Now up to £127K!

David Mack

Featured Posts

you mean on the side of the raised section? I think they're air vents.

For an solar powered boat there seems to be a distinct lack of heavy duty cable connectors (or any cables for that matter). Those solar panels look like they're a few mill thick and glued to the

We must have got something wrong, surely

Richard

Its all done using a fluxcapacitor !

you mean on the side of the raised section? I think they're air vents.

For an solar powered boat there seems to be a distinct lack of heavy duty cable connectors (or any cables for that matter). Those solar panels look like they're a few mill thick and glued to the

We must have got something wrong, surely

Richard

Its all done using a fluxcapacitor !

I was wondering if there was a "Mr Fusion" hiding somewhere...

Seems the max output of those is 70 Watts per panel. So that's 630 Watts from 9 panels if its those. Not a bad amount of power but enough to drive their stated electrical load?

Bimble currently have 140w flexi stick down panels in, so could be up to twice your figure, but you would still want a lot more than that I think.

Bimble currently have 140w flexi stick down panels in, so could be up to twice your figure, but you would still want a lot more than that I think.

but they are 150 cm long, there can't be much more then a meter left across this roof section?

Either that or it's the first narrowboat to be fitted with an improbability drive wink.png

Ah, the Heart of Gold, any minute now a bowl of petunias will appear.

No need for any solar panels then, just a nice strong cup of tea :)

Don't forget your towel and some peanuts :)

Having read this thread the Boat does look a bit of a crock, i make that statement knowing i am legally within my right to my point of view.

Amazon is full of seller/customer reviews and that gives assurity to their customers.

It does not do the seller any good to post on forums to slate their future customers.

Edited by grumpy146

Not many solar panels, and it seems to be bow heavy

It's pretty damned ugly.

...and where is the socket so that you can plug into the grid for the feed in?

Having read this thread the Boat does look a bit of a crock, i make that statement knowing i am legally within my right to my point of view.

Amazon is full of seller/customer reviews and that gives assurity to their customers.

It does not do the seller any good to post on forums to slate their future customers.

I noticed that they were moored next to a scrapyard, so at least they have one future customer biggrin.png

Here's a point. The boat is on the Grand Union Canal, yes? Does the owner not have to pay CRT for a licence for this boat to be on the canal? Is it registered with CRT? Is CRT aware?

How can this boat be in Birmingham and Holland at the same time?

You can't have a licence from CRT unless you have a BSS. So this boat has a BSS...... ?

Here's a point. The boat is on the Grand Union Canal, yes? Does the owner not have to pay CRT for a licence for this boat to be on the canal? Is it registered with CRT? Is CRT aware?

How can this boat be in Birmingham and Holland at the same time?

You can't have a licence from CRT unless you have a BSS. So this boat has a BSS...... ?

edited to say: or just BS !!??!!