CRT Mooring Price Increase

cuthound

Featured Posts

Just received this email from CRT's Waterside Moorings department, advising of a 5% across the board increase for their moorings 

"Waterside Moorings - Annual Price Review

Following our annual review of mooring prices, we have taken the decision to increase our mooring fees by 5% this year across all Waterside Mooring sites with the exception of those sites already on phased increases or where specific price changes have already been communicated. This will be applied to contract renewals on or after 1st April 2022.

As you will be aware, inflation has increased significantly over the past six months and is forecast to increase further into 2022. Whilst we have kept the increase as low as we can, and slightly below the current inflation rate, the Trust is seeing significant increased costs for the business, and this will ensure we’re able to meet the increases in costs that we have to manage.

Waterside Moorings is part of the Trust’s discretionary commercial business activities, meaning that all mooring profits we make are returned to the Trust, so that our waterways are repaired and maintained for the enjoyment of all our customers.  We currently have an occupancy of over 95% and we appreciate the support this shows us from our customer base in what has been a challenging time over the past 2 years.

Our staff are here to help and can be contacted via your local Sales & Customer Service Manager or via email at  waterside.mooring-enquiries@canalrivertrust.org.uk

Yours sincerely,

Gareth Stephens
Head of Waterside Mooring

Canal & River Trust"

Only just seen the same email. Wondered if someone else had posted about it. Means an increase of just under £4/month for mine from September but it's only a short, no facilities, towpath mooring in the NW. I've always been into boats and never had a lot of money. Wonder if there is a correlation! Pretty much a tame rate of inflation increase though compared to the eye popping gas price rises looming on the horizon.

I am of the opinion that everyone is jumping on a bandwagon

I buy regularly from Morrisons, they have stopped lots of 'discounts', aka marketing eg my four pack Brewdog beers at £6.., used to be £10 for two packs. No longer.  I have to pay £12, which is giving Morisson an extra £2 per £10,that is £20 per £100.

I assume they made a profit when selling without discounting for purchasing two packs.

Lots of other examples on the Morrisons site. I expect all supermarkets have clicked on this idea, it's not reflecting 3 percent price increases, it's profiteering. 

I will now buy  my beer from Lidl or Aldi, might even brew my own!

Is this the end of Brewdog? 

Edited by LadyG

25 minutes ago, dixi188 said:

Boat licences have gone up 5% too. I paid mine last month.

There’s a few comedians 🤡who think it should go up 500% for those who can afford it. 

10 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I buy regularly from Morrisons, they have stopped lots of 'discounts', aka marketing eg my four pack Brewdog beers at £6.., used to be £10 for two packs. No longer.  I have to pay £12, which is giving Morisson an extra £2 per £10,that is £20 per £100.

I assume they made a profit when selling without discounting for purchasing two packs.ots of other examples on the Morrisons site. 

B&M have some good bottled beer at cheap prices

13 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I assume they made a profit when selling without discounting for purchasing two packs.

Lots of other examples on the Morrisons site. I expect all supermarkets have clicked on this idea, it's not reflecting 3 percent price increases, it's profiteering. 

How interesting that  with all the prices that are increasing, its your booze prices that are most important to you.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Goliath said:

There’s a few comedians 🤡who think it should go up 500% for those who can afford it. 

B&M have some good bottled beer at cheap prices

Ex

1 hour ago, Tracy D'arth said:

How interesting that  with all the prices that are increasing, its your booze prices that are most important to you.

I don't buy two loaves to get a discount, ditto other fresh foods, but I do buy beer, and other non perishables when they are on offer. 

There are other marketing ploys, but it's the beer that gives the best example of profiteering. 

Household cleaners are not on offer either, ie no discounts for purchase of two. 

The point is to expose profiteering by Morrisons, no way did their Brewdog beer prices jump by 20% over the last month, they just elected to stop the marketing discount, ie jumping on the bandwagon. 

I buy my shopping from Morissons two, three or four times a month, and I might spend an otherwise idle hour on my purchases, so it is clear to me that general groceries have gone up about ten percent in the last six months, but the marketing discount offers are suddenly hiked up by 20% in one month. Its unlikely Morissons are the only supermarket using such tactics. I will respond by trimming my beer to grocery ratio. Once the marketing discounts eg buy two, get 20 percent off, are stopped, customers will go to other shops. Its easy enough to spend less in supermarkets if one is prepared to buy from several outlets. Its a pia, but it is possible. 

Edited by LadyG

13 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Ex

I don't buy two loaves to get a discount, ditto other fresh foods, but I do buy beer, and other non perishables when they are on offer. 

There are other marketing ploys, but it's the beer that gives the best example of profiteering. 

Household cleaners are not on offer either, ie no discounts for purchase of two. 

The point is to expose profiteering by Morrisons, no way did their Brewdog beer prices jump by 20% over the last month, they just elected to stop the marketing discount, ie jumping on the bandwagon. 

I buy my shopping from Morissons two, three or four times a month, and I might spend an otherwise idle hour on my purchases, so it is clear to me that general groceries have gone up about ten percent in the last six months, but the marketing discount offers are suddenly hiked up by 20% in one month. Its unlikely Morissons are the only supermarket using such tactics. I will respond by trimming my beer to grocery ratio. Once the marketing discounts eg buy two, get 20 percent off, are stopped, customers will go to other shops. Its easy enough to spend less in supermarkets if one is prepared to buy from several outlets. Its a pia, but it is possible. 

I too buy from Morrisons and I find they often have very good offers on fruit and veg which is the biggest part of our shopping. It is not stuff approaching the sell by date either.  Meat also often has reductions and we tend to buy what is on offer provided it is something we would use anyway.  For example, Sirloin steak, considered an expensive item. often has the price per kilo reduced by 4p.  We buy it then.  Same with Nescafe Gold Blend. Often reduced by a couple of £1s. We just shop carefully. 

Brewdog blotting their copy book perhaps has something to do with the price increase 🙂 

23 minutes ago, LadyG said:

marketing ploys,

If any one is good at a marketing ploy it’s Brew Dog themselves. 

But yes shop around, best not to show any loyalty to either brands or supermarkets. 

Last Christmas I used Morrisons for its  great offers on single malts, and it was a 5 min walk. 
This year I used Tesco with a Tesco card for it’s deals on single malts, and a 5 min drive away. 

27 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Ex

What’s that ? 

3 hours ago, haggis said:

I too buy from Morrisons and I find they often have very good offers on fruit and veg which is the biggest part of our shopping. It is not stuff approaching the sell by date either.  Meat also often has reductions and we tend to buy what is on offer provided it is something we would use anyway.  For example, Sirloin steak, considered an expensive item. often has the price per kilo reduced by 4p.  We buy it then.  Same with Nescafe Gold Blend. Often reduced by a couple of £1s. We just shop carefully. 

Brewdog blotting their copy book perhaps has something to do with the price increase 🙂 

I'm guessing that a 4p/kilo reduction is less than a penny off per steak. Was that a £4/kilo reduction? As for Brewdog, the brand has become toxic.

Edited by BilgePump

1 hour ago, BilgePump said:

I'm guessing that a 4p/kilo reduction is less than a penny off per steak. Was that a £4/kilo reduction? As for Brewdog, the brand has become toxic.

yes, I should have said £4 reduction per kilo! 😞 

• Greenie 1

16 hours ago, LadyG said:

Morrisons have gone from offering "Buy 4 for £6" to buy 4 get the cheapest free. Suddenly it becomes important to get your Landlord and Black Sheep together rather than mixing them up with Wold Top Orange Porter and Withens Pale. 

But family members who know about these things tell me promotions are generally paid for by the supplier rather than the retailer. BrewDog probably declined to continue taking a hit on their profits.

Mrs. Bee is a bit off colour at the moment so I have been doing the shopping. Stone the crows things have gone up! Economised as I walked round Tesco's, halved the number of biscuits, bought cheapest version of everything, cut back on loo rolls, felt I'd done a pretty good job. Got home, got sent out to do it again .properly

• Greenie 2

37 minutes ago, Bee said:

Mrs. Bee is a bit off colour at the moment so I have been doing the shopping. Stone the crows things have gone up! Economised as I walked round Tesco's, halved the number of biscuits, bought cheapest version of everything, cut back on loo rolls, felt I'd done a pretty good job. Got home, got sent out to do it again .properly

My wife gives me a list and the items on the list are put in clockwise order in Tesco. Sometimes I rebel and go anti clockwise around Tesco.

PS

Don't tell the wife

:)

• Greenie 1

19 hours ago, LadyG said:

If it is the Brewdog lost beer you have been getting, they have a 10 pack for £11 in Asda, even better value than the 2 for £10

4 hours ago, George and Dragon said:

Morrisons have gone from offering "Buy 4 for £6" to buy 4 get the cheapest free. Suddenly it becomes important to get your Landlord and Black Sheep together rather than mixing them up with Wold Top Orange Porter and Withens Pale. 

But family members who know about these things tell me promotions are generally paid for by the supplier rather than the retailer. BrewDog probably declined to continue taking a hit on their profits.

buy 4 get the cheapest free.  Yes, I was surprised to see that.   It actually works out cheaper.  I bought 4 bottles all priced at £1.85 so only paid £5.55 for the 4 instead of their earlier deal of £6.00

21 hours ago, haggis said:

For example, Sirloin steak, considered an expensive item. often has the price per kilo reduced by 4p.

That's just reinforcing the stereotype that is!

I have heard it said that copper wire was invented by a Yorkshireman and a Scotsman fighting over a penny ...

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1