Continual cruising

Boston

Featured Posts

Let me simplify it for the hard of thinking.

Party's job is to allocate funds appropriately. That could include diverting enforcement money into maintenance.

Wrong again mayall. Parry works for the trustees who give instruction on where and how much funding is allocated to what department or need.

oops. Mark has already picked you up on it....

Edited by jenlyn

Party's job is to allocate funds appropriately. That could include diverting enforcement money into maintenance.

However, as was pointed out in the post you replied to, he can only do that if boaters stop playing silly games and demanding that CRT do their job for them.

So you're saying if everyone sends Parry a photo of their boat every couple of weeks that he'll sack his Enforcement Gang and spend the £2.7 million on maintenance instead?

I am also left wondering why, after your recent ringing endorsement of C&RT's lousy boat location/logging system, you're now shouting about how everyone should send in photos of their moored boats so that C&RT know where they are at any given time and date.

Let me simplify it for the hard of thinking.

However, as was pointed out in the post you replied to, he can only do that if boaters stop playing silly games and demanding that CRT do their job for them.

Simple really

It isnt about guilty or innocent but compliant or not, and it IS up to the OP to demonstrate compliance.

Hello again Dave,

I ask again, since your post # 275 where you copied and pasted only 1 line of what I wrote, and under which you wrote something I didn't, and still don't, understand.

In post # 275 I asked you to explain what you wanted to say.

In post # 311 I asked again.

You posted 7 times since my genuine request but never bothered to explain.

I'm very disappointed for a man of your qualities, always posting your interpretations and explainations rightly or wrongly, not to have answered on this for you simple question.

Peter.

So you're saying if everyone sends Parry a photo of their boat every couple of weeks that he'll sack his Enforcement Gang and spend the £2.7 million on maintenance instead?

I am also left wondering why, after your recent ringing endorsement of C&RT's lousy boat location/logging system, you're now shouting about how everyone should send in photos of their moored boats so that C&RT know where they are at any given time and date.

Tony you seem to be jumping immediately to the opposite argument automatically please step back from your own problem and look at this

If someone was in a dispute with C&RT over their movements and were asked to simply provide dated photographic evidence of their stops. Taken over a period to show they were in fact moving as required..(this is THEM providing the photo's, not the same as your problem with photo evidence)

Surely this is a simple and easy way of solving a dispute?

Hello again Dave,

I ask again, since your post # 275 where you copied and pasted only 1 line of what I wrote, and under which you wrote something I didn't, and still don't, understand.

In post # 275 I asked you to explain what you wanted to say.

In post # 311 I asked again.

You posted 7 times since my genuine request but never bothered to explain.

I'm very disappointed for a man of your qualities, always posting your interpretations and explainations rightly or wrongly, not to have answered on this for you simple question.

Peter.

Dave Mayall will always ignore inconvenient facts because he's not interested in the issues rather a self-aggrandising display of his debating skills which, if examined, turn out to be simple repetition, until everyone, you being a prime example Peter, gets bored and goes off to watch paint dry.

Boston is not alone in doing this Oxford to Aynho shuffle so have all the others also been warned or is it big brother singling out individuals and hoping others will get to hear and then conform .

Problem is lack of communication to let others know that a scapegoat has been found and put on the conveyor of CRT punishment .

Dave Mayall will always ignore inconvenient facts because he's not interested in the issues rather a self-aggrandising display of his debating skills which, if examined, turn out to be simple repetition, until everyone, you being a prime example Peter, gets bored and goes off to watch paint dry.

Hello Alf,

I begin to get the impression that you are right, but that doesn't make me any less disappointed, I expected Dave Mayall to be a man of word and action, probably a completely wrong impression that I had of this man I never saw in the flesh, but expected to be standing behind his writings, looking at his postings.

Have a nice w.e.

Peter.

Boston is not alone in doing this Oxford to Aynho shuffle so have all the others also been warned or is it big brother singling out individuals and hoping others will get to hear and then conform .

Problem is lack of communication to let others know that a scapegoat has been found and put on the conveyor of CRT punishment .

if being stopped and charged for speeding it is no good to say you didn't catch so and so......You were the one in the wrong place at the wrong time

The OP must have popped up on the radar (and I have made my opinion clear as to my thoughts on the subject) and has therefore had her movements queried it is irrelevant if anyone else has or hasn't....Boston's movements have been queried and she needs to satisfy the board.

Providing easily identifiable, dated photographs of her movements is a cheap easy way of providing the required information.

• Greenie 2

It's not a problem . . . C&RT are being watched to see if they start looking for another target to make an example of to try and frighten other boaters into complying with their "make it up as you go along rulebook". . . . Boston may have been selected for the purpose.

The best advice to Boston might be to get in touch with the NBTA for some support. My perception from their website is that they will be able to help her 'push back' against the harassment she feels.

http://www.bargee-traveller.org.uk/

MtB

I wonder if their advice would be to start gathering evidence of her cruising pattern, perhaps by taking photos

Richard

I wonder if their advice would be to start gathering evidence of her cruising pattern, perhaps by taking photos

Richard

Quite.

But coming from them as opposed to from a CRT enforcement officer, it will cease to feel like harassment.

Or they may have different and/or better advice to offer.

MtB

Quite.

But coming from them as opposed to from a CRT enforcement officer, it will cease to feel like harassment.

Or they may have different and/or better advice to offer.

MtB

True

Richard

So you are moored at point A, you move 2 weeks later 18 miles and arrive at point B, 2 weeks later you move 18 miles back to point A, 2 weeks later you move 18 miles to point B ...............ad-infinitum.

If this is your range of movements then it is unacceptable to C&RT and you will have 'enforcement' applied.

I find it absurd that CaRT should find this range unacceptable. If that 18 miles of canal happens to be your favourite stretch, you have no desire to cruise anywhere else and you are prepared to pay for a license which ( presumably) contributes towards the upkeep of the entire system, 2182 miles of which you will never use, they should be shaking your hand and thanking you for your benevolent attitude!

Keith

• Greenie 1

I find it absurd that CaRT should find this range unacceptable. If that 18 miles of canal happens to be your favourite stretch, you have no desire to cruise anywhere else and you are prepared to pay for a license which ( presumably) contributes towards the upkeep of the entire system, 2182 miles of which you will never use, they should be shaking your hand and thanking you for your benevolent attitude!

Keith

If that area of water is so precious to you then you get a proper home mooring and cruise it to your hearts content....if you got your mooring at one end you could do it there and back every weekend!

I find it absurd that CaRT should find this range unacceptable.

But the OP states this range is acceptable to CRT.

She is objecting to being asked to provide evidence that she is moving the 18 miles a year, because the data loggers are not logging any evidence.

MtB

After receiving a second inappropriate patrol notice I found out that this was due to the warden's patrol range being limited and in order to stop being harassed by Canal & River Trust I had to take a photo of every place I moored to prove I was moving the required distance. Surely this isn't right?

From what has been said so far on this thread it appears to be assumed that C&RT want the photographs to prove compliance with their CC'ing requirements, but is it not possible that they really want them for quite the opposite reason? The OP suggests that Boston's boat may not have been sighted or logged in all the places she has moored (due to the warden's patrol range being limited). Perhaps they are asking her to produce evidence that they can use to show that she has not moved to a different "place" every 14 days, with the location and extent of those "places" being decided by C&RT after they have the photographs.

pearley, on 04 Oct 2014 - 4:37 PM, said:

If Bath to Foxhangers, 16 mikes, is considered acceptable, why is the 18 miles from Oxford to Aynho not?

Allegedly the 18 miles IS aceptable,

1) The OP claims she is doing the 18,miles she has been told would be acceptable

2) C&RT are suggesting that they do not believe that she is (as the 18 miles is outside of the patrol officers area and they cannot confirm she gets there)

3) C&RT have asked for photographic evidence of her journey

4) OP says it is harrasment..

Edited by Alan de Enfield

For somebody who joined the forum yesterday you seem to be very familiar with the traits of the various members.

Almost as if you are running a second account

For somebody who joined the forum yesterday you seem to be very familiar with the traits of the various members.

Almost as if you are running a second account

Ah I think you're right...

So is it a game of 'guess the doppel' now??!

:)

MtB