Freaky Friday

Up-Side-Down

Featured Posts

Midland Chandlers have their annual extravaganza on 3rd October offering a 20% discount over a 24hr period.

(And no I don't have any connection with them apart from being a satisfied customer, glad that the days of their forebears - Midland Swindlers - have long since passed into history!)

Midland Chandlers have their annual extravaganza on 3rd October offering a 20% discount over a 24hr period.

(And no I don't have any connection with them apart from being a satisfied customer, glad that the days of their forebears - Midland Swindlers - have long since passed into history!)

Bump - for the benefit of those that missed this!

Hadn't missed it. Been waiting since the last one for this coming Friday to come along.

We have ordered our new cooker and fridge and fire bricks and magnet and a light fitting and some oil.........you get the jist.

They price match now, not sure they always have done. Got out cooker for less than the price of a fraky Friday deal. The fridge we are buying is a LEC, identical to the Shoreline for about £100 cheaper. Just made in a different 'factory' I thought they were made just outside Bognor. I don't care really.

Martyn

Edited by Nightwatch

For the first year- I cant think of anything we need- I'm thinking hard!!!l

Last year it was a boat pole and an ecofan. The pole's unused but the ecofan worked a treat- but we do have stove in line with the corridor, so it did warm the bedroom up.

I dont want to start an ecofan debatebiggrin.png

edit-Just noticed the one we bought- Valiant 4 blade is on offer at £65

Edited by Woodstock

There are a few things I need, but cannot get to any of their branches on the day. Does anyone know whether you can order and pay on line on the day and collect a couple of weeks later? I am sure they did that when we bought a fridge, but that was a big (and expensive) item.

I was in the Braunston branch of Swindlers a few weeks ago and asked about their Freaky Friday. I think the assistant told me that you had to be there in person.

It is not, by the way, an annual event - there is one in spring also.

There are a few things I need, but cannot get to any of their branches on the day. Does anyone know whether you can order and pay on line on the day and collect a couple of weeks later? I am sure they did that when we bought a fridge, but that was a big (and expensive) item.

I called into their Willington branch the other day and asked if I could order online and collect a few days later (I did this last year from Braunston). The staff told me they had stopped doing this and you had to be there in person on Friday.

If you are struggling David I would be happy to order for you and pay on the day, we could arrange pick up at a later date to suit you

Just looked for a part for a Eberspacher heater, a 24mm exhaust skin fitting, Midland chandlers price £213.50 I thought What! a quick Google search same item £42.12+vat,from these people http://www.melloronline.co.uk/shop.php?action=index

I couldn't believe the difference and thought even with 20% off their becoming such a rip off these day's.

Edited by Northernboater

Just looked for a part for a Eberspacher heater, a 24mm exhaust skin fitting, Midland chandlers price £213.50 I thought What! a quick Google search same item £42.12+vat,from these people http://www.melloronline.co.uk/shop.php?action=indexI couldn't believe the difference and thought even with 20% off their becoming such a rip off these day's.

They will of course consider price match.

Martyn

I called into their Willington branch the other day and asked if I could order online and collect a few days later (I did this last year from Braunston). The staff told me they had stopped doing this and you had to be there in person on Friday.

If you are struggling David I would be happy to order for you and pay on the day, we could arrange pick up at a later date to suit you

Thanks for the offer, Since posting, I have managed to find one thing I wanted cheaper, and the other only a few pence more than the MC discounted price.

Edited by David Schweizer

started my list

I tried a list but, after googling the couple of things on it, I can buy them cheaper elsewhere then MC normal price less 20%.

I treat MC like PC World.... If I need something now, or need to touch and see before I buy, I'll make the trip. Otherwise, you can usually do much better elsewhere.

I agree they are generally more expensive and you can often find cheaper elsewhere. However, when postage costs are factored in it sometimes swings the balance the other way. The Willington branch is not that far from us so collection cost (my petrol essentially) is pretty low. The secret is to do the searching and always include delivery charges (if applicable) in your comparison.

I wanted some blue and MC do 8 litres for £20 (2 x 4 lt). I couldn't find it cheaper anywhere else when delivery is factored in. Sadly they won't reduce it by 20% today as it's already a special offer tongue.png

On their website, its says that online is included

Yes I saw that this morning, a surprise as the chaps at Willington told me you had to come to the store on the day. It may be they have stopped telephone orders and later pick up (the following day etc), which is what I did last April

Edit to add: Of course you will have to pay delivery charges if purchasing online

Edited by Kendal

Went to the Penkridge outlet to get my fuel lock.

Computer said 2 in stock, but neither me nor the salesman could find them. Must have been shoplifted...

Salesman has ordered me one at today's price. It should be in on Tuesday. He also said I can add anything to my order when I collect the fuel lock on Tuesday and I can have it at today's price. A decent offer (for their competitively priced stuff) I thought.

Thanks for the offer, Since posting, I have managed to find one thing I wanted cheaper, and the other only a few pence more than the MC discounted price.

Doh !!! I went past the marina today, so I popped in to purchase the item which was cheaper than MC's sale price, they no longer stock it!! Piity they have forgotten to take it off their website.

Doh !!! I went past the marina today, so I popped in to purchase the item which was cheaper than MC's sale price, they no longer stock it!! Piity they have forgotten to take it off their website.

Sorry to hear that Dave, and it's too late for me to add it to my shopping list as we have already been, bought twice as much as anticipated (why oh why did I let SWMBO come with me), and been for a pint on the way homesmile.png

Went to the Penkridge outlet to get my fuel lock.

Computer said 2 in stock, but neither me nor the salesman could find them. Must have been shoplifted...

Salesman has ordered me one at today's price. It should be in on Tuesday. He also said I can add anything to my order when I collect the fuel lock on Tuesday and I can have it at today's price. A decent offer (for their competitively priced stuff) I thought.

Oh dear! We must have got there before you this morning! We had the last one off the shelf in our trolley. When we came to pay the salesman said "Ah! That's where it is!".

When I came to fit it this afternoon it wouldn't fit our filler so we took it back, so it should be in stock again now.

Edited by Alway Swilby