Forum Announcement Banner

junior

Featured Posts

Is it possible to get rid of this now? If nothing else just to save my sanity.

I don't know if it is just me, but using the Android Forum Skin the main forum navigation buttons are hidden inside the banner and it's almost impossible to navigate around the forum without getting the announcement instead. That and this new fluffy bunny version of the forum are really 'doing my ed in' at the moment.

Mods?

Edited by junior
  • Greenie 3

If I knew anything about Death Metal "music" I'd probably think that Android Forum Skin was a great name for a band.

Wouldn't that be shortened depending on the circumstance?

Some people would consider part of the last two words of the name unnecessary.

I don't know if it is just me, but using the Android Forum Skin the main forum navigation buttons are hidden inside the banner and it's almost impossible to navigate around the forum without getting the announcement instead. That and this new fluffy bunny version of the forum are really 'doing my ed in' at the moment.

Mods?

Can I second this, on the phone most of the time and the banner dominates the screen

Mods?

Mine too. Greenie.

• Greenie 1

Another forum I frequent has a similar banner arrangement, once you have clicked on it to read it, it does not come back again.

Proves you have read it.

I wish we could have done it like that. I checked but the software doesn't have that feature built in.

Example on iPhone.

As this image and then when you bring up the menu, for new content you have to scroll to get to it. That banner is fine in a "emergency" but not something you want there for any length of time. Would be good if it can go now, and right now it does not have a very important message anyway.

Example on iPhone.

Thanks

On my Blackberry using the mobile version of the site the banner fills the screen when I go to a new page, but it disappears off the top of the screen in the normal way as I scroll down the page. So a minor annoyance, but not a big problem.

Thanks

I don't know if it is just me, but using the Android Forum Skin the main forum navigation buttons are hidden inside the banner and it's almost impossible to navigate around the forum without getting the announcement instead.

The button overlays on my phone too, although I found it fairly easy to hit the button not the banner this might not be the case on all phones.

I'll have to check with Dan if he still wants the announcement. I was unaware the image went over the menu buttons at the top. It doesn't do on mine but I only have one mobile phone to check it on.

I happy for it to be removed now, as I think almost should have seen the first one, and most the second.

Thanks

Daniel

The button overlays on my phone too, although I found it fairly easy to hit the button not the banner this might not be the case on all phones.

I happy for it to be removed now, as I think almost should have seen the first one, and most the second.

Thanks

Daniel

Bumped so Paul c can see it..