Incinerating Toilets

Flyboy

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, Flyboy said:

Forget pump out, composting and cassette toilets, this what you need. Guaranteed to give you rosy cheeks I reckon, or is it just a flash in the pan?  There's an article in the June Waterways World.

https://www.cinderellaeco.com/gb/cinderella-motion/

No hope unless you remain tied up to gas and lectric.

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

You can pay for an awful lot of bus rides (to take your cassette to the elsan) for £3500 + running costs.

A new gas bottle every 136th time you go to the loo (assuming you use gas for nothing else)

with 2 people you might last 10 days on a bottle

it's cheaper to have a pump-out (even with a small tank like ours we run for 2 weeks before needing a £10 empty)

3 minutes ago, 13-10 said:

I've got visions of it going wrong and being catapulted in to the air with my arse on fire

The mind boggles....

On a sideways point, I spent half of Saturday refitting my drop through loo mounting (thanks to LeeSan - not- for supplying sintered brass mounting bolts which last for 2-3 years before corroding through; now done with modified S/S roofing bolts). While grovelling around in close quarters of a gaping 4" hole to a tank of waste. I wonder what the real objection is?

• I couldn't see any solids
  • or loo paper
  • The was no smell - thanks to biological commercial washing liquid
  • Not really totally unpleasant - just ignored its presence by concentrating on removing rotted bolts and cleaning up. 

All fixed now and the seat doesn't wobble.

Pumping out isn't much of a challenge -

• Find a pumpout unit
  • connect hose
  • pay money
  • open valve
  • flush
  • repeat until you think money is about to run out
  • disconnect and clean up go on your way

SO what's the problem??

7 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

"Your way" is not much of a talking (arguing) point

Why spoil a good discussion with facts ?

My problem is being too reasonable but - stupidly, perhaps - trying to find out what the logical reasons are.

Your reply reminds me of the Monty Python argument sketch.

Otherwise you're absolutely correct.....

2 hours ago, Chewbacka said:

I wonder what the BSS would make of a 3kW gas powered non room sealed appliance - considering that they don’t like gas fridges.

That's a good point! Strange that nobody has pointed that out before - in other similar topics.

9 minutes ago, OldGoat said:

That's a good point! Strange that nobody has pointed that out before - in other similar topics.

And particularly relevant for liveaboards where the boat installations must be in compliance with the GSIUR regulations - which state 

Room-sealed appliances 30.—

(1)  No person shall install a gas appliance in a room used or intended to be used as a bathroom or a shower room unless it is a room-sealed appliance.

(2)  No person shall install a gas fire, other gas space heater or a gas water heater of more than 14 kilowatt gross heat input in a room used or intended to be used as sleeping accommodation unless the appliance is a room-sealed appliance.

(3)  No person shall install a gas fire, other gas space heater or a gas water heater of 14 kilowatt gross heat input or less in a room used or intended to be used as sleeping accommodation and no person shall install an instantaneous water heater unless (in each case)— (a) it is a room-sealed appliance; or (b) it incorporates a safety control designed to shut down the appliance before there is a build up of a dangerous quantity of the products of combustion in the room concerned.

(4)  The references in paragraphs (1) to (3) to a room used or intended to be used for the purpose therein referred to includes a reference to— (a) a cupboard or compartment within such a room; or (b) a cupboard, compartment or space adjacent to such a room if there is an air vent from the cupboard, compartment or space into such a room

So it looks as if you would need your 'bathroom' to be separate from your 'toilet room'

3 hours ago, Chewbacka said:

I wonder what the BSS would make of a 3kW gas powered non room sealed appliance - considering that they don’t like gas fridges.

You may well be correct. Leesan are promoting the Cinderella Motion ( good title for a bog) at Crick, so I would have thought they must have BSS approval. They claim it costs 25p/flush but I can't see many people buying one at £ 3500.

4 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

And particularly relevant for liveaboards where the boat installations must be in compliance with the GSIUR regulations - which state 

Room-sealed appliances 30.—

(1)  No person shall install a gas appliance in a room used or intended to be used as a bathroom or a shower room unless it is a room-sealed appliance.

(2)  No person shall install a gas fire, other gas space heater or a gas water heater of more than 14 kilowatt gross heat input in a room used or intended to be used as sleeping accommodation unless the appliance is a room-sealed appliance.

(3)  No person shall install a gas fire, other gas space heater or a gas water heater of 14 kilowatt gross heat input or less in a room used or intended to be used as sleeping accommodation and no person shall install an instantaneous water heater unless (in each case)— (a) it is a room-sealed appliance; or (b) it incorporates a safety control designed to shut down the appliance before there is a build up of a dangerous quantity of the products of combustion in the room concerned.

(4)  The references in paragraphs (1) to (3) to a room used or intended to be used for the purpose therein referred to includes a reference to— (a) a cupboard or compartment within such a room; or (b) a cupboard, compartment or space adjacent to such a room if there is an air vent from the cupboard, compartment or space into such a room

So it looks as if you would need your 'bathroom' to be separate from your 'toilet room'

Maybe it is room sealed, I can't see anything in the blurb that confirms this though.

9 minutes ago, Flyboy said:

You may well be correct. Leesan are promoting the Cinderella Motion ( good title for a bog) at Crick, so I would have thought they must have BSS approval. They claim it costs 25p/flush but I can't see many people buying one at £ 3500.

Maybe they are promoting the 'electric only' version 

Other '100% electric' models that have been discussed on here typically use 1Kw/H per 'flush' (work that out in A/H !!!!)

http://www.incinolet.ca/faq.html

Note : they do a special model for boats.

"Model WB carries USCG Certification # l59.015/2701/0 and includes a vibration resistant, bolt-down baseplate for use in movable or mobile installations".

2 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Other '100% electric' models that have been discussed on here typically use 1Kw/H per 'flush' (work that out in A/H !!!!)

For a 12V boat that’s about 75Ah per flush. Only use the loo when the Travelpower is turning...