* FOUND * Stolen Boat - from Mercia Marina

Yank on the Cut

Featured Posts

Had the boat got much fuel when it was taken? if not where is it being fuelled? if it is at a pump something will be recorded, if by fuel container watch out for someone hauling fuel around. -or- is there anyone having fuel stolen of their boat -it could be a lead!

I'm wondering if it could be hiding between boats. Where boats breast up, or are perhaps breasted up 3 deep, as I expect they could be in some areas, it could be tucked in between 2 others. That would be a very effective way of hiding it, especially if the skirt on the stern has been disguised or removed.? Anyone around places where this could be the case?

Don't know if this helps at all but Shardlow Lock is still closed so nothing moving up or down from Swarkestone to Derwent Mouth Locks. The canal has been topped up with water to normal levels almost, but Shardlow Lock is still chained up. May be able to move tomorrow if crt decide that there is no cill damage but if there is still cill damage then will be closed for a while longer yet. The point of all that is that it's a dead end at the moment.

Unfortunately I have no printer on board so can't print the flyers but will keep spreading the word as best I can. Best wishes to everyone hope it's found soon

We have had a report from our loss adjuster that a boat that looked like ours was heading south last week on the North Oxford canal.

What method do the loss adjusters have for finding missing boats? I wonder if by combining efforts the boat could be found.

haggis

Speaking as a new member (and definitely not a boat thief!!) how would you know that the perpetrator of this theft hasn't been a forum member for years?

Just a thought, but if I was trying to hide a stolen boat, I'd put it amongst a load of similar items and hope it disappears in the crowd. Has anyone had a wander round Barton Turn?

Speaking as a new member (and definitely not a boat thief!!) how would you know that the perpetrator of this theft hasn't been a forum member for years?

Just a thought, but if I was trying to hide a stolen boat, I'd put it amongst a load of similar items and hope it disappears in the crowd. Has anyone had a wander round Barton Turn?

As s new member also who was pointed towards this forum by another I'm not a boat t leaf either

We are new members and we also did not steal our boat. It is a point that the man who stole our boat was an experienced driver of narrow boats and new all about them. So he could well be on the forum as such, watching our posts.

Our boat was about half full, so it should last a while. We thought pump out was more likely as the tank is not that large

I know we keep reiterating this, but we are over welded by your support and very grateful. It appears she could be anywhere!

We are new members and we also did not steal our boat. It is a point that the man who stole our boat was an experienced driver of narrow boats and new all about them. So he could well be on the forum as such, watching our posts.

Our boat was about half full, so it should last a while. We thought pump out was more likely as the tank is not that large

I know we keep reiterating this, but we are over welded by your support and very grateful. It appears she could be anywhere!

I had to smile at your pump out comment - the thief may be in deeper sh.. than he bargained for! :D

Don't be "over welded" though, as it'll devalue your boat when you do get it back. ;)

Fingers still crossed. :)

Its approaching the time when it could even have reached the Lea and Stort, but I doubt it, it would have had to pass through places where it would probably have been detected, busy with lots of EO's and busy bodies about, like Uxbridge, Little Venice and so on. The river Stort it relatively quiet with many little hidey holes and backwaters as has the Lea. I'll start to keep a look out and spread the word just in case.

Yes very over welded! :-) I am afraid spell checker annoyingly gets the better of my words some of the time.

But yes over whelmed by everyone's support. We met lots of people at Fradley junction yesterday,

that new our boat was missing, and were also on the look out which cheered up greatly. We found though that several do not have an internet connection on board, so if you are chatting to a new neighbour when you moor for lunch or for the night, could you mind just have a friendly chat if you see them out of their boat, about our stolen boat? Thanks!

I have posted the Flyer on our website in the news section and on our facebook page, I've also created adverts on sales pontoon

http://thesalespontoon.co.uk/For_sale/959/nearly-new-fully-fitted-50ft-narrowboat-for-sale-east-midla

And Apollo Duck so hopefully somebody will spot it.

I've also emailed Damian from CRT who sends out the boaters updates each month to see if he can send it around to all the boaters on their database.

Cheers Glyn

No they differ. Port side from rear, square brass coated framed window, frosted port hole matching frame, then one more brass coated square window, followed by the hatch then another brass coated square brass window. so ( 3 windows, 1 port hole, 1 hatch)

Starboard side from rear square brass coated window, port hole clear glass, the just one more square brass coated window. so (two windows one port hole).

Large platform at back with solid back with logo SB lazered into the metalwork. Bedroom at back, lounge at front, kitchen middle.

Thanks for asking, we have not listed about the windows before.

No they differ. Port side from rear, square brass coated framed window, frosted port hole matching frame, then one more brass coated square window, followed by the hatch then another brass coated square brass window. so ( 3 windows, 1 port hole, 1 hatch)

Starboard side from rear square brass coated window, port hole clear glass, the just one more square brass coated window. so (two windows one port hole).

Large platform at back with solid back with logo SB lazered into the metalwork. Bedroom at back, lounge at front, kitchen middle.

I've been keeping a look on eBay, preloved, etc. What engine is fitted? A number of ads do not include photos so it would help rule out the definitely nots.

Thanks. It's good that the single porthole is on both sides, and with square windows either side, as that's quite unusual.

I just wished I lived nearer to the canal system - our nearest point is on the Llangollen, thirty miles away.

Re Ebay, it's also worth looking on the recent completed listings, both sold and unsold, but I haven't seen anything there like yours.

Thanks. It's good that the single porthole is on both sides, and with square windows either side, as that's quite unusual.

I just wished I lived nearer to the canal system - our nearest point is on the Llangollen, thirty miles away.

Re Ebay, it's also worth looking on the recent completed listings, both sold and unsold, but I haven't seen anything there like yours.

Do you have any CAD drawings of your design? Just that a detailed layout port and starboard similar to this would be very useful.

mcc614-05.jpg

Just seen a lookalike boat go thru gt haywood but had nice signwriting with the name ..... and duck .sorry didnt get full name as it was just the rear of the boat i saw between trees.my guess is its just a look alike

Just seen a lookalike boat go thru gt haywood but had nice signwriting with the name ..... and duck .sorry didnt get full name as it was just the rear of the boat i saw between trees.my guess is its just a look alike

Thanks for the accurate spot! It is indeed a Stenson boat but it's the Dog and Duck which has been spotted all through their trip over the last days. It's not 'our' boat but it shows you're well tuned in now, so keep spotting!

We have heard reports from Louise, one of the lock keepers at Fradley junction, that our boat has been found. Alas we have had no such information ourselves, so feel this information must be with regard the first boat stolen at Kings Bromley. Please keep looking, we will definitely let you know if we find her!

We have heard reports from Louise, one of the lock keepers at Fradley junction, that our boat has been found. Alas we have had no such information ourselves, so feel this information must be with regard the first boat stolen at Kings Bromley. Please keep looking, we will definitely let you know if we find her!

Let's hope it's correct though.