42 feet of pure prettiness

MissMax

Featured Posts

I actually,like others, think she's doing really well. Made a few mistakes but able to laugh about them and put herself in the firing line. I certainly wouldn't be coping as well under the same circumstances. I wouldn't be at all surprised if she feels a little hurt by some of the comments directed her way. She's a tough cookie, on a very steep learning curve and needs all the helpful advice she can get. Humour, on this thread, is the best ever. But think of Max who is continually the subject, when things get on top of you for real, constant digs can boil you over.

I think there is a good story here, good or otherwise, to be published but let's get Max on the road to happy boating. Max is aware of my advice to get to a mooring with hook up and tradesmen who can sort things. As always money may be an issue, but hey ho! it always is.

Max, if you're reading this, chin up, yep,all of them! and come back on the forum. Last nights story, although a bit stressful for you,is quite funny after the event.

Martyn.

You're quite right. Greeny.

And if Max were any where nearer, I'd be helping her out practically too. But a 500 mile round trip each time is holding me back, somehow.

You're doing brilliantly. MissyMaxy!

You're quite right. Greeny.

And if Max were any where nearer, I'd be helping her out practically too. But a 500 mile round trip each time is holding me back, somehow.

You're doing brilliantly. MissyMaxy!

Thanks for the Greenie. I don't get many. Probably not deserved normally.

I'm sure Max would get more help if she was nearer civilisation. I'm very keen for her to bite the bullet and move from Skipton, which I believe is on the cards shortly.

Martyn

I'm sure Max would get more help if she was nearer civilisation. I'm very keen for her to bite the bullet and move from Skipton, which I believe is on the cards shortly.

Yes it's a ridiculous place to take your bote. It's about as high up as it's possible to get on the English canals IIRC. Tell her to bring it down to Brum and she'll have to fend off all the blokes trying to help her with her cabin shaft.

Yes it's a ridiculous place to take your bote. It's about as high up as it's possible to get on the English canals IIRC. Tell her to bring it down to Brum and she'll have to fend off all the blokes trying to help her with her cabin shaft.

I think Birmingham was the initial plan. All the best plans etc.

If MissMax makes it to the Midlands and promises to leave my kidneys alone I can help her to sort some issues on her boat smile.png

As a suggestion, you could probably palm her off with some kidneys from the meat counter in Tescos. I doubt she'd know how to tell the difference.

Hope that helps...

It is now the middle of October and the number of spiders is diminishing and only a few are left who tend to be a bit slow.

So now is a good time to check your curtains for wasps. I don't know why but they do like to overwinter in the corners of curtains that don't get moved too much. They will be on the window side of the curtain.

It is now the middle of October and the number of spiders is diminishing and only a few are left who tend to be a bit slow.

So now is a good time to check your curtains for wasps. I don't know why but they do like to overwinter in the corners of curtains that don't get moved too much. They will be on the window side of the curtain.

Funny you should say that.

There were a couple of dark marks on one of my curtains this morning. I thought that two moths were sleeping behind them, but no.

It was two wasps between the curtain and the lining.

I'm really glad I didn't stick my hand up there to try to remove them.

T.

I was once stung on my thumb by a bumble bee on the top deck of a Trolley bus going to Sunday school, for that reason, you'd have thought the good lord would have been looking down on me and prevented it happening. It bled like anything, disgusted with the lord up there, I nearly went home and blow Sunday school.

I remember being stung once as a child by a wasp winterising on curtains in our bedroom..saw dark shape and touched it

Last year I hired a mini-digger to build some hardstanding around a shed in the back garden. I sat there happily clearing some overgrowth, when I notice a bit of a "scratch". I looked up and there were lots of insects buzzing around the lights. The scratch got worse, and then I felt more. I had clearly disturbed a big wasp nest, and the first one to sting me clearly had let out some sort of attack pheromone.

I jumped off the digger, running to the safety of the house, having to strip off as I went because they had started crawling inside my clothing.

No idea how many times I was stung, but it hurt for hours. :(