Winter? Bring it on.

ROBDEN

Featured Posts

You know that cold makes things contract, and heat makes things expand......... is that why days are shorter in Winter and longer in Summer?

You may be onto something there. So, global warming will also bring more daylight hours. I like that idea!

I'm happy to be a volunteer wine tester when it's ready.It's a hard job but someone has to do it ...

Trina

You obviously haven't tasted the 2014 vintage, of which I still have a dozen bottles. I haven't, because I'm a non-drinker! The 2013 went down quite well, my son pronounced it quite drinkable and by about February 2014 he and his friends had quaffed the lot. Maybe one day in the spring (it's supposed to be left 6 months to mature I think) I should bring the "Fort Neaf 2015" along to a banter somewhere and see what happens.

You obviously haven't tasted the 2014 vintage, of which I still have a dozen bottles. I haven't, because I'm a non-drinker! The 2013 went down quite well, my son pronounced it quite drinkable and by about February 2014 he and his friends had quaffed the lot. Maybe one day in the spring (it's supposed to be left 6 months to mature I think) I should bring the "Fort Neaf 2015" along to a banter somewhere and see what happens.

The pub landlord will charge you corkage :)

• 3 weeks later...

Sooooo how does anyone get anything done over winter. I just want to sit next to the fire drinking beer and reading.

I have found that the time required to do a job on the boat consists of 90% thinking about it, 5% getting the bits together 2.5% making cups of tea and 2.5% actually doing the work. All you have to do is 97.5% that doesn't require you being outside (in the cold) in the winter and the 2.5% that does require you to be outside you do in the summer......simples

Sooooo how does anyone get anything done over winter. I just want to sit next to the fire drinking beer and reading.

We get all of our maintenance and work done on the boat over winter so that we can hopefully enjoy a summer of trouble free boating.

Boat now moored next to the slipway waiting to be hauled out tomorrow for her annual three months ashore :(

DSC_1262.jpg

This time next week it will be snowing.

Might not be out of the question looking at the temperatures forecast!

This time next week it will be snowing.

Might not be out of the question looking at the temperatures forecast!

Wouldn't be the first time we have been polishing Cal in the snow.