Boat sunk on the Macc on Marple

Alway Swilby

Featured Posts

Not sure what a "false positive" is...

It's when you make what the bank considers to be an unusual transaction. They block the payment just in case it's fraud.

I've had it happen to me on more than one occasion. A phone call sorts it simply and quickly.

Not sure what a "false positive" is, but yes, you're wise to take an alternative to a payment card. My cash has never bounced yet.

You wait till you get a couple of false tenners!

Bod

It's when you make what the bank considers to be an unusual transaction. They block the payment just in case it's fraud.

I've had it happen to me on more than one occasion. A phone call sorts it simply and quickly.

In my experience, they cancel the card and send a new one out with a different number on it - this is not quick, especially if you're about to go on holiday and you find out the morning of the holiday when you try and withdraw some cash!

In my experience, they cancel the card and send a new one out with a different number on it - this is not quick, especially if you're about to go on holiday and you find out the morning of the holiday when you try and withdraw some cash!

Ooh, I've not had that happen.

In my experience (when the wife was on holiday in Turkey) the bank phone me and say "you have never used your card in Turkey and someone is making a high value purchase in a Jewellery shop - is it OK to authorise it ?"

It happened a couple of years later when she was in Greece.

My bank are pretty good with this, they send out a new card with a courier and get it to you within 24 hrs.

In my experience (when the wife was on holiday in Turkey) the bank phone me and say "you have never used your card in Turkey and someone is making a high value purchase in a Jewellery shop - is it OK to authorise it ?"

It happened a couple of years later when she was in Greece.

Yes. That's the kind of thing that I've experienced.

Some of what you say makes sense, but when you tell me that you're afraid to call your dog by its name in case it lets some tab-hanging hacker into your Swiss bank account, I think you may be taking prudence a little too far.

You are so wrong...

We haven't got a dog lol...

We have loads of fish in the pond, and obviously for security reasons we decided not to name any of them, how coy is that lol?

Richard.

You are so wrong...

We have loads of fish in the pond, and obviously for security reasons we decided not to name any of them, how coy is that lol?

Richard.

Yes, very koi of you.

Ah yes, I have heard of that happening.

You are so wrong...

Richard.

It's not worth carping on about.

Bod, you have reminded me: I did once get a fake £5 note in my change in a perfectly respectable pub in Horsley Woodhouse, Derbyshire. I tried to spend it the next day and the shopkeeper spotted it. I took it back to the pub, whose landlady was most apologetic and gave me a real one in exchange.

Ahh... Cod knows how I was supposed to know that wink.png

Somewhat sadly I would have to agree that the GU below Cowroast is relatively underused and too few people venture there unless en route from a well know boat seller to there intended long term berth on the Regents Canal or Paddington Branch (!)

Bod, you have reminded me: I did once get a fake £5 note in my change in a perfectly respectable pub in Horsley Woodhouse, Derbyshire. I tried to spend it the next day and the shopkeeper spotted it. I took it back to the pub, whose landlady was most apologetic and gave me a real one in exchange.

She could have made £5 on the deal.