A Wee one to start again.

W+T

Featured Posts

11 hours ago, RD1 said:

If it's a citroen picasso, I know why, and how to cure it. The Little under floor boxes in the rear were part filled with water.

Easy and cheap fix. 

Nissan Almera. 

Which up until yesterday has always been super reliable. Had to call the break down service out yesterday after it refused to start. Would turn over but not fire.

Turned out it had somehow flooded itself with fuel. 

Back on the road again now.

20 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

Nissan Almera. 

Which up until yesterday has always been super reliable. Had to call the break down service out yesterday after it refused to start. Would turn over but not fire.

Turned out it had somehow flooded itself with fuel. 

Back on the road again now.

i would get rid and stick with your good old classics Rach ;) 

I just dont like many cars younger than 20 years old. T`s car has been a pig to start for about 6 months now and w ehave had it plugged in twice but as always they cant do any thing util it breaks down. Dare i say Peugeot...say no more hey.

Although she has always had them and never had  a problem with any until now with this 08 plate, nice car but to much electric`ery.

On 26/02/2017 at 19:38, Naughty Cal said:

Water leaks  are a pain in the arse. 

Got one on my car. Can't for the life of us find it but when it rains heavy the rear footwell on the passenger side gets wet.

Does it have a sunroof? The drain pipe can become detached. 

Otherwise, having discounted the scuttle drains, it's likely to be the rear door seal. 

4 hours ago, W+T said:

i would get rid and stick with your good old classics Rach ;) 

I just dont like many cars younger than 20 years old. T`s car has been a pig to start for about 6 months now and w ehave had it plugged in twice but as always they cant do any thing util it breaks down. Dare i say Peugeot...say no more hey.

Although she has always had them and never had  a problem with any until now with this 08 plate, nice car but to much electric`ery.

Can't get rid of it now. Its running again.

Had it 10 years now with very little trouble. Had to have a crank sensor last year but other then that it has been reliable.

The chap who came out to fix it said it could have been because it was fired up and moved a very short distance, i.e was only running for a few seconds which flooded the engine. So will try not to do that again!

Only moved it so it didn't get splashed with antifoul paint :rolleyes:

For an hour though it did have me worried that I would end up driving a Skoda non turbo diesel which Liam's boss is trying to offload :blink:

3 hours ago, WotEver said:

Does it have a sunroof? The drain pipe can become detached. 

Otherwise, having discounted the scuttle drains, it's likely to be the rear door seal. 

No sunroof.

Pretty sure it isn't the door seal as well. It has double door seals and when hose tested there are no obvious leaks from there.

was only running for a few seconds which flooded the engine.

My wife arrived home unexpectedly by taxi instead of in her car.  She said she had called out the AA to look at the car, but was confident the engine was flooded.  I asked her how she suddenly had enough mechanical knowledge to diagnose a flooded engine, and she replied, "Well, it certainly looked that way when they dragged it out of the bloody canal!".:rolleyes:

Not a lot going on but bits of this and that. 

I collected the compressor on Friday and found it needed a bit of a fettle. It has a faor output of 3HP motor and 11CFM on a 50l tank, single phase and doesnt blow fuses on a 13amp plug. Although i have a 16amp set up to wire up if need be as the welder could do with it when i build the trailer.

I would of preffered a bigger tank but it will do, I have sprayed cars with a much small er tank and spec.

tn_20170302_170601.jpg

Filter is goosed

tn_20170302_165805.jpg

And oil was low so I changed the oil, I have some 10W40 spare so I used that.

Viewing glass was a bit manky  and why they have the sump drain so flush you have trouble to drain oil and not get it running all over i dont know.

In the end i just placed a shallow tub under the tank and let it rub down and into it.

tn_20170302_170612.jpg

So fixed the filter case with some epoxy glue and Duct tape. for the filter edia i used and off cut of a car wash sponge 

tn_20170305_164937.jpg

tn_20170305_164923.jpg

Now that is not exactly boat`y but is needed for the project so see if it will help find the seepage. And i can now spray the boat. If only the hull. 

Today I did a bit more plumbing but I ran out of pipe to finish the hot water.

Bit n bobs arrived the other day. 

tn_20170305_114210.jpg

To help put a nice bend in the pipe i used a hot air gun to soften it and once in place hold in for a moment so it holds the curve you want and not kink.

tn_20170305_120601.jpg

tn_20170305_120855.jpg

You will see here i have added a vertical clear tube to see the tank levels. 

I added the hose in the places you see to 

Still a few bits to do as said the hot water pipe needs finishing and a cap/tap/breather for the water level pipe. 

Ah forgot this bit

I wanted the frame the deck hatch but weather has been bad and not stopped raining to do so. therefore I fitted a pull/lift ring in the workshop in the dry :)

These are a bit high for floor fitting at 10mm so I fitted the flush.

Just a matter to mark out for the cut and drill for the mounting holes 

tn_20170304_162847.jpg

Drill out for the corner radius

tn_20170304_164027.jpg

Then with a grinder and plasma disc cut the out sides as dont want to ruin the chisels and chisel out.

tn_20170304_165131.jpg

I made the depth a few mm deeper so then i can seal it with epoxy and then Sikaflex 219 

tn_20170304_170133.jpg

tn_20170304_170120.jpg

tn_20170304_170335.jpg

tn_20170304_170605.jpg

I had some 316 screws but the heads were alittle to big do after a grind down they fitted nice.

tn_20170305_103650.jpg

tn_20170305_103708.jpg

Onc ethe epoxy had set i smootherd with Sikalfex 219 to bed the pull ring down and seal from water ingress.

The washers are 316 SS and to be a stand off. 

tn_20170305_161407.jpg

tn_20170305_165655.jpg

tn_20170305_165613.jpg

So now need a good day to fit the frame. And deck drains.

Leak detector :)

I hope 

At the minute this will just either push any water that is in the cavity out or blow bubbles when i run the water over it.

Make air line fitting bolted through a 2mm steel plate and sealed inplace with a little PTFE and Sikaflex 219 

image: https://s5.postimg.org/4fikatxzb/tn_20170311_122408.jpg

tn_20170311_122443.jpg

image: https://s5.postimg.org/c9j5w85s7/tn_20170311_122443.jpg

image: https://s5.postimg.org/ycjdzos3r/tn_20170311_124409.jpg

It is held in place at the minute as it sets. I will need to leave for a little longer than specs says as there is a fair old build up. it will be about 24hrs today at 2pm. 

image: https://s5.postimg.org/c204dgk7b/tn_20170311_125009.jpg

I have an gravity feed spray gun here that i could fettle to take a smoke feed maybe. 

Leave it with me while i see what i can do

2 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Nice one Wayne :)

if it works i agree.

Just had a look at curing time for Sikaflex 219, 8mm thick then 8 days at 10 deg C, ah well try it next Thursday or Friday., 

I have been resting to much to tell truth. I have been slacking :(

I am thinking on a pressure tank and drop the smoke bomb in that. just a matter of fitting an mixer gun to the plate.

Knowing me and my luck the wind will be blowing a hooly when i try it out lol

I managed to finish the deck hatch at last. I made it such a good tight fit though I had to grind back the sides a few tho ::) 

tn_20170312_124047.jpg?1

Besides that i did a little more insulating in the bow and then did a bit of tidying up in the pound so i can get into the trailer build. Even cut back the conifers, I like the conifers but a pain to cut back. Still only a few times  a year.  

tn_20170312_163100.jpg

Still need to do a bit more clearing out at the back with all that timber in the way. The bench to the right will have the dinghy mould on it so it out the way. I need to get it out of my friends way as it is still on her drive.

Now i need to decide how to build the trailer as the pound is only 20 foot long and the trailer needs to be atleast 22 foot with a 2 foot rear over hang. Maybe make an slide out rear end to cover the legal side of it. 

Hi Ste, hows tings , good i hope. 

Defo happy with the lighter nights. 

I have been Practicing my MMA welding for the trailer, not don eit in near 15 years, i have to say i still have the knack :) 

Leak check tomorrow as i will be home early :)

19 hours ago, WotEver said:

Oohh, exciting :)

you can say that again read on kida :)

Bit since i have been over the moon with this boat but today [IMG]

I got home early today as things changed at work so i decided to get on with this leak detector idea i had using a compressor and the gadget i used above.

The sikaflex had been setting for a good 5 days i think.

One point i should mention is that when you fit the air line MAKE SURE the pressure on the reg is down to near 0 not 130psi.

image: https://s5.postimg.org/cztz2evk7/tn_20170315_150433.jpg

[IMG]

Yes while the pressure was building up i connected the air line to the gadget ( must of been around 100psi actually ) and pop, it blew the seal [IMG]

what a plonker

Still i did not flip and used a prop to see if it would seal it enough.

image: https://s5.postimg.org/4gal4nn7r/tn_20170315_150415.jpg

[IMG]

Then i set the reg properly and slowly went to about 7psi which is when i started to hear a very slight whistle from somewhere

image: https://s5.postimg.org/mmsvydz5z/tn_20170315_145843.jpg

[IMG]

I started on the rail feet and just moved over to the hatch surround and hey ho

THERE SHE BLOWS

image: https://s5.postimg.org/rf7ankj7r/tn_20170315_150308.jpg

[IMG]

So what a complete A hole that has been and an easy way to find it with air after all.

The outer hole is about 24 inch and around a corner from the inner hole

Happy days

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Naughty Cal said:

Excellent news.

Should be an easy fix for you now.

Oh yes it is an easy job to do. i like easy now :) 

1 hour ago, cuthound said:

Wol,  well done, you should consider changing your user name to "Captain Ahab" :D

`Captain Ahab`?

I have seen Moby dick but dont remember much of it as it has been that long.

Ah i remembera boat or two sinking lol 

1 hour ago, WotEver said:

Well done Wayne :)

And more congratulations for keeping your hair after blowing yer contraption off after waiting 5 days for it to cure!

Ok to tell the truth i lost my golden locks along time ago, but i didnt throw anything....just had a moment, you know stop stare and breath 

18 hours ago, Cheshire cat said:

Brilliant. I've lost count of how many problems you've bottomed now.

Onwards and upwards!

It does test my patience at times.

I like the onwards and upwards, i dont like a boat that go`s down.

Wonder what is next..........