Staying put!

johnmck

Featured Posts

We spent the night at Sileby Mill celebrating the Ruby Wedding anniversary of Sandra and Dave - two of the staff at the Boatyard. Heavy rain at various times during the evening. It then started to rain very heavily at about 8 o'clock this morning, this went onto about 1.30pm. The river was rising quickly and went into flood at about 2 o'clock. It rose by about 2ft in two hours which is fast even for the Soar.

A couple of photos taken at about 5.30 at which point the river was still rising. It was funny that Kathleen Bridget and Matty40S were commenting the previous evening that we had not had flood for sometime!!

IMG_0236_zpsbde9668a.jpg

As it is the Soar it will probably go down almost as quickly as it rose.

We were breasted up with Tyto Saturday night and had to leave in the pouring rain to get off the Soar. Mr Trackman got thoroughly soaked and very cold and in the final tie up of Chateau Neuf managed to slip in banging his ribs on the side as he went down. Unfortunately, I had gone inside to remove my wet things and failed to hear his calls. He managed to haul himself onto the back and reach the key to turn off the engine and alert me. Pretty scary but seems not much the worse for it. It is a bit of a problem with the Soar, we knew it would rise so we had to move in very poor weather.

Felt sorry for the day hirers though. One lot we saw didn't even appear to have waterproofs with them.

We were breasted up with Tyto Saturday night and had to leave in the pouring rain to get off the Soar. Mr Trackman got thoroughly soaked and very cold and in the final tie up of Chateau Neuf managed to slip in banging his ribs on the side as he went down. Unfortunately, I had gone inside to remove my wet things and failed to hear his calls. He managed to haul himself onto the back and reach the key to turn off the engine and alert me. Pretty scary but seems not much the worse for it. It is a bit of a problem with the Soar, we knew it would rise so we had to move in very poor weather.

Felt sorry for the day hirers though. One lot we saw didn't even appear to have waterproofs with them.

That's a bit more than scary. Hope all is well.

There was a biblical downpour here middle afternoon and as someone has already said on this forum, or another I was browsing, all the animals started to pair up. It's 2225hrs and it has just started raining AGAIN!!

We're staying put because we're on a secure 14-day visitor mooring at Cambrian wharf which is necessary for our weekend plans. We did have a bit of a tense time this morning when we had to move off temporarily to fill with water from the sloooowest tap on the system. Moominmama hung around on the pontoon and helpfully pointed out other available moorings to boats coming out of Farmers Bridge top lock and fortunately no-one insisted on having "ours".

MP.