Virtual Tour Of Historic Narrowboat

Tim Lewis

Featured Posts

Not working very well on mine. Bits of boat and lots of multicoloured geometric patterns. Did 'start' the engine though.

How? A pop-up informs me that I may start the engine on the control panel, but I see no control panel. Also, should the "auto-rotation" do anything?

Not working very well on mine. Bits of boat and lots of multicoloured geometric patterns. Did 'start' the engine though.

Derek, what browser are you using? I'm the photographer that created the virtual tour, so I'm always interested in any problems that might come up, and in solving them.

How? A pop-up informs me that I may start the engine on the control panel, but I see no control panel. Also, should the "auto-rotation" do anything?

Athy, auto rotation starts rotating the current panorama.

The control panel is on the engine room wall, on the left side of the cabin door.

You can also start the engine by clicking on the speedwheel when you "stand" at the tiller.

Derek, what browser are you using? I'm the photographer that created the virtual tour, so I'm always interested in any problems that might come up, and in solving them.

Hi Harald, I'm using Firefox, but also tried it with Chrome and got the same results.

In some instances the entire view would be visible, but attempting to move around the geometric patterns re-appeared obliterating much of the image.

I was able to start the engine by clicking on the speedwheel from the steering position though.

Tried and failed to print a screen shot - forgotten how!

Edited by Derek R.

Hi Harald, I'm using Firefox, but also tried it with Chrome and got the same results.

In some instances the entire view would be visible, but attempting to move around the geometric patterns re-appeared obliterating much of the image.

I was able to start the engine by clicking on the speedwheel from the steering position though.

Hi Derek,

Thanks for your response. Could you please contact me directly (harald at haraldjoergens.com)? I'm keen to find out what the problem is, but don't want to hijack this thread for a technical discussion!

Hi Derek,

Thanks for your response. Could you please contact me directly (harald at haraldjoergens.com)? I'm keen to find out what the problem is, but don't want to hijack this thread for a technical discussion!

Will do.

Derek

Athy, auto rotation starts rotating the current panorama.

The control panel is on the engine room wall, on the left side of the cabin door.

You can also start the engine by clicking on the speedwheel when you "stand" at the tiller.

Thanks Harald, I managed to start the engine and very nice it sounded too!

I know where you live - I taught for several years in the prep school in Bletchingley, which if I remember rightly is the next village from Nutfield.

Thanks Harald, I managed to start the engine and very nice it sounded too!

I know where you live - I taught for several years in the prep school in Bletchingley, which if I remember rightly is the next village from Nutfield.

Indeed, Athy, Bletchingley is the next village from Nutfield - avery nice village, I have to say!

Hi Derek,

Hello, I can't get it to do anything at all in Safari but cold starting a National was always a problemlaugh.png . Any ideas?

Bill

Hi Bill,

Are you using Safari on a Mac or a PC? What happens, and what does not happen?

Thanks!

Harald

There are 3 flashing targets ( engine hole, on the wharf and on the welcome screen) pointing at any of them and clicking with the mouse doesn't do anything and I can't seem to get any action at all ( on the screen that is!) pressing any keys. It's an iMac and Safari is usually 100% good

Yes. Fit a PD2 smile.png

George ex nb Alton retired

Like the one in Brian's workshop?sad.png I've got a pair of ear defenders already.....

Having updated and troubleshooted(!) my box of trick, I still have issues viewing. But what I can see is a wonderful back cabin!

Ditto with a PD2! First turn of the crank and she fired up - any weather. Took us all over the system without a hitch for years. Then the new owner had a crank break(?) soon after the sale. She must have missed me.

ETA: Open pipe too - luverly!

Edited by Derek R.

Having updated and troubleshooted(!) my box of trick, I still have issues viewing. But what I can see is a wonderful back cabin!

Ditto with a PD2! First turn of the crank and she fired up - any weather. Took us all over the system without a hitch for years. Then the new owner had a crank break(?) soon after the sale. She must have missed me.

ETA: Open pipe too - luverly!

Thanks Derek, your comments much appreciated, Although I do live ashore, Swallow's cabin is my second home and I spend a fair bit of time afloat. Harald spent all day photographing the boat and the immediate museum vicinity. He was painstaking, patient and thoroughly professional, and at all times a real gentleman even when he banged his head on the hold door frame! In truth I wasn't sure what to expect, but the result is truly amazing. There are a few more photos to upload, and please guys do suggest improvements or corrections. By the way, the National starts easily and runs well!

regards

David L