Who's off to Crick this year?

Bobphilips

Featured Posts

Badges and name tags sound an excellent idea, I often need a reminder about 2230 on a good Saturday, just who the hell I am :)

A stand number and a time on Sat would be the bizzzz, or 1230 beer tent maybe even better :)

Happy to meet up - we hope to be there all weekend . . .

12:30 beer tent.

I am not going to wear a badge. If anyone recognises me, or maffi who I will have in tow (or will he have me in tow) say hello. Otherwise bottle and I and Maffi and mrs bottle (?) will be the ones drinking guiness

Thats a date 12.30 beer tent. :)

and mrs bottle does drink guinness

If Bones does not have a Guinnes in her hand you can recognise her by her shoes. :)

Edited by bottle

Thats a date 12.30 beer tent. :)

and mrs bottle does drink guinness

If Bones does not have a Guinnes in her hand you can recognise her by her shoes. :)

shoes... ah yes.

shoes... ah yes.

Well, I could comment on the big boots, but more importantly, I'll be there on Saturday, but can't stay late as I'm playing at a gig at Chippenham Folk Fessie in the evening. Beer at lunchtime sounds good though ........ It'll be a bit poignant though; Crick last year was the last day out I had with my Dad when he was still brilliantly interested in life and everything ......

12.30 is okay - Bones do you want a lift? I can pick you up on the way through and Maffi too and anybody else en route?

Jill

Well, I could comment on the big boots, but more importantly, I'll be there on Saturday, but can't stay late as I'm playing at a gig at Chippenham Folk Fessie in the evening. Beer at lunchtime sounds good though ........ It'll be a bit poignant though; Crick last year was the last day out I had with my Dad when he was still brilliantly interested in life and everything ......

12.30 is okay - Bones do you want a lift? I can pick you up on the way through and Maffi too and anybody else en route?

Jill

Whatcha! Good to see you back and around! I don't need a lift ta - I am going up on friday, and will be going on up north on saturday evening, but I definately want to see you! 12:30 it is. It sounds as though there are enough of us who will recognise eachother, so anyone that doesn't do feel free to come and join us. I'm the one with the boots. Maffi has had a hair cut so you will have to look at his blog and see if you can regonise him. Bottle and Mrs Bottle will be drinking guiness, we'll all like like old chums.... hmmm.... this doesn't bode well does it.

We are going for the weekend...first time so am looking forward to it especially as we have the boat to buy for now...

Ummm.maybe better not take the credit card tho! :)

The campsite was full when I rang up last week but the nice lady on the phone put me in touch with a nearby campsite and am booked with him...

Would love to meet up so will try to make the beer tent rendevous :)

( was nice to meet you in person Jill at Bradford :):) )

Camp site is booked, tickets are booked, I shall be there first thing on Saturday morning camera in hand, Yaaay

Show me the boats showmethe boats showmetheboats

Oh and I might drink some beeer as well

Hello everyone, long time lurker finally decided to post :)

Silly question perhaps, but what happens to the people who normally moor at Crick?

Is the show in a separate area or do they all get told to go away!

i would like to go, but i should imagine it will only make me want another boat even more. and its a problem in my mind already let alone going to see loads again :rolleyes:

were see i suppose

Hello everyone, long time lurker finally decided to post :rolleyes:

Silly question perhaps, but what happens to the people who normally moor at Crick?

Is the show in a separate area or do they all get told to go away!

They get squashed up into the other half of the marina, those that is, who don't b*gger off into the wilderness to get away from all the hassle.

Tony :lol:

We'll be there with our usual marquee full of goodies.

As I'm just planning what to take at the moment (nothing like forward planning!) - would anyone like to suggest what they would like to find on offer there?

Cheap oakum, coal tar pitch and 5inch galvanised spikes please.

Maffi will be there all weekend, and I am going on saturday.

Anyone else going on saturday?

I'll be there all wekend (as I have been for the past two years) and shall look forward to meeting some of you. I will be looking out for anybody drinking guiness in funny shoes!

see you there,

Mark.

How about someone designing a Canalworld Forum badge and nametag to wear?

Nick

Will this do? You can resize it with an image processing program if necessary.

Say Hello!

......and does anyone want to add support to the window sticker idea? Jon seems to be too busy to progress it. It starts here

Edited by bjornunda

Just wondering who is off to the Crick show which is on over the bank holiday weekend of the 26-28 May? What were the main highlights from last years show as I missed it and does anyone know what highlights will be there this coming year?

I see Towpath Talk are running a compeition to win tickets, might have a go myself and see if I can save the entry fee!

I will be there all weekend - delivering mini-maintenance courses - FREE I believe.

11.00 - 12.00: Changing engine oils and oil filters.

13.00 - 14.00 Drive plates, gearboxes and the controls.

15.00 - 16.00 The air supply and adjusting valve clearances

1st and last has hands on sessions.

All first come first served but RCR will want your names and addresses so they can send you with marketing bumpth

With a seminar at 14.10 (I think) entitled getting your batteries and charging right.

Hope this does not violate the rules and please, those who are just starting out on boating feel free to comer along (well all of you could come, but I do not want barracking from the back!!)

Tony Brooks

I'm aiming to be there on the Saturday. As I haven't met any of you before, I'll probably be employing NFA's strategy of hanging around in the beer tent acosting anyone drinking guinness and wearing noteworthy footwear (people looking like me, I suppose...).

A handy hint for anyone booking tickets online or by phone: If you quote the promotion code "CBS 6" when booking, you get a free programme (it's £2 otherwise).

We'll be there with our usual marquee full of goodies.

As I'm just planning what to take at the moment (nothing like forward planning!) - would anyone like to suggest what they would like to find on offer there?

Rope and fenders, ecofan, mounting kit for Rutland 913.....all at huge ''show special discounts'' of course !

[Hope this does not violate the rules and please, those who are just starting out on boating feel free to comer along (well all of you could come, but I do not want barracking from the back!!)

Tony Brooks

Boo!

• 2 weeks later...
How about someone designing a Canalworld Forum badge and nametag to wear?

Nick

Will be going on Saturday, so hope to make the meeting in the beer tent (shouldnt be a problem, I'm normally there!) Look forwrd to meeting all those who do make it.

I did experiment with trying to make a badge for a previous Crick meet. Even though I succeeded I got delayed at the gate and missed the meet. The badge turned out quite well, I used the Canal World oval logo, printed it off, laminated it and stuck a pin on the back. Didnt look to bad, in fact I might still have it somewhere!! :)