too p or not too p

haza

Featured Posts

46 minutes ago, Iain_S said:

Actually, no : the liquid now in the cut was formerly, while in the boatman on the boat, displacing its own weight of water . The additional volume outside the boat is counterbalanced by the reduced displacement, and so the level remains unchanged.

Until he has another pint of beer

4 hours ago, rusty69 said:

See post #2. My newly patented rusty heshewee, available at all good stockists . Its wot i use, being a lady! 

(ok, its really my dinghy bailer, made from an old bleach bottle) 

I'm not putting anything rusty down there!

2 hours ago, Iain_S said:

Actually, no : the liquid now in the cut was formerly, while in the boatman on the boat, displacing its own weight of water . The additional volume outside the boat is counterbalanced by the reduced displacement, and so the level remains unchanged.

no it doesn't

no it doesn't

no it doesn't

no it doesn't

4 times?  I am drunk, but that's made me look silly now!

• Haha 2

The level changes when the extra fluid is brought onto the boat, not when it is discharged into the cut. If you discharge the fluid while standing on the bank however, be careful not to fall in. 

1 hour ago, Jim Riley said:

The level changes when the extra fluid is brought onto the boat, not when it is discharged into the cut. If you discharge the fluid while standing on the bank however, be careful not to fall in. 

Same goes when standing, sitting, or whatever, on a boat.

22 hours ago, doratheexplorer said:

I'm not putting anything rusty down there!

no it doesn't

no it doesn't

no it doesn't

no it doesn't

4 times?  I am drunk, but that's made me look silly now!

Yes it does

yes it does

yes it does

yes it does

(Jim has it right)

34 minutes ago, doratheexplorer said:

No.  No it doesn't

(I can't even remember what we were arguing about)

(I'm just using the accepted arguing style on the forum, as seen on the Housing Beneft thread)

Ohhh Yes it does. I have independent verification that I am Right. So you are just Wrong. Meh! 

In a cruiser it is possible  to have a sea toilet that can pump out via an underwater skin fitting.  Indeed it is the usual arrangement on sea boats .

A diverter valve can be provided which allows discharge from the toilet direct to sea or to the holding tank.

Not sure that would work on a narrowboat . However a toilet that discharges to the water is perhaps more civilised  than some of the other techniques mentioned.

For the avoidance of doubt I would emphasize that discharge of a toilet into a canal is not permitted. Perhaps discharge of urine should be permitted.

On 22/08/2018 at 18:00, rusty69 said:

See post #2. My newly patented rusty heshewee, available at all good stockists . Its wot i use, being a lady! 

Hey, I know you're female but a Lady? Shirley not?

Edited by Dr Bob
  • Haha 1

On 22/08/2018 at 18:00, rusty69 said:

9 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Hey, I know you're female but a Lady? Shirley not?

I suppose one advantage Rusty has over the rest of us is that he can do all of the heshewee testing on his/her own. ?

• Haha 1