Press Briefing at CRT Hatton Offices 5th November 2014

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

I have started another thread, because although Ray has made it clear he does not wish the thread with any notes about this meeting to degenerate into something else, I, at least, would like to record my thanks to Ray for going along, and feeding back to us.

Well done Mr T!

Edited by alan_fincher

Are the Notes on the locked topic a copy of a 'handout ' at the Press Briefing, or are they notes made at the time?

One reason for asking is the wording, or rather the absence of some wording, in this paragraph . . .

"In future boat licences will only be renewed if boaters are able to satisfy CRT that they are partaking in “bona Fide” navigation. A warning will be issued prior to any non renewal of boats seen not to be moving sufficiently. This is for boats that are flagged up on existing recording principles.(CRT boat recording scheme is in the course of revision)."

Are the Notes on the locked topic a copy of a 'handout ' at the Press Briefing, or are they notes made at the time?

One reason for asking is the wording, or rather the absence of some wording, in this paragraph . . .

"In future boat licences will only be renewed if boaters are able to satisfy CRT that they are partaking in bona Fide navigation. A warning will be issued prior to any non renewal of boats seen not to be moving sufficiently. This is for boats that are flagged up on existing recording principles.(CRT boat recording scheme is in the course of revision)."

Firstly thank you Ray

Yes that piece rather concerned me when I saw it

Edited by cotswoldsman

"In future boat licences will only be renewed if boaters are able to satisfy CRT that they are partaking in “bona Fide” navigation. A warning will be issued prior to any non renewal of boats seen not to be moving sufficiently. This is for boats that are flagged up on existing recording principles.(CRT boat recording scheme is in the course of revision)."

Very good point. Last night I was reading those notes and wondering the same about numerous points in the note.

Are they Cart notes or made by an attendee?

Thanks Ray btw.

Edited by mark99

Cheers for going and reporting back Ray. If there is a bit more warning & I'm about I would be glad to attend the next one.

Cheers

Gareth

Next meeting is scheduled to be February 13th to coincide with the Hatton Lock No 34 open day. Date and location may change however.

I keep you posted.

Edited by Ray T

The notes are mine. I will be getting a transcript.

As I said in the posting of the notes I will not be drawn into any discussion of the contents.

I think it is obvious why. smile.png

I presume the transcript will be something that C&RT will be sending out to all attendees, if that's so, do you have any idea how long before you get it ?

No, may I suggest you get in touch with CRT.

Yes I'll do that, although I doubt that they will do anything other than carry out Parry's instructions to refer any communications from me straight to their Solicitors.

Would it be possible for you to confirm that it was the stated intention to make the 'bona fide (for) navigation' requirement a condition for the issue of all licences, as indicated by that paragraph in your notes?

Yes I'll do that, although I doubt that they will do anything other than carry out Parry's instructions to refer any communications from me straight to their Solicitors.

Would it be possible for you to confirm that it was the stated intention to make the 'bona fide (for) navigation' requirement a condition for the issue of all licences, as indicated by that paragraph in your notes?

Plus what seems to be the scrapping of Pre CC1, CC1, CC2 it reads like one strike and you are out

That's the kind of detail that isn't easy to capture accurately during these kind of presentations. It would be better to approach CRT directly, either as an individual or an organisation

I'm defending Ray's role as amateur stenographer here as I wasn't there

Richard

I was sure he said he would not enter into any discussions about the content of his notes! Which to me includes the rest of the meeting. He has done incredibly well to provide what he has.