Staying put!

johnmck

Featured Posts

Quite strange weather in Lincoln right now.

Been sunny. Just had one very short very sharp shower, but now very very windy.

Eye of the storm perhaps?

Short, Sharp and Windy! Do you know me? :)

We are by the flood lock between the Soar and Trent. Lock open, light green heading out to the Trent, but red the other side heading from the Trent onto the Soar. Very high winds. Ropes adjusted with the rise, going nowhere for now.

We spent the night at Sileby Mill celebrating the Ruby Wedding anniversary of Sandra and Dave - two of the staff at the Boatyard. Heavy rain at various times during the evening. It then started to rain very heavily at about 8 o'clock this morning, this went onto about 1.30pm. The river was rising quickly and went into flood at about 2 o'clock. It rose by about 2ft in two hours which is fast even for the Soar.

A couple of photos taken at about 5.30 at which point the river was still rising. It was funny that Kathleen Bridget and Matty40S were commenting the previous evening that we had not had flood for sometime!!

IMG_0236_zpsbde9668a.jpg

As it is the Soar it will probably go down almost as quickly as it rose.

Heavy rain last night and a bit into this morning. Quite nice for a bit but it opened up again around 1800hrs when huge black clouds came over. Some thunder and gusty winds. Now just very windy WSW blowing up the ar*e end. Mooring pins have come loose so going to bang 'em in again as is every one else here. I am north of Uxbridge lock about half a mile. Bilge pump ran for about 5 minutes to clear below.

Hectic here last night. A willow tree's big branch kept hitting overhead electricity grid cables, with massive flashes and booms very near my boat. Then a long power cut whilst the electric board came and with a long 50ft pole with a saw on the end cut the branches off, power restored. Tree Tree fellers are back now to cut the whole tree down and the power has just been turned off.

Just that 30 odd miles further South and East and a big difference Bizzard. We had some moderately heavy rain but not enough wind to cause problems!

Couple of heavy storms here yesterday. River level up a few inches. I've caught plenty of rain in bowls though for topping up batteries and for my cat to drink.