Well done CRT - Licence renewal

bassplayer

Featured Posts

Having just received an email inviting me to renew my licence for next year, I logged on as instructed expecting (to be honest) something to mess up. Much to my delight it was a seemless easy process despite converting over to a Gold licence for next year (we plan to do the Thames again and explore the Nene/Ouse).

I also sighed with relief that I wasn't confronted with the option of a 3/6 month temporary licence. Whether I had anything to worry about, who knows!

Anyway, good luck to anyone just about to try the on-line CRT licensing tool. I was pretty impressed really. Well done CRT! A very easy way to spend over £1000...maybe too easy :(

I had an abortive attempt earlier in the year when I couldn't change my mooring from where we'd been the year before last and even when I left the mooring as it was it still failed. Left it a month til the licence was due within a day of two and it worked seamlessly first time. Not everything goes perfectly first time but, to CRT's credit, they put it right pdq.

Recieved renewal today.

Phoned in.

Did on card

All done and dusted.

Before I had hung up my Gmail tinged & there was my licence in me inbox[ooer matron]

Can't fault that.

The lady is also posting out to me as i played the no printer card.

Only disappointment is the monochrome state.

WHERE THE PRETTY COLOURS GONE!

I did my renewal in about 5 mins, it is an excellent system.

However CRT instructed Shoesmiths to send me a threatening letter, which at the end said "please ignore this letter if you have all ready paid" I already had, and letters from legal firms like that cost hundreds of quid, so my licence money went to greedy lawyers rather than greedy CRT.

Having just received an email inviting me to renew my licence for next year, I logged on as instructed expecting (to be honest) something to mess up. Much to my delight it was a seemless easy process despite converting over to a Gold licence for next year (we plan to do the Thames again and explore the Nene/Ouse).

I also sighed with relief that I wasn't confronted with the option of a 3/6 month temporary licence. Whether I had anything to worry about, who knows!

Anyway, good luck to anyone just about to try the on-line CRT licensing tool. I was pretty impressed really. Well done CRT! A very easy way to spend over £1000...maybe too easy sad.png

I also did mine this afternoon after first registering and printed out the square licence disc and confirmation of licencing

I'll be interested to see if it works when I try to renew mine.

Despite sending them an e mail when we changed moorings the renewal still has us on the old mooring.

Ken

It did on mine did as well, but the new mooring was preloaded into the renewal form that I had to work through.

Went on line to do my license tonight but although the system appeared to work well I decided not to because......

They charge me £7.50 to use a credit card or nothing for a debit card. I will not use a debit card online because I have no back up for the security on my debit unlike the credit. So looks like I will be on the phone. Why is there no option to transfer direct from my account to theirs on line? This is the cheapest option for banking charges, which means less of the money going into bankers back pockets

I'll be interested to see if it works when I try to renew mine.

Despite sending them an e mail when we changed moorings the renewal still has us on the old mooring.

Ken

Once you've created an account all your boat details appear in the My Boat page on the site. You can look at these and see if they have already updated your home mooring. If it's still showing the old mooring you can update this yourself. An e-mail is generated stating that they may need to contact you for further information but in my case the mooring was updated straightaway.

How did you manage that?

I'm trying to renew mine on line using the link the sent to me in my renewal email, and I can't find any way to buy a Gold Licence.

Recieved renewal today.

Phoned in.

Did on card

All done and dusted.

Before I had hung up my Gmail tinged & there was my licence in me inbox[ooer matron]

Can't fault that.

The lady is also posting out to me as i played the no printer card.

Only disappointment is the monochrome state.

WHERE THE PRETTY COLOURS GONE!

Despite not asking for paper copies of our licence we were posted a pair and they are green.

If you are printing your own you can presumably add any colour (or pattern of colours) that you want to. Even if you can't modify the PDF file you could use coloured or patterned paper or else you put the paper through the printer twice. I think mine would look good with a small picture of the boat on it too.

If you are printing your own you can presumably add any colour (or pattern of colours) that you want to. Even if you can't modify the PDF file you could use coloured or patterned paper or else you put the paper through the printer twice. I think mine would look good with a small picture of the boat on it too.

Brill

:)

Despite not asking for paper copies of our licence we were posted a pair and they are green.

Snap!

I reported on my experinces earlier here

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=79147&page=2

Then they updated my mooring and sent me green paper copies of my license.

I just hope they don't invoke my direct debit twice.

Edited to replace a missing square bracket, accidentally deleted in the quoting process.

Edited by cuthound

Except that you can modify ANY pdf by displaying it on the screen and pressing the mystical "PrtScn" key.

This copies an image of whatever is on the screen at the time so you can paste it into an image editing application and save it as a new file. Now you can change colours, add your own decorations etc to your licence disc. NO changing the expiry date though...

But getting back to my previous question, can anyone explain how to buy a Gold Licence on line, as the OP appears to have done?

Thanks...

The green colour is probably for easy identification by CRT staff when you are cruising.

They know who you are and where you live....

.But getting back to my previous question, can anyone explain how to buy a Gold Licence on line, as the OP appears to have done?

Thanks...

It's one of the first things it asks you if I remember correctly (before you start typing in other details). Hang in I'll see if I can bring the page up.

It's one of the first things it asks you if I remember correctly (before you start typing in other details). Hang in I'll see if I can bring the page up.

Yes, once you log in, under the My Licences section you click on 'Apply for Gold licence'

Whilst you can't modify the PDF, you can use the "take a snapshot" option under 'edit' in Acrobat Reader. This allows you to scroll beyond the screen so you can enlarge the view and then when you copy it you get a better resolution copy than just taking a copy or screenshot.

You can then paste it into a Word document and then use the various options to add a picture of your boat or add text in a tetbox or anything else that takes your fancy.

Yes, once you log in, under the My Licences section you click on 'Apply for Gold licence'

Thanks bp - I was awaiting that too. However- how do you claim back the remainder of your previous license if it doesn't end in January?

Thanks bp - I was awaiting that too. However- how do you claim back the remainder of your previous license if it doesn't end in January?

Sorry , not quite sure what you mean but I doubt you can claim back money if it overlaps. Might be worth giving the CRT help line a ring.

Edited by bassplayer