Complete newbies

David Chapman

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

You have an easy wit and lovely pointy ears.... 

Don't underestimate yerself!

My ears are definitely my best feature, that and my lovely shade of green - but I don't like to brag. :blush:

And you are very kind in your compostments 

If going for a permanent mooring, make sure that you can get your van close to the boat for unloading materials, and check that the powers-that-be are happy with you doing works on your boat.

Note also that tripping over crap can be avoided by going the PO route. (Did I get there first?)

3 hours ago, rusty69 said:

Only that mrsmelly used to sail Temeraire.

I certainly did. She is a 36 foot nicholson and I sailed her severial times back in the 70s. A fabulous boat. Taken her across to St peters port more than once!! I have trailed a line with shiney hooks over that very stern and caught mackerel and had it killed,  gutted and cooked all within a few minutes. Those were the days. Got caught out in some fairly hefty seas one weekend a bit like a cork!!

Just now, mrsmelly said:

I certainly did. She is a 36 foot nicholson and I sailed her severial times back in the 70s. A fabulous boat. Taken her across to St peters port more than once!! I have trailed a line with shiney hooks over that very stern and caught mackerel and had it killed,  gutted and cooked all within a few minutes. Those were the days. Got caught out in some fairly hefty seas one weekend a bit like a cork!!

And was she tiny inside?

PS. This thread is ok to hang about in,as some pillocks managed to get the Brexit thread locked!

3 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

And was she tiny inside?

PS. This thread is ok to hang about in,as some pillocks managed to get the Brexit thread locked!

Oh dear I hadnt seen Brexit was locked I have been out all day till now. Its a shame but I suppose it was posters from the " self modarating " forum that did it?

Yes she was quite small with bugger all headroom and iirc four bunks. A little gimbaled cooker and some heads and not much else. Fab boat though, lovely drive.

7 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

impressed, but of course that; s Southern waters :)

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

Oh dear I hadnt seen Brexit was locked I have been out all day till now

Please tell me you haven't been house hunting!

Its a shame but I suppose it was posters from the " self modarating " forum that did it?

You may think that smelly.....I however, couldn't possibly comment!

1 minute ago, rusty69 said:

Please tell me you haven't been house hunting!

Naaaaah. Just visiting my ancient mum at present. Shes just got her years breakdown of her leccy bill. Its no wonder us boaters get skint we are subsidisng these householders!! The leccy bill is next to nowt. Why is it so cheap to live in a house!! Apart from the fact they are crap!!

1 hour ago, system 4-50 said:

If going for a permanent mooring, make sure that you can get your van close to the boat for unloading materials, and check that the powers-that-be are happy with you doing works on your boat.

Note also that tripping over crap can be avoided by going the PO route. (Did I get there first?)

eh?

Naaaaah. Just visiting my ancient mum at present. Shes just got her years breakdown of her leccy bill. Its no wonder us boaters get skint we are subsidisng these householders!! The leccy bill is next to nowt. Why is it so cheap to live in a house!! Apart from the fact they are crap!!

So is my mums....cos she will never turn the bloody heating on. Grrrrrrrrrrrr,can you tell i find it frustrating!

1 hour ago, system 4-50 said:

3 minutes ago, LadyG said:

eh?

Dear O' Dear and you a person of note, on a pedestal, a moderator !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Note the word highlighted.

Now in the context of boats would PO stand for Post Office, or, Pump-out ?

Edited by Alan de Enfield

5 minutes ago, LadyG said:

impressed, but of course that; s Southern waters :)

Yes she was on a swinging mooring at Guzz.

2 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

So is my mums....cos she will never turn the bloody heating on. Grrrrrrrrrrrr,can you tell i find it frustrating!

Red hot here here shes on oil heating and she is well ott.

15 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

And was she tiny inside?

Oh that's annoying. I had a total blockbuster of a point to make, I was waiting for the next time someone popped up moaning about how the result of the first referendum ought to be respected and a second referendum must NOT be allowed. Ha!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Oh that's annoying. I had a total blockbuster of a point to make, I was waiting for the next time someone popped up moaning about how the result of the first referendum ought to be respected and a second referendum must NOT be allowed. Ha!

Well, just do it when it gets unlocked then. 

Just now, rusty69 said:

Ok!

2 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Ooohhhh, something now makes a lot of sense.

This afternoon I was presented with a screen demanding I click a button agreeing to the posting T&Cs once again before I could access the site.

Sound of a pennies cascading.....

9 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Ok!

Ooohhhh, something now makes a lot of sense.

This afternoon I was presented with a screen demanding I click a button agreeing to the posting T&Cs once again before I could access the site.

Sound of a pennies cascading.....

I got that screen yesterday.