Diesel rationing ?.... 😳

Bobbybass

Featured Posts

Just seen a news article....that although the UK is ok for petrol supplies, a sixth of diesel comes from Russia with suppliers running short.

The government is supposedly pondering a diesel rationing system in the near weeks.

I wonder how that would affect us...🤔

10 minutes ago, Bobbybass said:

Just seen a news article....that although the UK is ok for petrol supplies, a sixth of diesel comes from Russia with suppliers running short.

The government is supposedly pondering a diesel rationing system in the near weeks.

I wonder how that would affect us...🤔

Another reason for me feeling smug about always having had a petrol car 😃

Lets hope no one wants anything delivering by a truck or van if that happens.....and kiss goodbye to summer festivals and anything else powered by generators....which thanks to some tree huggers will now have to run on white fuel anyhow....i foresee fuel theft becoming even more rampant. 

There really needs to be some swift action from the government and fast if they want to keep the natives happy!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, frangar said:

Lets hope no one wants anything delivering by a truck or van if that happens.....and kiss goodbye to summer festivals and anything else powered by generators....which thanks to some tree huggers will now have to run on white fuel anyhow....i foresee fuel theft becoming even more rampant. 

There really needs to be some swift action from the government and fast if they want to keep the natives happy!

With covid on the increase the answer is lockdown now. Saves diesel 

2 minutes ago, Tonka said:

With covid on the increase the answer is lockdown now. Saves diesel 

If the government cover all my income and costs then fine by me….say about £50k for the next six months….then they can see if it needs extending. 

1 hour ago, Bobbybass said:

a sixth of diesel comes from Russia

Thank goodness! That means that five-sixths, or over 80%, doesn't..

We haven't got a diesel car at the moment (though our last two were), so we need diesel only for the boat anyway, a relatively small quantity.

Well it is the Mail where it has been reported.

The problem of course is that once the Mail reports it others will too and that will create the very shortage the Mail is predicting so they can claim their story was accurate.

I filled ours up earlier today as it happens at a rather pricey £1.69 per litre. So I'm glad I did as we have some hospital appointment runs to do this week (once I shake off Covid) and I was running on fumes.

5 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Well it is the Mail where it has been reported.

The problem of course is that once the Mail reports it others will too and that will create the very shortage the Mail is predicting so they can claim their story was accurate.

I filled ours up earlier today as it happens at a rather pricey £1.69 per litre. So I'm glad I did as we have some hospital appointment runs to do this week (once I shake off Covid) and I was running on fumes.

How did you fill up when you have covid

6 minutes ago, Tonka said:

How did you fill up when you have covid

You are not legally required to stay at home. It is actually the first time I've been out since last Tuesday.

And rather than go to my normal service station which has a kiosk attendant I specifically went to our local ASDA which is pay by card at the pump. No need to interact with anyone, just the diesel pump.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

Just now, Tonka said:

If people did we wouldn't be in the state we are in. 

How exactly do you wish to fund this?.....as I said Id happily stay at home for the next six months....just cover my lost income and company expenses....when can I expect the £50k cheque?

Just now, frangar said:

How exactly do you wish to fund this?.....as I said Id happily stay at home for the next six months....just cover my lost income and company expenses....when can I expect the £50k cheque?

You do not earn 100 k a year. 

Certain professions are not allowed into work with a cold. I.e dentists, air stewards and doctors. 

• Unimpressed 1

3 minutes ago, Tonka said:

Certain professions are not allowed into work with a cold. I.e dentists, air stewards and doctors. 

How do you know what I earn?....I also run my own company which has its running costs...You are of course aware that employee costs are not the same as the employee takes home....they are not met when in lockdown...trust me been there over the last 2 years. I repeat how are you going to fund a system where everyone is isolated when they have a cold

• Greenie 1

10 minutes ago, Tonka said:

It's certainly possible to earn £100k pa, just not very common.  my guess is the business makes £100k pa from which a number of people are paid. If that's the case then if there was another lockdown the business wouldn't be making any money hence the £50k lost in 6 months....

Edit: Doh, beaten to it...

I must admit, I'm in a very similar circumstance....

Edited by Quattrodave
  • Greenie 1

6 minutes ago, frangar said:

I repeat how are you going to fund a system where everyone is isolated when they have a cold

I'm with Frangar on this, the amount of lazy people in this country who seem to think sick pay is for topping up they're annual leave/holiday is appalling...!

• Greenie 4

4 minutes ago, Quattrodave said:

It's certainly possible to earn £100k pa, just not very common.  my guess is the business makes £100k pa from which a number of people are paid. If that's the case then if there was another lockdown the business wouldn't be making any money hence the £50k lost in 6 months....

Edit: Doh, beaten to it...

I must admit, I'm in a very similar circumstance....

Indeed.....plus costs of unit rental....professional Insurances....vehicle costs....the list goes on....really doesnt take long for costs to soon rack up when there is no income.

1 minute ago, Quattrodave said:

I'm with Frangar on this, the amount of lazy people in this country who seem to think sick pay is for topping up they're annual leave/holiday is appalling...!

This as well!!

7 minutes ago, frangar said:

This as well!!

A few years ago I fired an employee.  They had taken 2 weeks off sick, I then found out they had posted a Greek holiday on social media, not the smartest move.... When confronted they didn't see the harm but why should input my hand in may pocket to fund they're holiday....!

Edited by Quattrodave
  • Greenie 3