Now up to £127K!

David Mack

Featured Posts

You could easily build a replica of this boat. Take an ordinary old boat, extend the cabin and weld on a pointy front.

Of course, if you did, you'd probably find the handrails were too short, and you'd have a vertical weld where the new bow met the old hull

Richard

I think the question would have to be...'WHY would you want to copy their design....?' detective.gif

I think the question would have to be...'WHY would you want to copy their design....?' detective.gif

Just looking and thinking, that's all. Prompted by the vertical weld and the short handrails on the Ebay boat

Richard

Maybe they were trying to copy this:

11873620_10154053344596124_5032426765907

This is LYX variant with handrails all the way forward, and special glossy paint

Mike,

The first time I asked I was told that I only wanted to copy their design and that she wouldn't allow that. I think someone else got a similar response.

Yes me too, will be hard for her to sell this beauty beast with that manner

Really - has no-one spotted it yet? Eyes open, folks, it's got to be out there somewhere! Perhaps it's pulled into a power station arm, to give them a bit of a boost...

Yes they have.

Someone spotted it and posted the location in the other thread about the same boat. Can't remember where, but somewhere on the GU between Brum and Warwick IIRC.

Yes they have.

Someone spotted it and posted the location in the other thread about the same boat. Can't remember where, but somewhere on the GU between Brum and Warwick IIRC.

Tyseley, I think

Richard

Maybe that very well placed and most attractive rubbish bag is included if you're prepared to pay the full 127k.

This beautiful Dutch style barge was well prepared for the publicity photographs that were taken of her, on which they cleverly don't show anything that you would like to see before you invest your monies, this of course only so that you couldn't use those to get a copy of this boat to be made elsewhere.

I'm convinced their orderbook will be full in no time at all, and there will be a huge waiting list soon.

Peter.

I must say, while I support creating something different and fresh, and commend the work that's go into setting up the company as well feel the pain of those involved it, the price does appear a mile off the value.

Daniel

You think it's TOO CHEAP???????????

IF it really has a full size kitchen, full size bathroom and full size bedroom just like in a house (as claimed in the advert), I think £127k is a raving bargain given the space age Tardis technology they must have perfected in order to fit all that in a 45ft x 7ft boat.

No wonder they are worried about people copying it..!!!

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

You think it's TOO CHEAP???????????

IF it really has a full size kitchen, full size bathroom and full size bedroom just like in a house (as claimed in the advert), I think £127k is a raving bargain given the space age Tardis technology they must have perfected in order to fit all that in a 45ft x 7ft boat.

No wonder they are worried about people copying it..!!!

And its time and space travelling capabilities mean you will never get stuck due to lack of dredging. Simply zip back in time to when that bit of the cut was deeper.

Edited to add a missing space.

Edited by cuthound

I doubt anyone will ever actually get their hands on this boat, rather they will loose all their money to a scam, and never see the seller again. It might get abandoned after that, and end up being sold again, where the new owner will find out all the welds are condemned, or they made it 8 ft wide. It would be like buying a car from a manufacterer no ones ever heard of. No thanks, not even if it was free.

And its time and space travelling capabilities mean you will never get stuck due to lack of dredging. Simply zip back in time to when that bit of the cut was deeper.

Edited to add a missing space.

You could have added the missing apostrophe while you were there too, lol!

(God I'm gonna catch it for that from the forum anti-grammar nazis)

You could have added the missing apostrophe while you were there too, lol!

(God I'm gonna catch it for that from the forum anti-grammar nazis)

No missing apostrophe as far as I can see. If you are thinking of the "its" that's correct. "It's" is short for "it is".

N

No missing apostrophe as far as I can see. If you are thinking of the "its" that's correct. "It's" is short for "it is".

N

Is it?

ISTR the apostrophe is used to indicate the possessive too. "My aunts pen" being wrong; "my aunt's pen" being correct.

I also STR this rule perhaps doesn't apply to the worm "it"...

Where's Athy?!