Tow needed!

Woofster

Featured Posts

Hello,

I need a tow to Uxbridge or towards Uxbridge. I am currently in London, E5 (close to Springfield park). My boat engine is broken and I need to get to Uxbridge for it to be repaired. No engineers want to come into London, understandably. I'm well and truly stuck.

Is there a kind soul who is heading in that direction any time soon that would be willing to give me a tow?
I have a 48' narrowboat.
Many thanks in advance.
Donna.
  • Greenie 1

Hello,

I need a tow to Uxbridge or towards Uxbridge. I am currently in London, E5 (close to Springfield park). My boat engine is broken and I need to get to Uxbridge for it to be repaired. No engineers want to come into London, understandably. I'm well and truly stuck.

Is there a kind soul who is heading in that direction any time soon that would be willing to give me a tow?

I have a 48' narrowboat.

Many thanks in advance.

Donna.

How urgent?

Lexicon, asap really but if someone was planning to pass through in a couple of weeks I wouldn't pass up the offer?

Planning to be in that area August 3rd onwards so if you still in need then I would be happy to assist

Thanks Junior that seems to the best option.

No, I haven't heard of Ralph kits. I have River Canal Rescue membership and they will fix if I can get a tow to Uxbridge.....

. Make a sign up and put it up on your boat, sure you will be underway in a day or two

No, I haven't heard of Ralph kits. I have River Canal Rescue membership and they will fix if I can get a tow to Uxbridge.....

Why won't RCR come to your current location...?

Rob M, that is a very good question. Despite having Gold Membership, because they came out and diagnosed they said they wouldn't come and fix the problem as they didn't have the resources. I have been 'in negotiation' with them for the past three weeks. Now they have agreed to do the work but only if I can get to Uxbridge. Rant over.

I just hope someone can help me out and tow me to Uxbridge.

Rob M, that is a very good question. Despite having Gold Membership, because they came out and diagnosed they said they wouldn't come and fix the problem as they didn't have the resources. I have been 'in negotiation' with them for the past three weeks. Now they have agreed to do the work but only if I can get to Uxbridge. Rant over.

I just hope someone can help me out and tow me to Uxbridge.

Just to set a balance - earlier this year, not a million miles from where you are, we called out RCR for a matter that was within their terms of reference and they came as quickly as they could - same day.

I suspect that your experience is unrelated to the location.

Dom, on Fuel boat Baron goes down the lea and around to Camden regularly, Pete, on Fuel boat Ash (Same company run by Pete and his Dad) goes from Camden up to Denham.

I dont know but I expect that Pete would discuss this with you. His number is 07774 166497.

Their yard is in Denham and he's pretty handy with a spanner so may be able to help with the engine as well.

So, I'm not hearing that right? That's River and Canal Rescue right? And they won't come and help you in London.

I would sue the arse off of them.

Perhaps the engine repair requires more than can be done canal side and perhaps it needs lifting out or something and the facilities for that are at Uxbridge.

Just a suggestion :-). Our experience of RCR is that they are happy to come to you wherever you may be and we don't really know the reason for the move to Uxbridge, do we?

haggis

Perhaps the engine repair requires more than can be done canal side and perhaps it needs lifting out or something and the facilities for that are at Uxbridge.

Just a suggestion :-). Our experience of RCR is that they are happy to come to you wherever you may be and we don't really know the reason for the move to Uxbridge, do we?

haggis

You would like to hope that they could arrange a tow even if they couldn't do anything themselves.....whilst we might not know all the details I'm afraid a boat I towed a few years ago was due to RCR not really delivering what they promised.....

As others have said just ask...I did the tow after we moored in front of the broken down boat and got chatting to the owner...they repaid me with a rather nice meal....bit of a win all round!

Cheers

Gareth