a bit of fun with us tonight!

Almost certainly.

59 minutes ago, Arod00 said:

Hi I was just wanting to post this here, I’d love to own a canal boat it’s been a dream for me for a while so any help would be real appreciated 

https://gofund.me/7ed8c60c

So, a boat to use on the canals costs £30k?

Yes, if you desire a 30k boat (and that probably won't get a decent steel boat today).

No! If you want to enjoy the canals but cant' afford a steel narrowboat, get a kayak or a cheap GRP cruiser instead and enjoy the waters. CaRT get more off me each year for my little boat than it is worth (and it cost me even less). Why do I bend over to pay the bills each month? Because I enjoy farting around on the canal. 

I doubt that anyone would fund me for enjoying my hobby.