Supermarket deliveries to the towpath?

Featured Posts

Just now, Jennifer McM said:

Butchers I think sell the best eggs. Always get a couple of doz when I'm visiting one. The butcher in Braunston High Street sell some really nice eggs - costs a bit more than Tesco, but what the heck...

I'm planning to visit there for some Braunston Bangers at the end of next week so I'll give the eggs a try as well

36 minutes ago, Lily Rose said:

I hard-boiled 6 yesterday,  2 days before their best before date.

5 lay on the bottom, one stood up but did not float. There was no difference in taste although the large air bubble in the standy-uppy one caused the shell to crack enough for about 20% of the egg to ooze out before it solidified enough to heal itself.

I do miss the eggs from my own chickens, always in the "very large" category and always with disproportionately large deep orange yolks. I don't miss the crap all over the garden though. Unfortunately the local wood pigeons are doing their best to cover the manure shortfall.

I have the same problem with the ducks on my EoG mooring. Zeus does his best to chase them back into the cut, but even he isn't on guard 24/7 ?

52 minutes ago, Jennifer McM said:

Butchers I think sell the best eggs. Always get a couple of doz when I'm visiting one. The butcher in Braunston High Street sell some really nice eggs - costs a bit more than Tesco, but what the heck...

We always get our eggs from a butcher's shop. They're £1.20 for six large ones. As I never buy eggs anywhere else I have no idea whether this is dearer than in a supermarket. The butcher's, Russell's, is next door to our house, so it's very convenient!