New boat - well for me anyway

Proper Job

Featured Posts

Time to fess up.

The ownership of a 62' Hudson transferred to me today. Some of you may know the boat: "Carinya", she was for sale at ABNB

Now all I've got to do is get her back to Thrupp, sort out licences and moorings and of course, sell Ocelot

:)

That looks like a proper boat with a proper engine, I hope you enjoy her. A decent boatyard will soon be able to remove all those little lumps along her sides.

I actually prefer Hudsons without the rivets, some how they have better lines. Trouble is, very few are 'rivetless' and beggars can't be choosers

Time to fess up.

The ownership of a 62' Hudson transferred to me today. Some of you may know the boat: "Carinya", she was for sale at ABNB

Now all I've got to do is get her back to Thrupp, sort out licences and moorings and of course, sell Ocelot

smile.png

Forgive me for asking, but what's Carinya got that Ocelot hasn't?

MP.

ETA (Apart from washers?)

Edited by MoominPapa

I actually prefer Hudsons without the rivets, some how they have better lines. Trouble is, very few are 'rivetless' and beggars can't be choosers

My comment was a wee bit tongue-in-cheek, though I do share your aesthetic preference. I did look at the purchase price of your new boat and I suspect that you fall well outside the "beggar" category (or at least, you did before you paid for her!).

I like the fake rivets. (not being sarcastic)

What happens to the butler when a Hudson is sold. Do you take on a new butler or does the old butler transfer with ownership of the boat?

Edited by Delta9

The butler should really go with the boat.

I might have to hang on to mine as the new boat didn't have one on the inventory. Maybe he's hiding in one of the many drawers.

wink.png

If only your boat has been called Carsonya...

Yes, it's usual to wait until boats are quite old before overplating them. closedeyes.gif

Time to fess up.

smile.png

Congrats. Nice looking boat. I hope you enjoy owning her and sell your old boat soon.

I know some on here are not keen on Hudsons but they do look well made and quite stylish. When I first saw one with the distinctive fore end I wasn't sure but because it is distinctive and I think elegant too I now like them. As for rivets well again some don't like them and by the sound of it like me it wouldn't be something you would order buying a new boat but they are there and don't spoil the overall look of the boat. After all there are many things on a boat put there for decorative effect alone by many builders.

We're planning to bring her back to Thrupp over the Christmas/New Year break

Hopefully Napton flight will open on time (scheduled for 19th Dec)

Does anyone know if Watford locks are open on Christmas day and Boxing day?

The web site says, "Watford Locks are open from 9am to 3.30pm, last boat at 2.45pm, seven days a week between Monday 27th October 2014 to Monday 16th March 2015".

We rather fancy Christmas day boating

Nobody's commented on the one poster bed. Is it (the post that is) unique or another of Mr. Hudson's features.

I've always been afraid to ask, but do the washer-rivets rust or (the hull around them). If not why not?