I Have been Deemed Not to Be A Continuous Cruiser

cotswoldsman

Featured Posts

All sorted for me. It seems that the website check is only linked to the general licence database. Apologies from CRT, immediately added my boat to the list and said they are sorting out a technical fix their end. Very helpful.

Look at that.

An example of where actually talking to CRT worked.

One day it will catch on, you know rolleyes.gif

Looks like you still haven't grasped the concept of crap in, crap out then....

Well if I haven't I am clearly earning a living under false pretences.

You have zero evidence of crap data, and in this case ample evidence of crap use of data.

And how have I managed to con them for so long?

I don't know Dave, but in every system I've been involved in designing, input is as important as output ...What's your understanding of the 'system' in this case? Maybe that's the difference. To me the 'system' is only fit for purpose if it's used properly. That means 'people' are part of the system at the input and output....sorry if I seemed short BTW...I've got an exam tonight and I'm a bit grumpy...

Look at that.

An example of where actually talking to CRT worked.

One day it will catch on, you know rolleyes.gif

The same Crt that want you to do everything online these days, my friend wanted a winter mooring last year but is not PC literate so called them as he had done for many years and was told it has to be done online

The same Crt that want you to do everything online these days, my friend wanted a winter mooring last year but is not PC literate so called them as he had done for many years and was told it has to be done online

Or by post no bookings taken over the phone. Shame most cc'ers do not receive post by nature of the fact that they are deemed homeless so those applying by post will never know if they have a winter mooring or not, another well thought out plan by someone

Shame most cc'ers do not receive post by nature of the fact that they are deemed homeless so those applying by post will never know if they have a winter mooring or not, another well thought out plan by someone

Can you cite any evidence for that ?

I would have thought that some form of 'postal service' (be it Poste Restante, neighbours or family) would be in place to enable them to receive the :

boat licence,

driving licence,

car tax renewal,

Doctors appointments

Insurance documents

etc

One may be a CCer but you are still connected to the 'real world'.

I would have thought that some form of 'postal service' (be it Poste Restante, neighbours or family) would be in place to enable them to receive the :

boat licence,

driving licence,

car tax renewal,

Doctors appointments

Insurance documents

etc

From this thread you seem to be an expert on continuous cruising, how far do you travel every 14 days?

boat licence,

driving licence,

car tax renewal,

Doctors appointments

Insurance documents

etc

Well myself

Boat Licence went 4 months without displaying until my mail caught up with me

Driving Licence don't need one as I cc

Car tax do not need car tax for boat

Doctors appointment I am classed as homeless by NHS so have to go to a doctors surgery register as a temporary patient and make appointment at same time

Insurance documents do not need insurance document

Pose Restante No good for applying for winter mooring as I will only be in area for 14 days and it tends to be only large post offices now that offer the service and that is soon to be stopped under privatisation

I fear a lot of NHS managers say the same thing !

Really? Any chance you could back that with any sort of evidence?

Or are you just spouting for effect?

Edited by The Dog House

Sorry John it's my fault. I moored behind you briefly and the logger spotted me, in their excitement they twitched... "it's hhhhhhhhhhhhhim again" and you got caught instead. I promise, hand on heart, that I will leave Compton next this year.

Edited by Smelly

Sorry John it's my fault. I moored behind you briefly and the logger spotted me, in their excitement they twitched... "it's hhhhhhhhhhhhhim again" and you got caught instead. I promise, hand on heart, that I will leave Compton next this year.

Now now Smelly, don't make rash promises :)

Really? Any chance you could back that with any sort of evidence?

Or are you just spouting for effect?

Don't know not sure if my sister and ex wife ( just been to her wedding) both of whom have 30 years experience with the NHS count both of whom can give examples of ineffective managers . In my recent past as a director of a major IT agency I witnessed at first hand the wastage and ineptitude of both public and private managers in the NHS computer programs that was scrapped at acost of some £12 billion. Just saying.

Could not make it up it just goes from bad to worse. I really do believe CRT are becoming clueless Traders Have always been able to get winter moorings I guess you and your fellow traders that work hard to promote the canals have become outcasts

Not according to Richard Parry and Tony Hayes we haven't