Big fire Gloucester docks warehouse

AMModels

Featured Posts

God bless our souls rolleyes.gif

Had a bloke at school who's surname actually was Kerr but he was not called Wayne as I guess his parents spotted the potential issue. His first name was Joseph.

I once knew a guy called Wayne Kearns, which I thought a bit too close for comfort.

That's similar to Joanne King who I use to know.

Not forgetting BW/CRT's Lee King.

Edited by David Mack

About 15 years ago I ghost-wrote the memoirs of an august but rather humourless captain of the entertainment industry, Reminiscing into my tape recorder one day about one of the artistes who had been with his management company, he told me

"Wayne King was quite popular in the 1970s".

Various witty ripostes sprang to my lips but for once I kept quiet, though I may have spluttered a little.

This was the old Fosters Oil mill, that has been derelict for as long as I can remember.

I worked in Gloucester in the early 1970's and it was pretty much a ruin then.

http://www.gloucesterdocks.me.uk/gloucester/warehouses/fosterbrosmill.htm

The only surprise is that it has not been burned down before.

It's been a bit of a thorn in the side of the council for some years as the family that owned it seemed to have no real interest in redeveoping it.

Edited to say that Scott Parker and Martin Rodger, both 19, have been charged with arson.

Edited by PaulG

Been a few dubious fires in Cov hasn't there. Which Art Deco pub have you in mind?

Ian.

The one in Cheylesmore, south of the City.

I once knew a guy called Wayne Kearns, which I thought a bit too close for comfort.

Not forgetting BW/CRT's Lee King.

I met Lee at Stoke Bruerne at the "war" event - a lovely guy. He informed me he lived in a road called Waterway Terrace for a while.

Edited by Ray T

How sad. I knew the Dock area quite well when I worked in the converted pillared warehouse that is closest to the dock entrance in the 1980s.

It would have made some nice flats/apartments. I hope the fabric of the building is OK otherwise I imagine it will be pulled down.

Looking from the short video clip I don't expect there's much left to be pulled down now.