Boat engine problems

bux

Featured Posts

Is there any canal boater in Birmingham that can come and take a look at my beta marina engine. Engine over heating. Would pay a fee of course we are in Birmingham. Please help

Is there any canal boater in Birmingham that can come and take a look at my beta marina engine. Engine over heating. Would pay a fee of course we are in Birmingham. Please help

Can highly recommend Oxley Marine at Wolverhampton

Do Oxley offer a mobile call-out service?

Might be a better idea to call RCR. Their website isn't clear as to whether they offer a breakdown service to newly joined members but they probably do. Well worth calling them to ask.Their number is 01785 785 680

Guess we need more info.

Location?

Engine type?

Tony

The deleted merged thread stated a beta marine engine. No further info though.

So a shot in the dark guess would be a broken vee belt, or all the coolant missing.

Or both.

Do Oxley offer a mobile call-out service?

Might be a better idea to call RCR. Their website isn't clear as to whether they offer a breakdown service to newly joined members but they probably do. Well worth calling them to ask.Their number is 01785 785 680

RCR require you to be a member for 2 weeks before they will come out to you for their bronze, silver, gold and platinum cover, to weed out people joining with pre-existing faults.

They do however offer a basic "retainer" level of service, where they charge something like £40 per hour plus parts to fix you. This isn't subject to the 2 week period.

I think you should un-reinstate the de-merging, given it is the same poster with basically the same question!

That would be even more confusing wacko.png

... Bux. as has been suggested, it would be a help if you could give a little more indication as to where in the Birmingham area you are ... fingers crossed someone is nearby that can help you.

LCx

(snip)

So a shot in the dark guess would be a broken vee belt, or all the coolant missing.

Or both.

Another shot in the dark: skin tank full of air? Thermostat stuck shut?

Iain

Can you be precise? Birming area is so vague! you'l get more help if you say where you are and give some info about the make of engine. I can't help today I'm sorry.

We are at aston by the uni near love street. Sorry for that

The engine is beta marina 43hp

Duplicate threads merged - and moved to boat building and maintenance.

LCx

Hi LC yes I keep repeating sorry about that. I've now put my location and engine on the site. But again repeated engine model. Looking for some help if possible. As going to sell boat. Now this happens. Hmm. Boating. Wish I had a clue!

Can you be precise? Birming area is so vague! you'l get more help if you say where you are and give some info about the make of engine. I can't help today I'm sorry.

Hi. Are you anywhere near us. And more to the point do you think you could help. Thanks

1. Check intake pump is working properly or not? as it may get blocked because of debris floating in the sea.

2. Check the blockage of rubber impellers.

3. Check the Exhaust as it should not be restricted because it will prevent water from flowing properly through the engine.

4. Check the damaging of thermostat.

Check all these things and definitely, you will get the reasons of overheating and solutions too.

1. Check intake pump is working properly or not? as it may get blocked because of debris floating in the sea.

2. Check the blockage of rubber impellers.

3. Check the Exhaust as it should not be restricted because it will prevent water from flowing properly through the engine.

4. Check the damaging of thermostat.

Check all these things and definitely, you will get the reasons of overheating and solutions too.

Bux's boat is a modern build narrow boat, almost certainly with closed circuit cooling based on a skin tank.

So it will not have....

1) An intake pump

2) Any rubber impellers

3) A wet exhaust with water flowing through it.

So I don't think she is likely to find a diagnosis or solution based on the first 3 things on your list.

A failed thermostat could be a possibility, but in my view not by any means the most likely one.

We are at aston by the uni near love street. Sorry for that

Hi LC yes I keep repeating sorry about that. I've now put my location and engine on the site. But again repeated engine model. Looking for some help if possible. As going to sell boat. Now this happens. Hmm. Boating. Wish I had a clue!

Bux, can you confirm whether you are able to carry out the really basic checks already suggested? I.e. is the fan belt still present? Is the cooling system header tank still full of water? Is the propeller free of fouling?

Or are you asking for someone to call by and check these things for you too?

Did you dismiss the suggestions to call Oxley Marine or RCR?

Edited by Mike the Boilerman