Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Mike the Boilerman

Custom VNC not working this morning.

Featured Posts

 

My custom VNC stopped working about 9.30 this morning. Anyone else finding this, or is it me? 

 

In fact none of the links in the "All Activity" drop-down menu at the top are working. All say "There are no results to show in this activity stream yet"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No its me as well 

In fact the main vnc aint woking either.

Android and chrome here

 

Edited by Loddon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is not just custom content streams that are not working for me, no activity stream show anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, john6767 said:

It is not just custom content streams that are not working for me, no activity stream show anything.

So which mod has got fat finger syndrome?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Stilllearning said:

So which mod has got fat finger syndrome?

 

I don't think there is any need for that - they do a good job in their own time. Easy to pick on someone isn't it !

 

It is more likely the instability of the software (again)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

 

I don't think there is any need for that - they do a good job in their own time. Easy to pick on someone isn't it !

 

It is more likely the instability of the software (again)

I filed that under 'joke', rather than a criticism of anybody.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Happy Nomad said:

I filed that under 'joke', rather than a criticism of anybody.

You've only been here for a month - You don't know him very well do you ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

You've only been here for a month - You don't know him very well do you ?

Well if the truth be told I would guess the majority of people on here don't actually 'know' anybody else.

 

We may form a view about how the come across on the internet but I would wager lots of people are quite (very even) different sometimes to how they come across.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

 

It's a sort of car, I think...

 

 

Oh OK. My motor bike started and ran perfectly earlier. I guess it must just be a problem with 4 wheeled motorised vehicles, rather than all of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Welsh Cruiser said:

Oh OK. My motor bike started and ran perfectly earlier. I guess it must just be a problem with 4 wheeled motorised vehicles, rather than all of them. 

 

The term is self-explanatory. You can customise your VNC, did you not realise? So once you have customised your VNC, it becomes a "Custom VNC". 

 

Except that it won't any more, because VNC in the first place is now busted. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Rich, that was bloody quick, we only alerted you about ten minutes ago. Obviously you hadn't gone out to the pub or the football match.

Much appreciated,.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

 

The term is self-explanatory. You can customise your VNC, did you not realise? So once you have customised your VNC, it becomes a "Custom VNC". 

 

Except that it won't any more, because VNC in the first place is now busted. 

 

 

 

It's only self explanatory if you know the meaning of the acronym VNC. I don't, so no, it's not self explanatory. Perhaps if the trouble was taken to spend a second or two typing out the words, rather than the lazy approach of using an acronym, it would indeed be self explanatory. Acronyms are fine if the user is certain that all others understand their meaning. Sometimes the acronym will be more widely understood than the full version. For example, any talk of polyvinylchloride windows might lead to confusion whereas more or less everyone would know what pvc windows are. VNC doesn't come into this category though. I don't know what it means, I suspect I'm not on my own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The Welsh Cruiser said:

It's only self explanatory if you know the meaning of the acronym VNC. I don't, so no, it's not self explanatory. Perhaps if the trouble was taken to spend a second or two typing out the words, rather than the lazy approach of using an acronym, it would indeed be self explanatory. Acronyms are fine if the user is certain that all others understand their meaning. Sometimes the acronym will be more widely understood than the full version. For example, any talk of polyvinylchloride windows might lead to confusion whereas more or less everyone would know what pvc windows are. VNC doesn't come into this category though. I don't know what it means, I suspect I'm not on my own.

 

I thought there would be only one person on this forum who would not know what VNC stands for, given how extensive the discussion of it has been recently. 

 

And that one person is not you....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.