A Wee one to start again.

W+T

Featured Posts

Strange, i have just looged in and had a look at replies ehre ad the pics above dont show, just the jpg codes

here we go again with bloomin pics.

EDIT....just added them again and work for me now again.

Edited by W+T

When you finish it, I think you should do a grand tour of all connected waterways, so that we can all see your sterling efforts in the flesh ☺

That would be great, i would need to take a sabbatical i think lol.

Works for me on both phone and desktop. What happens if you click on this link?

https://s5.postimg.io/4tyv9ob0n/20160915_182011.jpg

Interesting. That link is now unavailable to me too.

here we go again with bloomin pics.

May I suggest you take a look at Flickr? It's free and gives you a humongous amount of space.

Tony

Interesting. That link is now unavailable to me too.

May I suggest you take a look at Flickr? It's free and gives you a humongous amount of space.

Tony

I had a go on flickr but couldnt work out the place, i loaded a pic ture but couldnt find the URL to copy and paste. The Postimage is so easy.and also free, if i still struggle i will try Flickr again;)

I had a go on flickr but couldnt work out the place, i loaded a pic ture but couldnt find the URL to copy and paste.

1. Select (click) the image so that it's large on the screen.

2. Hit the arrow 2nd from right at the bottom - it brings up "Share" as you hover over it.

3. Select BBCode

4. Copy the code and paste into a post, like this:

28509226376_811f87548e_k.jpgUntitled by Tony Quinsee, on Flickr

Are you planning to get her painted before winter sets in or leave it until the Spring?

Getting close for a good weekend of weather. so will see how it goes. I would like it painted before winter, we will see. I am going to get the paint this week anyway, i have some White 2pk Epoxy floor paint for the top deck and going to get Blue for the hull, but not sure now on the floor paint, And i am not going to antifoul it as no need as it will not be moored for long periods, well longer than 6-8 months i reckon. So i need a good paint for the hull that is good submersed.

unless somebody can think it needs antifoul.

Getting close for a good weekend of weather. so will see how it goes. I would like it painted before winter, we will see. I am going to get the paint this week anyway, i have some White 2pk Epoxy floor paint for the top deck and going to get Blue for the hull, but not sure now on the floor paint, And i am not going to antifoul it as no need as it will not be moored for long periods, well longer than 6-8 months i reckon. So i need a good paint for the hull that is good submersed.

unless somebody can think it needs antifoul.

I would personally anti foul the hull, you will be surprised how quickly marine growth will attach itself to the hull, i.e weeks rather then months.

Most antifouls need applying within a certain time of the boat being launched though so I would wait until you have a better idea of when it is due to be put in the drink before applying the paint.

From memory the paint we use needs to be applied within 3 months of the the boat being launched.

Edited by Naughty Cal

Oh yes, i forgot about the timescale to apply it, i think most are as yours is, within 3 month before launch.

Still decidng if its worth the anti foul, i have joined another forum and asked on therem the majority say it will not need it even if going on the sea for short periods, as the mix of fresh water and sea will help keep it clean.

Oh yes, i forgot about the timescale to apply it, i think most are as yours is, within 3 month before launch.

Still decidng if its worth the anti foul, i have joined another forum and asked on therem the majority say it will not need it even if going on the sea for short periods, as the mix of fresh water and sea will help keep it clean.

You are welcome to come and look at the bottom of ours. I can tell you that despite shifting between salt, brackish and fresh water it still has a fair covering of growth on the bits not painted in antifoul paint.

The hull which is painted is relatively clean. Just a thin layer of slime that comes of easily.

I,m thinking anything is possible if you have the skills and nerve. I imagine Rachael's partner sees some real sheds and gets invited to make them go again. Its all all about money and / or skills. Go Wayne!

Oops sorry! Looking at old posts on a phone! Still good luck though

I was a bit lost then with that reply, but i have to agree anythng is possible...if your mad enough;)

Finished early today so i thought i would give the next update, a few bits done and just managed to get the new deck done, weather was very risky this weekend, and after work now i am to tired so to keep my sanity, what is left of it, i only do work on the boat at the weekends now, maybe a few bits during the week. But i get a bit stroppy with the need to get the boat done asap, and we all know that when your rushing and stressing it just makes things go wrong, there fore take longer.

New deck is 18mm Marine ply with a single 650grm combination matt, just to seal it a bit more than just resin.

20160922_161335.jpg

Even with a straight head i managed to cut the matt to short, on by a few inch so i just patched it up with a few strips of more 650 combo matt.

20160925_122655.jpg.

This the gap i missed andthe job in hand,

20160925_122712.jpg

20160925_124644.jpg

Nicely wet out but for the white strands, just would not wet out for some reason, no big deal though this,will mkae no effect on the water prrof or strength in the deck.

20160925_130639.jpg

I have been meaning to seal the front bulkhead and locker seats for months but keep forgetting while laminating. hey i remembered today smile.png

These will be laminated in place soon,

20160925_130651.jpg

20160925_130708.jpg

BIG JOB done here, or strong one i hope, dont ask why but it needs to be done some time so i drilled through for the recovery eye, nearly got it square, not big deal again as i will be drilling it out wider than the M12 thread so i can set a SS pipe in then with epoxy.

20160915_182030.jpg

20160915_182040.jpg

Hey its i the middle though inside smile.png i still need to decide when to laminate the batten yet. Ireckon it will be strong enough...plenty but its just me to over do things .

20160925_142439.jpg

These are the spreader blocks for the bow rail, they are 150mm x 80 mm from 18mm Marine ply. Just a small job but very important.

20160925_144302.jpg

These i am well chuffed with, the grab rails for the canopy. I gave them 3 coats of clear Danish oil. Also had a brain wave how to oil the bolt holes with ease and no waist.

I used one of the bolt thatwill be used, dipped it in the oil and twisted it up and down in the hole to oil it. small thing please small minds hey smile.png

I just love sapele smile.png

20160925_135421.jpg

20160925_135437.jpg

20160925_135529.jpg

Cant wait to fit the rubbing strake.

Bring on the two week off work smile.png

In time for the next few days of good weather i got some proper paint,Jotun Pioner Top coat, 5l each of Ultramarine blue for the hull and Traffic White for eh top side.Oh and more Vinyguard primmer as i will give it all another coat.

I sooooooo cant wait to paint it:) will look a different boat.

Edited by W+T
  • Greenie 3

Dare is how you the paint, it has arrived today, we love it smile.png:)

Nah it will spoil the surprise smile.png

I have a shopping list here, if anybody reading this has anything they need rid of please PM me details

SS Bow bollard
Two SS cleats for the stern.
SS Bow roller
LED lights, Internal berth and down light and external for rear deck.
LED Heads light
Solar Vent
Galley sink
Head sink
Main Water pump
Bilge pumps
LPG Morco water heater or similar
SS Horn
Navigation lights
Anchor/s 8kg
Trailer rollers for keel ( 19-20mm pin ) and sides, roller beds.

Cabin table pedastal

Helm pedastal

i am sure there is more

so if anybody has anything knocking about give me a shout please.

Wayne

Edited by W+T

Now then this arrived the other day, as soon as it was opened i wanted to go paint the boat, good job it was raining other wise i would of. I got the Jotun Pioner top coat, and more primer, reason is that it is good for being applied at low as 5deg and can be over painted easy without any prep done, just a wash down. The entire hull will be blue with no antifoul.....yet. if i need to then i will when/if the time arrives.

post-8285-0-92276900-1475171832_thumb.jpg

post-8285-0-11667500-1475171871_thumb.jpg

I have started to get bits together for the trailer and i won these on ebay, going to pick them up this weekend, just need 10-12 dumbell keel rollers now,

post-8285-0-15678900-1475171880_thumb.jpg

After work today, as i finish early nowfrown.png, i cut off the leaf springs from the axles, reason is they are a bit OTT as they have a payload of 5000kg and give a harsh ride for the boat, Got a price of £460 to replace with new or £200 to reduce the leaf by two, well if i was to go that way i would do that myself as i have done that before on cars, so not difficult aslong as you get the correct pins and clamps.

Back on ebay, i found these brand new packs and a fraction of the previous leaf packs above.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1518840136...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I am sure the boat will not weigh more than 1750kg, a dry weight on a spec sheet i was sent by a chap say they are 1100kg, so with engine and all other fitting and the extra weight in ply and resin etc i can not se eit weighing in at 2500kg, just what a few folk have said.

All that said, once fitting out is nearer complete i will weigh it on the drive, i just need a set of bathroom scales and my mathematics polishing up.

Can you fit Indespension style units? We bought a pair for our trailer recently for around £130 including hubs

Richard

For breaked it is a lot more, from memory well over £500 for the weight i need.

For breaked it is a lot more, from memory well over £500 for the weight i need.

Probably. Those were 750Kg units. What weight are you looking for?

Richard

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trailer-Parts-Pair-of-Suspension-Units-Braked-1000kg-4-Stud-x-5-5-PCD-/112138529342?hash=item1a1bfa2a3e:g:5uMAAOSwDk5T7b5~

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1500kg-Avonride-braked-trailer-suspension-units-Indespension-units-4-stud-5-5-/302015219694?hash=item46518287ee:m:m6nuJtS8DE8K-8wEHIg4dMQ

Edited by RLWP

sounds very heavy.

what vehicle will you be towing with?

Boats dry weight 1100kg so to add the rest plus my extra additions and trailer weight. it will not be far off. I guess 1750 max. I will be using either a discovery for last choice or mk2 2.8td lwb shogun/pajero. These can be used for 3.5t if you get the right one.