Midland Chandlers website down?

MtB

Featured Posts

I tried it when I saw this thread 10 mins ago and it did not work for me either, just tried it again and after a long pause it did work. Now working fine.

I tried 'pinging' the site. Sometimes it responds and sometimes the request times out.

This could be a problem with the website itself or a elsewhere on the web. Usually this sort of problem disappears after a while.

It doesn't work for me either. I tried to ping it and it resolved to 188.93.177.247 but is unreachable. Flushing my DNS cache didn't work, so I can only guess their IP address has changed but global DNS entries haven't. Maybe someone for whom it works can supply the working IP address?

ISTR 'time to live' parameters need to expire before their DNS servers get queried to update the records of other DNS servers across the world. 'Propagation' of new records is the term, or used to be last time I did any reading on the subject.

Edit to add, it's now working again for me too, so yes I bet they've changed servers or something.

And when I ping them it resolves to 188.93.177.247 and the pings time out. Not unusual for ping requests to be denied by a server these days though.

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

It doesn't work for me either. I tried to ping it and it resolved to 188.93.177.247 but is unreachable. Flushing my DNS cache didn't work, so I can only guess their IP address has changed but global DNS entries haven't. Maybe someone for whom it works can supply the working IP address?

I think the address for the MC website is in the process of changing from -

to

(which is its parents website - MC is part of the Arleigh International group).

No doubt it will be working for everybody shortly.

While on the subject of DNS servers has anyone tried the Google ones? My BT service provider supplies their own, but I fixed mine to the Google servers, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and generally get much faster responses.

While on the subject of DNS servers has anyone tried the Google ones? My BT service provider supplies their own, but I fixed mine to the Google servers, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and generally get much faster responses.

Yes they are faster for most as are many of the public DNS servers.

The problem that some have with the Google DNS servers and Google in general is that they track your internet usage. As such some prefer to use public servers that protect privacy.