The Anchor Inn Needs Your Help

Loafer

Featured Posts

Surely they should serve olives at least?

The last time I was in there, the person I was with ordered a soft drink, which was served with no ice. She meekly asked if she could have ice. Olive said nothing and walked off. We then stood waiting for about 5 minutes. I said that I didn't think Olive was coming back so we went and sat outside.

About 10 minutes later, Olive appeared with an ice cube on a saucer! Bless her!

She probably had to go and freeze it first! She's quite well known for not letting money slip through her fingers.

Thanks to those saying they'd be there, so far. I'm so far gone now, that I can't do individual thanks. At the moment I'm thinking there's at least 4 of us who'd turn up!

Edited by Loafer

A favourite of mine.

Mine too.

Never had a bad pint in there.

You've not been there often enough then!

Olive is lovely.

And the locals are some of the friendliest I've met.

Both true.

The toilets are also a home for the swallows

Yep, I've spent AGES in there watching them too. To the point of embarrassment.

If you find it shut, wait for it to open.

Good point....

I'd go to a banter there. I haven't been before, but MtB has told me all about it and it is on my hit list.

Also, I think a cheese sammich is perfectly acceptable fayre for a pub to offer by way of food, when you know it is not a food pub!

Edited by Starcoaster

I have had this response from sharing it on Facebook

"Mike Kelly I am very sorry about this - this was reported to us some time back and we did correct the database - the current Android app does show the Anchor as open and we emailed the pub some weeks ago to say so but haven't had a reply. Unfortunately the iOS app has not been updated due to the untimely death of our Apple developer - I am on the case for this but can only apologise again for the error."

• Greenie 1

I have had this response from sharing it on Facebook

"Mike Kelly I am very sorry about this - this was reported to us some time back and we did correct the database - the current Android app does show the Anchor as open and we emailed the pub some weeks ago to say so but haven't had a reply. Unfortunately the iOS app has not been updated due to the untimely death of our Apple developer - I am on the case for this but can only apologise again for the error."

Thank you very much for that DC. I thought that Elaine had said it was only the Apple version of the App, but that's still lots of potential users.

I'll let them know that it should soon be corrected.

Unfortunately, emailing the pub is probably a bit 'shoot and hope' with the amount of current technology in there!

It could well be.

Sadly though, other posts and threads earlier today have disillusioned me a bit about this forum. I'm getting less and less likely to reveal who I am, to anyone other than those that I know and trust - which amounts to one rare poster.

Therefore it is with regret that I am not going to go ahead with this.

It can't be difficult though, if someone else wants to do it. I'll at least ask Olive and Elaine if they wish to host the event and post back here, during this coming weekend.

You assume people do not already know who you are? Or what could potentially be worse, know where you are?

There may be 2000 miles of canal but the towpath telegraph is everywhere! If your boat is still floating I'm guessing you have not really upset anyone yet.

I think a banter at Easter could be a good laugh!

You assume people do not already know who you are? Or what could potentially be worse, know where you are?

There may be 2000 miles of canal but the towpath telegraph is everywhere! If your boat is still floating I'm guessing you have not really upset anyone yet.

I think a banter at Easter could be a good laugh!

I assume nothing.

Plenty of people know who and where I am, most of all, me.

I'm sure there are a few on here whom I have upset.

The main thing is that it is ME that has been upset. My views and opinion are just that - mine. Unfortunately those views are unsuitable for a 'family' forum with a high percentage of fluffy bunnies and 'PC gone mad' nonsense. I am on the verge of just leaving this forum alone and reading a good book instead, or busying myself with other hobbies, like my photography.

I'm sure it's my own fault, but I am not able to change my opinions, unlike Grouch Marx, who said:

'Those are my opinions, Madam. If you don't like them, I DO have others...!'

Unfortunately, I don't have 'others', therefore it is better for me not to post here. I may remain as a lurker TFN.

Regarding a 'banter', I doubt very much that I will be interested enough in it, to organise it, and I suspect that neither will Olive, although she might welcome the extra custom. I will ask her about that in the next week or two.

Thank you for your concern - but I have no interest in being at a banter, for fear of my views emerging yet again.

Unless I have missed them which I doubt I haven't seen any posts from you which have upset me or I would have expected to upset anyone.

Likewise. I wouldn't think you have upset anyone.

Also, from my limited experience of one banter, everyone is very friendly and no one argued.

Oops I'm so sorry.

The posts weren't on this thread. It was the CRT vs Ethnic thread. It oozed over to this one somehow, to do with me no longer wanting to organise the banter.

Sorry guys, a bit misleading - I've only just woken up!

This one: This is an appalling attitude by CRT to ethnic people

Now locked.

Oops I'm so sorry.

The posts weren't on this thread. It was the CRT vs Ethnic thread. It oozed over to this one somehow, to do with me no longer wanting to organise the banter.

Sorry guys, a bit misleading - I've only just woken up!

To clarify I haven't seen any posts of yours anywhere that have come near upsetting me.

how about if someone organized a banter there sometime.

im a Banter virgin, and will/can be in the area in the new year. Well January.

I'm certainly up for it. Could this young lady cope with large numbers, I don't know the pub. Does she have staff?

Oh! And I do like a pint or two of 6X!!

Martyn

To clarify I haven't seen any posts of yours anywhere that have come near upsetting me.

I feel quite lightened by that, Jerra, but it still won't absolve me from having transgressed the forum rules, which I seem to have done, somehow. Thank you.

However, GoodGurl and Dhutch say so, so therefore it IS so. It isn't my forum, and I respect that, at least. No more offensive comments from me!

Edited by Loafer