A Wee one to start again.

W+T

Featured Posts

Looking good.

You certainly won't be short on storage space.

I have actually lost a fair bit in the Bow as now it has a Bow locker but now more room for the bed.

I was considering adding a small table to the port side but if i have one of the usual type between the V berth........i will see anyay how space goes as i keep changing it as i go.

I may even fit a bunk above the Port side berth for when the grand kids come.

decision decisions :), i have been looking forward to this fitting it out lark :)

One thing we have found with a small boat is that you can never have too much storage space but you do need to be ruthless and not carry around too much junk.

We clear out our cupboards every few months and anything not needed or used is removed to keep the weight down.

I learnt that Rach when i lived on a Dawncraft Dandy many years ago. My priorities was my fishing tackle and golf gear, that was about all the sytorages space gone on that boat, or bath tub to put it a better way, What terrible boats they are.

I will have plenty on this one though. as you can see there is the boiler cupboard, Heads storage, under the V berth. Fishing tackle i will reduce down by getting some new gear as in Travel rods. I had an excellent Shimao Exage plus a few others which i sold ages ago for some daft reason.

What an excuse to buy more tackle :)

We have some sea fishing rods which fold down small enough to fit in the anchor locker.

Telescopic ?

Myself do not like Telescopic as I prefer a Travel spigot type.

These are great rods

Penn do a good selection but for my float fishing i use a good old 2.5TC Carp rod. Daiwa Vulcan X i got about 20 years ago, its my owd faithfull :)

http://www.jims.org.uk/default/penn-powerstix-7-8ft-travel-boat-rod.html

Yep. Telescopic.

Fine for what we need as we don't do loads of fishing. Hope to use them this summer in Scotland.

I can be a tackle tart at times lol. Its not often I Sea fish at all but I just like to get the best i can afford.

Ah Scotland, I bet your looking forward to that trip. Some great fishing to be had up there. Hope it is Macy season for you, cant beat fresh Mack`s on a BBQ. I will be getting one for the boat for sure. I am sure you have some good receipes.

Never cooking it on the boat again I know that biggrin.png

Bbq only job for mackerel.

We are going in July so should be some about.

Looking forward to the trip but the planning is proving to be more difficult than anticipated!

Only bad bit about Makcy`s, is they pong when being cooked and gutted for that matter.

What the trouble with the trip plan Rach? getting transport?

Next small update

This weekend i have done a bit of plumbing and lined out the Heads but for the water tank side. The floor will be laminated over for the wet room and drained by a pump under the read deck. This pump will also drain the water system as when needed in winter etc

The water pump is now under the cabin step where the batteries were intended to go. Now the two batteries will be going the other side of the lower bulkhead under the deck.

Here you can see the top horizontal pipe is the balance pipe joining the two tanks. This is to help filling the tanks from one deck filler.

PUMP3.jpg

The cabin step covers it just nicely.

PUMP2.jpg

Here is the feed to the heads sink and Morco boiler which I will be T`ing off to. The elbow fitting on the right will be replaced with a T fitting later. so i can go through the heads wall and up to the boiler.

All open ends in the pipe work have been blocked off with tissue for now so no dust or dirt gets in the system.

PUMP6.jpg

Spot the difference.

I forgot to add the drain for the water system. Easy done as I have yet to finish it all off yet. All joints will be tightened and tested before anything else goes ahead. Well but for the pie work to the galley sink.

PUMP3.jpg

I hope to get on with a little more lining out done so I can get the galley framed out this week. Once that is done i can move back over the cupboard and then the berths.

Gotta love speedfit!!

It is all i ever use in all plumbing jobs since I new about speed fit many years ago, well in this case John Guest. I was at first wary in case of leaks.

Transport is the one easy part of the plan!

You must be pleased to see the boat finally coming together. Won't be long now until she is afloat .

You would not believe how chuffed I was when I got some of the plumbing done.

Actually sat down for half hour on the boat with a can :)

looking smart, are we having a forum meet up for the 1st sailing, smile.png

Hi Steve hope all is well ;)

Only if you want to see a grown man in a panic and in tears of joy lol.

While you are here, I need to remove the inpsection hatch`s of both tanks so I can hold the inner side of the tank fittings so I can tighten the outer compression fittings.

What should use to reseal the hatch`s ?

Come on what you been up too in the last week?

By the way. I can't recommend the lagging to the warm air ducting highly enough. It might be a tad on the pricey side but it certainly works a treat. Naughty-Cal is a much warmer boat now.

I would route your air ducting before you refit too much of the interior though. We had to pretty much disassemble the entire bedroom to get at the ducting which was a pain in the rear. Would have been much easier to route with no interior in place!

Come on what you been up too in the last week?

By the way. I can't recommend the lagging to the warm air ducting highly enough. It might be a tad on the pricey side but it certainly works a treat. Naughty-Cal is a much warmer boat now.

I would route your air ducting before you refit too much of the interior though. We had to pretty much disassemble the entire bedroom to get at the ducting which was a pain in the rear. Would have been much easier to route with no interior in place!

It will be kept secret for a while what I have been up to, but I have done a bit :) reason I have not mentioned much as it is just a little frame work really but the cooker is in situ :)

I have removed the Houdini to see if i can reseal it. I know it is going to be tricky but it needs to be reaealed or a new one fitted as after 4 Creeping crack it still leaks/drips.

I know what you mean on the ducting, I once had trouble with a blown air heater in a caravan and what a job that was. Here I will be doing all frame work then fit the Morco and Propex then clad it all in.

I am trying to cut back more now as I have lost more bloody hours at work so i will see what types of lagging i can gte for the blown air ducting. Even wrap it in Rock wool and Duct tape it up.

Come to think it will not need much as the heater Propex will only have a short duct ( single outlet ). Not to sure where to fit it yet but if i can i will fit it in the bottom of the storage/cupboard. Or next to the rear lower bulkhead under the rear deck. I still need to read the fitting instructions for it.

Sorted I can fit it in the bottom of the cupboard with the outlet at the same place, well opposite end. and vent high up the hull.

As Tony said, very kind offer much appreciated :)

Ah just checked the duct on the Propex is 2.5inch or 63mm, Will it fit ?

PM sent Rach

And i have just stripped the Houdini Hatch, now to find new seals :)

Taking it apart was not hard but i can see getting the glass back in will be a reat old faff about.

I will do a right up if all goes well ;)

Here you go Rach I thought I would show a bit of progress as I remember you wondering where the oven will be going.

First off was to do a bit more lining out so I can get on with Galley. Again as before with the heads I pumped in expanding foam once the ply was fastend in place.

This time i used modesty blocks to help keep the ply from bowing under the pressure of the foam when it expands. Spaced about about 6inch apart when used with 5.5mm ply.

You can see here that I left the outer edge sticking out as later I will trim it back flush. Easier than faffing to get it all good now.

tn_20170114_135450.jpg

tn_20170114_135514.jpg

To keep the outer edge held up in place I jammed the panel up with a few off cuts of timber.

tn_20170114_135712.jpg

Once all panels are set in place just a mater of pumping the expanding foam the drilled holes.

To make sure there was plenty under the gunnel i removed the timber strut and applied the foam then jammed the strut back under.

This was after 5 mins and i wish i took a pic after 20 mins. Temps were low around 7deg ambient and i was unsure so I used a full tin, i can say i didnt need it, half would of done. In low temps the foam expands less and slower. A slight miscalculation.

tn_20170114_144044.jpg

I left the foam to set over night then just trimmed back with a knife and sharpened wall paper scraper so then I could get on with the galley frame work.

Here the oven is in place so the starboard berth has a 5` 6 " length. I am going to look at it again this weekend as i am tempted to move the oven back by about 300mm to gain ore berth length, we will see.

The cupboard will be cut back to follow the flow of the galley now. That is the reason i didnt fix it in place last week.

tn_20170115_183438.jpg

tn_20170115_183431.jpg

The reason for moving the oven back towards the stern is the head room stops half way over the oven so it is going to be a pain to cook etc.

The middle of the over will be in the middle of the upright between the windows where there is ( will be ) a down light.

I am trying to decide on what matrials to use for the galley storage and work top. At first it was Sapele unit and work top but as I am using a veneered Sapele ply to clad the Heads and cupboard I think it will be to much so we then went with a Sapele work top with a off cream colour ( Coffee maybe ) type for the galley unit and above the worktop.

One other job I did the other day was remove the Houdini Hatch as it started to leak again. I have taken it apart ready to be cleaned up and resealed. I just need to order the new seals now, I forgot to do it the other day with all faffing about with this and that.

I will give a wright up when i do this of how i did it as most folk say it is not possible. We will see how i go, if I manage it i will show.

I used some DPM and taped it in place to keep it all dry.

tn_20170114_144034.jpg

Another job a did a week or so ago. I do forget what i have done with all these bits and bobs to do.

Not a big job but i had a go with a gas strut on the cabin door top section. This a 120n strut and it works ok`ish just not enough for me so i will be getting a 150n and in 316 stainless steel. This one is a cheap one of my fish tank lid that I had spare. now more than a few quid. A SS one is around £40. I must be mad lol.

TRANSOM_20170108_120442.jpg

After work today i near finished the rear deck locker hatch trim. I need to drill and fit them now. This weekends job along with the galley to be looked at more.