CRT council: Dean for 2016

TheBiscuits

Featured Posts

Dave, so sorry to hear about Bevs cancer. It is an awful disease which touches so many people and I for one make sure that all my charity donations go towards making life easier for cancer sufferers and for research to find a cure.

I do hope that Bevs lack of progression continues for a long time and you enjoy boating together for many a year.

Regards, Haggis

In fact, as undemocratic as them pushing in at the last one.

Personally, I think one piwa member on council is enough. I'm still peed off that Les etheridge fed his ego by getting rid of the wrg rep.

Thre never was a 'WRG Rep'

The CRT council place was was to represent volunteers and was nominated by the IWA for one term only until the CRT volunteering was up and running, the IWA nominated the chairman of WRG for the position.

This position will now be filled through a vote amoungst registered CRT volunteers.

Tim

Edited by Tim Lewis

Dave, I am sorry to hear your news. I've not met either of you, but am wishing for the best possible outcome as well.

Best wishes to you both.

Thank you to all who have sent best wishes!

As I said, today is a good day. The latest 3-monthly CT scan says that nothing is happening.

There is still a long way to go with Cancer, but there is progress. Had Bev been diagnosed 20 years ago, the treatments that she has had weren't there, and it is unlikely that she would make the 5 year point from diagnosis.

Now, it is something of a lottery. Some people last a bit longer than before, others last a lot longer.

Slowly but surely, they are heading for the point where some cancers change from a fatal illness into a long term condition to be managed.

Dave, I'm very pleased that you've both had some good news this morning.

So that we can resume our usual practice of disagreeing with each other, I'm going to say that you did nothing to derail this thread, that was entirely down to me and my big mouth, and I don't want any arguments about that.

Dave, I'm very pleased that you've both had some good news this morning.

So that we can resume our usual practice of disagreeing with each other, I'm going to say that you did nothing to derail this thread, that was entirely down to me and my big mouth, and I don't want any arguments about that.

Of course we can :-)

And let that be an end to the thread being derailed!

Dave, so sorry to hear about Bevs cancer. It is an awful disease which touches so many people and I for one make sure that all my charity donations go towards making life easier for cancer sufferers and for research to find a cure.

I do hope that Bevs lack of progression continues for a long time and you enjoy boating together for many a year.

Regards, Haggis

Haggis's elequent words sum up my feelings exactly.

Best wishes to you both.

Whilst I agree that it is better to have an IWA official rep separate from the elected places it is very wrong to try and exclude an IWA member standing if they wish to. That would exclude a lot of people and is undemocratic

I don't see why the IWA should have a rep in place at all unless other associations have the same opportunity to represent their' group. It seems very undemocratic, too. For four years they've represented the IWA in a boaters' group. They made a mockery of the position.

Thre never was a 'WRG Rep'

The CRT council place was was to represent volunteers and was nominated by the IWA for one term only until the CRT volunteering was up and running, the IWA nominated the chairman of WRG for the position.

This position will now be filled through a vote amoungst registered CRT volunteers.

Tim

PIWA have been taking the pee out of the positions for 4 years, and have probably looked at scamming it this time as well.

As someone else has stated, if PIWA get a guaranteed place, so should other associations.

The remark about the PIWA deciding who should be placed on the volunteer seat stinks as well.

Power freaks.

I don't see why the IWA should have a rep in place at all unless other associations have the same opportunity to represent their' group. It seems very undemocratic, too. For four years they've represented the IWA in a boaters' group. They made a mockery of the position.

Indeed they could do it that way and give the positions to associations (with a certain level of membership I suppose) and let those organisations vote in their candidate. Otherwise I agree have no granted places and let it be a free for all and vote for the best candidates.

a little flattered at the thread title, but it sounds like a lot of work, with not much evidence of actually being able to change anything, and I'm sure some have paid their dues and well deserving of being selected above moi. If there was a local group, who gathered to discuss the northern canals, I think I'd be more effective.

but thanks!

Edited by DeanS

That is a very good point. However, the IWA member is replacing the WRG member.