Don't Use Flooded Towpaths

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

21 hours ago, Hudds Lad said:

that bloke needs a helmet, he’s plainly fallen on it so many times its rubbed the hair clean off his head.

And some bicycle clips. His trousers will get stuck in his chain and he'll be up sh¹t creek, never mind the Oxo!

(I put these flagrant breeches of conformity and failures to take sensible precautions down to poor potty training)

13 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

No, but you do need to be certified . . .

I am curious:  why?  I noticed the comments under the Oxford Mail article quoted at the top of this thread, universally condemning the cyclist in the photo for the danger in cycling through the water.  It looked pretty straightforward to me, hard to miss the path under the foot of water and - assuming i did not mind getting my feet wet - if i needed to get to the other side, I would have cycled it without a second thought.  

24 minutes ago, Wittenham said:

I am curious:  why?  I noticed the comments under the Oxford Mail article quoted at the top of this thread, universally condemning the cyclist in the photo for the danger in cycling through the water.  It looked pretty straightforward to me, hard to miss the path under the foot of water and - assuming i did not mind getting my feet wet - if i needed to get to the other side, I would have cycled it without a second thought.  

This is why you are a cyclist. ?

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Wittenham said:

assuming i did not mind getting my feet wet - if i needed to get to the other side, I would have cycled it without a second thought.  

This is why we should campaign for more Alligators in the canals - those Terrapins just ain't scary enough to get the job done! ;)

• Greenie 1