Another stoppage!!!!!

Tracy D'arth

Featured Posts

38 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

, is the whole system going to be shut down soon?  

TD'

Just in time for CART to announce the lifting of all restrictions on boaters, you mean?

45 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Now Trentham lock on the T&M is out, is the whole system going to be shut down soon?  Why for one top paddle being out?

TD'

Probably because they wouldnt fix the other one until both were broken.

1 hour ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Now Trentham lock on the T&M is out, is the whole system going to be shut down soon?  Why for one top paddle being out?

TD'

I guess it depends on the state of the broken paddle. Permanently closed is OK. Permanently open is a bit of a problem.

MP.

32 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

And of course the River Trent is now closed to navigation at Stoke Bardolph lock due to a 'broken paddle'.

Temporarily fixed now.

MP.

6 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

I don't quite understand this email. It seems the stoppage for the bust paddle was reported in May saying it would be repaired asap, and the current notice is a stoppage for repair.

With many CRT staff having been on furlough until last week, this might well be ASAP!

2 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

is the whole system going to be shut down soon?

If the people in control of every stoppage are as pessimistic about it as you are, most definitely. 

2 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

is the whole system going to be shut down soon?

I don't know your definition of "soon", but I think it will be a gradual close down over the next few (single figures) years, it'll be starting at the periphery but will gradually start to affect the central / well used canals.

I forecast that the situation in 2030 will be much worse than 2020

Don’t worry, I’ve just been to Napton and CRT have a brand new Toyota pickup and a man to drive it so should be able to get the stoppages fixed in no time. It also looks like they are doing their best to drain Boddington reservoir water was baling over the bye weirs.

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

And of course the River Trent is now closed to navigation at Stoke Bardolph lock due to a 'broken paddle'.

No it's not. CRT actually got their finger out. Brought a workboat from Cranfleet and did a temporary repair and reopened by 2pm.

Edited by pearley

44 minutes ago, pearley said:

No it's not. CRT actually got their finger out. Brought a workboat from Cranfleet and did a temporary repair and reopened by 2pm.

Have they shifted the silt build up below the locks yet?

Hazelfords new island looks quite impressive.

FB-IMG-1591721025549.jpg

Edited by Naughty Cal
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

Have they shifted the silt build up below the locks yet?

Hazelfords new island looks quite impressive.

FB-IMG-1591721025549.jpg

No. We moored below the lock and fortunately a CRT man came and told us to head towards the centre of the river then sort of S bend into the locks.