Wolverhampton 21 help?

junior

Featured Posts

I know this should probably go in the crew swap section, but I thought I might get a bit more short term exposure in this section. If anyone has any complaints or a mod wants to move it, then feel free.

I'm looking for some help lock wheeling down the Wolverhampton 21 some time on Wednesday. At the moment I'm on my own single handed and whilst that is no problem and I'm not wanting to rush things I'll be on an unfamiliar boat, so any offers of assistance would be greatly received.

The usual offers of beer, wine, sandwiches and/or money apply.

I know this should probably go in the crew swap section, but I thought I might get a bit more short term exposure in this section. If anyone has any complaints or a mod wants to move it, then feel free.

I'm looking for some help lock wheeling down the Wolverhampton 21 some time on Wednesday. At the moment I'm on my own single handed and whilst that is no problem and I'm not wanting to rush things I'll be on an unfamiliar boat, so any offers of assistance would be greatly received.

The usual offers of beer, wine, sandwiches and/or money apply.

Hmmm Wednesday April 1st! Now that would be a good "fool"....

Sorry, not down on the boat that week.

At the moment I'm on my own single handed and whilst that is no problem and I'm not wanting to rush things I'll be on an unfamiliar boat, so any offers of assistance would be greatly received.

Any announcements, then?

If you could delay your trip just a bit you could join us at the Tipton boat rally (and easter banter), and there might well be someone going back down the 21 afterwards anyway.

Not us though, we're going in the other direction.

Sue

A huge thank you to Sarah Edgson and Dave Moore of this parish plus one of Dave's friends, who turned out this morning to help me down the Wolverhampton 21.

We were taking it easy as these were my first downhill locks in an unfamiliar boat, but we still flew down in about 1hr 50 mins.

Thank you both once again! Tyrley tomorrow morning for me now having crabbed my way up the Shroppie all day.

You are being coy about the identity of this boat. Either you're on a cruiser-stern hire boat or you are road-testing something with a view to purchase?

Hmm, Wolverhampton, not far from the home of a recently-advertised working boat. (Adds 2+2, makes 5).

Edited by Athy

Okay. Having kept things under wraps for the last few months, i was unsure when to break cover. To prevent a public guessing game now seems as good a time as ever.

I am now the new steerer of former GUCCCo boat HALSALL. The boat has been purchased as part of a joint business venture between another forum member and myself, a result of my "light hearted business opportunity" thread last year that I'm sure some laughed at.

Halsall has been owned and lovingly restored by another forum member for the past 20 years and I know it was a very difficult decision for her to part with the boat. I'd like people to respect that, and hence why there has been no fanfare announcement.

• Greenie 1

Well done. Just as well we're not in the BCN Challenge this year. Getting rammed by Albion was one thing but by Halsall would be quite another! What did the business venture turn out to be, and have you left Calais for the last time?

There seem to be remarkably few photos of 'Halsall' anywhere on the net - in fact, I can't find any!

From the Gnosall banter event....

IMG_7080_zps05c88fea.jpg

Early 1970s, working as a campin boat for Three Fellows Carrying.

The tied up butty is "Bakewell", and inside of that a converted BCN boat once owned by myself, (before I re-cabinned it).

Ker_2_024.jpg

Also in this excellent collage stills of boats dumped on the Wendover Arm - Halsall is at about 02:07

Edited by alan_fincher

Hello junior, congratulations with this new joint venture, you've got yourselfs a good boat, after the 20 years of being lovingly restored by her previous owner.

I'm sure that it must have been very hard for her to make the decision to sell her pride and joy, and she must have trust in you to continue to look after her the way she deserves.

Peter.