Live aboard TV license

The Dreamer

Featured Posts

7 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

You are however, deliberately and perversely failing to recognise it is also quite a serious insult

No, I am not.

7 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

You loser....

In this context, yes.:D

Just now, Mike the Boilerman said:

Yes you are. 

Nice wine this.... ?

It is not for you to know what someone else is doing deliberately. If I say I'm not, then I'm not. I explained myself quite clearly.

As for the wine, hmmm, I did have my suspicions. We have a nice Bergerac lined up accompany Christmas dinner this evening. It didn't arrive in a Triumph Roadster either.

14 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

You are however, deliberately and perversely failing to recognise it is also quite a serious insult when levelled at someone you are arguing with, in real life likely to earn one a punch in the gob, factually correct or not. In fact more likely when factually correct!

You loser....

Oh dear. Please try to be less aggressive in your posting manner. It does you no credit and doesn't help you get your point across. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

:clapping: Keep u Graham, Mike fully understands the implication, get over yourself and try to accept life doesnt all have to be serious.

Yes don't be daft Graham. I should of bin all like 'touché', innit, given I leveled the same advice at Tim a day or three ago!

• Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, Graham Davis said:

So now we can add hypocracy to your rudeness.

Please be careful - an accusation of hypocrisy and rudeness could be viewed as a personal insult. In the spirit of Christmas, it won't be this time, but I trust that there will not be another time.

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Even if accurate?

Personal insults are fine if accurate. Shall I look up your PM telling me this? 

My dear fellow, you may look up whatever you please, providing it's legal.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm the only sober person in this discussion. That is set to change about 6 p.m., yippee!

1 hour ago, Athy said:

It is not for you to know what someone else is doing deliberately. If I say I'm not, then I'm not. I explained myself quite clearly.

As for the wine, hmmm, I did have my suspicions. We have a nice Bergerac lined up accompany Christmas dinner this evening. It didn't arrive in a Triumph Roadster either.

Does it follow that if I say I'm a unicorn, then I'm a unicorn?

4 hours ago, Athy said:

Please be careful - an accusation of hypocrisy and rudeness could be viewed as a personal insult. In the spirit of Christmas, it won't be this time, but I trust that there will not be another time.

I'm tempted to give a green thingie for this post but you should realise that us Welsh like a good drink from time to time. I suspect that my compatriot had had a good few when he made his post, possibly to close to the point of incapacity, hence the departure from his normal polite and friendly posting style. 

• Greenie 1

14 minutes ago, OldGoat said:

Dear oh, dear there hasn't been quite such a long spat on here for a while.

Now who's got a "TR1".

A very nice looking car, rotten engine, silly rear wheel arches, but a lovely body..

If you mean a Triumph, I didn't think there was a TR1; wasn't the TR2 the first of the line?

Oh, an unofficial award for non sequitur of the day.

EDIT: just looked it up. There WAS a TR1, but only a single prototype was built. By the time it entered production it had become the TR2.

Edited by Athy

56 minutes ago, Athy said:

If you mean a Triumph, I didn't think there was a TR1; wasn't the TR2 the first of the line?

Oh, an unofficial award for non sequitur of the day.

EDIT: just looked it up. There WAS a TR1, but only a single prototype was built. By the time it entered production it had become the TR2.

I was being my usual facetious self (hence the quotes) For those not familiar with the marque, the Standard Motor Company introduced a Triumph Roadster just postwar. Nice body with pre-war-sort-of styling, soft top (what else) a dicky seat (don't be rude now) and a screen for anyone seated in the dicky with the hood down, the body was bought in (Ithink) and made by an illustrious coachbuilding firm ? Tickford (prob not, I never liked their bodies). I guess that the folks at Fletchampstead Highway might have thought "TR1" was the property of that car - hence the later TR* range started at 2. Great cars once they designed (?) and fitted a 6 cylinder engine.

Probably a load of 'cahones', but I enjoyed dragging through the memory banks.

1 minute ago, OldGoat said:

I was being my usual facetious self (hence the quotes) For those not familiar with the marque, the Standard Motor Company introduced a Triumph Roadster just postwar. Nice body with pre-war-sort-of styling, soft top (what else) a dicky seat (don't be rude now) and a screen for anyone seated in the dicky with the hood down, the body was bought in (Ithink) and made by an illustrious coachbuilding firm ? Tickford (prob not, I never liked their bodies). I guess that the folks at Fletchampstead Highway might have thought "TR1" was the property of that car - hence the later TR* range started at 2. Great cars once they designed (?) and fitted a 6 cylinder engine.

Probably a load of 'cahones', but I enjoyed dragging through the memory banks.

Best known as being Bergerac's car in the T.V. series - though I remember Dad pointing one out to me when I was very young, as someone down our road had one.

Your pos tmakes me wonder: did the "TR" prefix actually stand for "Triumph Roadster"?

1 minute ago, Athy said:

Best known as being Bergerac's car in the T.V. series - though I remember Dad pointing one out to me when I was very young, as someone down our road had one.

Your pos tmakes me wonder: did the "TR" prefix actually stand for "Triumph Roadster"?

Who knows - everyone connected - now long since gone - but if you were in a meeting and wanted to think of a catchy handle to name a whizzy, simple tag for a new car (to counter Morris Garages -A -B- C, Jaguar, Alvis SP* etc) ??

• Greenie 1