"Unfriending" (Leaving) CRT, the reply they send.

Laurence Hogg

Featured Posts

Did he send them a letter? From the reply, I got the impression he'd just cancelled his direct debit.

Yes, that's the letter to which I was referring. I last cancelled a DD a couple of years ago, and I seem to recall that the bank required my cancellation in writing - they could not do it over the phone.

Did he send them a letter? From the reply, I got the impression he'd just cancelled his direct debit.

Just to put the record straight, I cancelled over the phone, no letter of any sort involved.

Yes, that's the letter to which I was referring. I last cancelled a DD a couple of years ago, and I seem to recall that the bank required my cancellation in writing - they could not do it over the phone.

You can now do it over the phone or in some cases online (Barclays).

I accepted that i am seen as a number not a person by Society and Employer's a long time ago except for close freinds and family.

Their is very little respect paid to an individual person for effort's made these days.

It does look like a typical computer generated letter, maybe Lawrence will get a phone call soon ?

For all the years Laurence put into CaRT it would have been a fitting gesture to have received personalised reply not computer generated standard effort.

And where in the list of friends available to clerical staff would you include the amount donated, years service and 'specialness' of a member?

Richard

That letter appears to be a perfectly reasonable and polite response to the cancellation of a direct debit.

I think you'd have to work pretty hard at it to be offended...

I agree not quite sure how the people in the Friends Department would know anything about Laurance. I have to say that I would have to fall out with CRT very badly to cancel my Friends donation

Perhaps adequate for someone who has been convinced by a chugger to sign up but has now had second thoughts.

However, not really a good response to someone who has supported CaRT, BW and BWB for forty years with both time and money.

That's cobblers. The standard response was merely telling Laurence his DD instructions have been acted on. That was its primary function, as I see it, and it was perfectly adequate.

And where in the list of friends available to clerical staff would you include the amount donated, years service and 'specialness' of a member?

Richard

And by what criteria could it be judged anyway?

This 'state of the art' computer system had a human being tell it what the human being wanted it to know and all previous records ie. how long Laurence and others had been a 'member' was not input.

In other words everyone started at the same time, the day the computer was programmed.

Just an scenario. rolleyes.gif

A decision was made before CaRT was launched to use one of the leading Customer Relations Management (CRM) systems, thankQ, to manage donors, volunteers and those responding to marketing campaigns.

As such, people would be added when they started volunteering (or continued volunteering), donating or responding to various 'free offers'. Over time, profiles are built up such that marketing campaigns can focus on those most likely to respond and the appropriate action taken, for example, to maximise donor retention or convert volunteers to donors.

Just to say the email didn't offend me at all and was good as a conclusion that the request was acted on.

It did surprise me there was no questionnaire or request as to why I stopped "giving".

Another waterway trust now benefits to a higher degree from my monthly contribution, it is a trust in which I have faith in it achieving its goals.

I still have my contacts in CRT and they will from time to time use my archive (like they have today) but I will no longer actively get involved with any CRT projects.

Just to say the email didn't offend me at all and was good as a conclusion that the request was acted on.

It did surprise me there was no questionnaire or request as to why I stopped "giving".

Another waterway trust now benefits to a higher degree from my monthly contribution, it is a trust in which I have faith in it achieving its goals.

I still have my contacts in CRT and they will from time to time use my archive (like they have today) but I will no longer actively get involved with any CRT projects.

That's Fairy Nuff, Laurence -- but I think one or two were trying to take offence on your behalf!

Personally I will never be a friend.

CaRT were trying to replace Lawrence with new friends the other week, outside Nottingham Court.

One hapless young fund raiser [only a week in the job] tried to sign up Leigh Ravenscroft . . .

I’ve cut out the beginning and end of the original YouTube clip [which mainly dealt with protestors against the local Council gagging someone alleging sexual misconduct of councillors, so far as I understood it].

https://youtu.be/KVCX8lMxaKU

CaRT were trying to replace Lawrence with new friends the other week, outside Nottingham Court.

One hapless young fund raiser [only a week in the job] tried to sign up Leigh Ravenscroft . . .

I’ve cut out the beginning and end of the original YouTube clip [which mainly dealt with protestors against the local Council gagging someone alleging sexual misconduct of councillors, so far as I understood it].

https://youtu.be/KVCX8lMxaKU

I can understand that the individual feels hard done by the C&RT but I see little to be achieved by such poor behaviour. It seemed no better than bear baiting to me.

Edited by churchward
  • Greenie 3

I think the video was a bit unfair to the CRT workers they filmed - clearly they aren't senior staff who are the ones that should be held to account for any grievance.

However, I do believe that sort of thing occurs when people feel disenfranchised and powerless.

Pissed off donator stops donating and then is pissed off because the recipient doesn't ask why?

Incredible.

I agree. People stop for all sorts of reasons and I must say if a charity asked me why I stopped donating I would lell to mind their own business. CRT have a very low drop out rate so I guess they accept some leave for whatever reason that is how these things work

I agree. People stop for all sorts of reasons and I must say if a charity asked me why I stopped donating I would lell to mind their own business. CRT have a very low drop out rate so I guess they accept some leave for whatever reason that is how these things work

Do CaRT have a very low drop out rate?

I have never seen any figures published.

I have, however, seen Simon Salem's statement to CaRT's trustees that CaRT failed to reach its target of 10,000 donors last year ...

I think that CRT are probably following the safest line in not wanting to ask why someone has cancelled their Direct Debit since it looks like a lose/lose situation to me. In the case of Laurence it merely gives him the opportunity to give vent his spleen on them (which he could do if he wished by posting them a letter outlining his complaints) but since he has cancelled his DD it wont really change anything.

On the other hand they may get a reply from another donor telling them that he has cancelled his DD because he has lost his job,his marriage has broken up and he no longer has any spare money in which case it could be argued that it isn't any of CRT's business. Donating to CRT is a voluntary action (do they randomly send out leaflets to people asking why they don't contribute?) and ceasing to donate is the same, everyone has their reasons but not everyone would want to share them.

Nigel Moore's posting has no revelance to my OP, or me and has been reported to CWDF as a complaint.

I agree.

Not sure what forum rule it contravenes though, other than being off topic.

Mr R comes across as having a hidden agenda to me, which I can't quite work out.