Bejesus!

mark99

Featured Posts

We are going away for a week cruising - why does my wife need about 4 coats, 6 pairs of shoes three travelbags of clothes, various hats and about a cwt of makeup/lippy? ........ smile.png

Whats wrong with a carrier bag with one handle with an assorted anount of smalls?

Does my head in.

<Love her really>

Edited by mark99
  • Greenie 1

I used to get this too, back in the days of coupledom.

I can manage with two bags, one for food, the other for clothes and all the junk I 'need'.

Last weekend I forgot to take them though. I managed fine!

MtB

You managed without BACON ?

Look at it this way Mark, if taking all the bits & bobs makes your OH feel comfortable, happy and content; doesn't that mean she will be more relaxed and therefore you'll have a much more pleasant 4 day cruise?

OR

How many tools do you have on-board your boat for all those "just in case" situations?

There's always 2 ways to "swing a cat" ninja.giftongue.png

• Greenie 1

I used to get this too, back in the days of coupledom.

I can manage with two bags, one for food, the other for clothes and all the junk I 'need'.

Last weekend I forgot to take them though. I managed fine!

MtB

I can manage with one bag, buy the food when you get to the boat.

Or moor by a pub serving food

Look at it this way Mark, if taking all the bits & bobs makes your OH feel comfortable, happy and content; doesn't that mean she will be more relaxed and therefore you'll have a much more pleasant 4 day cruise?

OR

How many tools do you have on-board your boat for all those "just in case" situations?

There's always 2 ways to "swing a cat" ninja.giftongue.png

But you don't have to hump the tools back wards and forwards from house to boat.

They stay on the boat biggrin.png

We are going away for a week cruising - why does my wife need about 4 coats, 6 pairs of shoes three travelbags of clothes, various hats and about a cwt of makeup/lippy? ........ :)

Whats wrong with a carrier bag with one handle with an assorted anount of smalls?

Does my head in.

<Love her really>

that made me chuckle as it's an oh so familiar scenario, but you must also remember that a happy wife leads to a happy life

You managed without BACON ?

yes, I've given it up. there seems to be a growing body of evidence that it gives you bowel cancer, according to a telly programme the other day.

Or it may have been on the radio...

sad.png

MtB

"Dr Rachel Thompson, the charity's deputy head of science, says that "strong evidence" shows that eating 50g a day of processed meat – one sausage or two slices of bacon – increases your risk of bowel cancer by 18% and that having 100g a day raises it by 36%."

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/mar/07/processed-meat-scare-bacon-sandwich-health

Isn't the idea that you have boating clothes on the boat, wash em as needed while you are boating, leave them on boat when you leave?.

de rigueur boating dress of course involves black, or dark navy or 'lock paddle grease' dark yellow.

Foot wear is (again dark coloured) trainers. Or if you want to look like a proper boater big boots with 'grippy' soles.

The only stuff you carry from home to the boat is stuff you wouldn't be seen dead in at home, for fear of being mistaken for a person down on their luck or worse. Just check out how many 'down the nose' looks you get when shopping in Tesco whilst boating compared to when you are at home.

yes, I've given it up. there seems to be a growing body of evidence that it gives you bowel cancer, according to a telly programme the other day.

sad.png

MtB

"Dr Rachel Thompson, the charity's deputy head of science, says that "strong evidence" shows that eating 50g a day of processed meat one sausage or two slices of bacon increases your risk of bowel cancer by 18% and that having 100g a day raises it by 36%."

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/mar/07/processed-meat-scare-bacon-sandwich-health

I think the key is 'every day' An occasional treat is ok IMO.

Edited by nb Innisfree

sad.png

MtB

"Dr Rachel Thompson, the charity's deputy head of science, says that "strong evidence" shows that eating 50g a day of processed meat – one sausage or two slices of bacon – increases your risk of bowel cancer by 18% and that having 100g a day raises it by 36%."

What are you talking about, I eat bacon all the time.

Oh, wait...... frusty.gif